By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Losing Faith in Humanity...

I feel you though if you compare today to years ago its a better situation. Change takes time also i dont think were a virus like some seem to think live your life to the fullest and care for those around you. if you want to change things try lol though when its all said and done were so bad because were so advanced.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The way we treat the earth is no better. Scientists are even making theories that Mars could be a similar picture of what we're doing to the earth today. That planet was sucked dry of its resources. It was once livable. We're a virus like race.

I can practically guarantee that Mars didn't get the way it is because of anything resembling what we are doing to the earth.  And there is no way that what we are doing to the earth could realistically make this planet end up like Mars. 

Nice try, Agent Smith. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Your puny race is dooooooooomed!!!!!!!!

SciFiBoy said:

seriously, im 21 years old, and im really fucking sick of some of the stupid shit we (humans) do.

racism, homophobia, sexism, hairism, all this arbitrary bs that people insult each other for, im just really fucking sick of it, why the fuck do people do this shit? seriously? do some people just not have functioning brain cells?

At least in my country those things you listed are minor problems. And I'd say they are in most of the world.

The big problems are every-day discrimination and humans simply treating other humans bad in other ways than such simple and politically correct and worn-out labels such as "racism" and "homophobia". Bullying, criticising, lying, bragging, cheating, ignoring, isolating, manipulating, persecuting, making fun of, ripping off people's money, discriminating just because you can, denying someone treatment or their rights etc is very common bad behaviour that we all are guilty of to different degrees. And then there's traditional crime of course - violence, rape, theft etc.

Also you forgot the treatment of animals. The suffering from racism and homophobia in the world is absolutely nothing compared to the suffering we cause animals!

And libellule's point was relevant too. The general suffering in the world that is no ones fault - death, disease, lack of food, lack of housing, accidents and stuff.

Btw, what the heck is hairism?

Around the Network

What you say is true. But you must not lose hope. I know what you mean and I feel the same. Most people hate on others and other things based on irrational, contradictory and selfish motives, which are most of the time dictated by religious and social influence, and not by their own thinking, because most people are too unintelligent to be asked to give (or at least, think up) a just and respectable opinion. And when they manage to think up something, it is mostly twisted and wrong. It makes me really sad.

But you must not lose hope or faith. Intelligent, good-willed men and women know they can make a change, however small, on others for the better. You must not stay quiet whenever someone makes a morally or logically questionable claim or act. You have to try. If it works, it will be one person with an improved mentality. This one person may one day have children, and may very well transmit the better lessons he/she learned. If it doesn't work, don't give up. Because the world will never be perfect, you must always strive to make this world a better place. Just because your room is a huge and dirty mess now, it doesn't mean you can't tidy it up and have it be a nice, clean place someday.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Do not lose faith just yet. It's true most people have a wrong mentality, but there are a few that do care about ending with all the inequality, undeserved coldness and injustice. And ultimately, if you lost faith in humanity, you believe the future is futile and hopeless. I would always disagree. As long as there are two living humans, I disagree.

A_C_E said:

Because of the parents in this world don't know how to raise kids and it doesn't help when you grow up in societies such as America or Afghanistan where your entire country is based around war, criticism, judgement or the rank of the white man. When it comes down to it all people in the world just aren't thankful or appreciative enough so they take it out on other people because they're weak. We are all prisoners of our own mind and we will all act differently depending on how we've been raised.

This is probably the first time I've heard anyone complain about white privilege in Afghan society. In fact, it gives me the impression you're not talking about Afghanistan at all.

kowenicki said:

Things are better now than they were 100 years ago, and 100 years ago they were better than they were a hundered years before..

In 100 years from now they will probably be better than they are now.

You'll be dead and so will I. 

Do your bit.... be nice, be tolerant and work hard and raise your kids to do the same.

Then hope that the emerging economies have a social awareneess and tolerance that is growing as fast as their bank balances and that they dont get trigger happy and undo the last 100 years of hard work.

/END THREAD

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

A lot of this is problem from personal responsibility.

There just many repercusion that doesn't match up with the "crime".

If you kill 1 person, you go to jail for 2 years and come back out to join the world to cause more damage. Meanwhile, the dead person... the family and friends of the victim...

If you indirectly kill or cause incredible damage to millions of people, you get to keep your job and get bailed out by the victims' money.

On the other end of the spectrum. You get the goverment raising the kids for you. You're not allow to smack your kid senseless for their stupidity to teach it what's right/wrong.

You can even talk to a kid without fearing people screaming pedophile at you.

And then you have these trusted "fathers" that are the real pedophiles and are protected by the Church.

And if you try to confront the parents about what the do, such as vandalism, they'd tell you to piss off and mind your own business. Why aren't parents required to foot the repair bills by law?

Slimebeast said:

Btw, what the heck is hairism?

The same as gingerism for most intents and purposes.

OT - honestly, the biggest issue of them all, and maybe the only one that really matters, is about human violence and uncooperactivity.

The lack of pheromones in one of the main causes. Humans can talk but when it comes to instinctive reactions we are like blind and mute to each other. Secondly we have sexual domination. Having two sexes, one of them physically strong and the other physically weak could only result in domination. 

Not only that, we are alone in the world. Maybe it is a tendency for a single sapient species to become like us. Two sapient species... one could dominate another like it happens with male and females. Three would be ideal, since any kind of domination would rapidly result in the dominated species to arise against their masters. Cooperation and lack of violence would arise if only for survival/evolutionary purposes.

But maybe I'm dreaming too much. Anyways that's mankind, suck it up and try to cope with it's darker face while praising it's good side.