By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

unknown_soul89 said:
iHuGi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
the_lonely_gamer_123 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Michael-5 said:

The fact of the matter is PS3's recent burst of popularity was due to the PS3 Slim, not a price cut, not the games, not the fact that blu-ray is more popular. Now that the 360S has launched in Americas, and is a showing a stronger sales rate then the PS3 Slim had, the 360 will not only regain it's initial sales lead, but it will re-establish it's peak sales lead of 8.5 million, and will re-take the European and Other reagions.

This just in:  Sales of a console have nothing to do with price, software, or features.  It's all about the shape and size of the box!

haha. Michael-5, do you honestly expect the peak lead to re-establish? I don't think the PS3 will get the 5 million sales it needs to outsell the 360, but this is obviously a short stretch of good sales sparked by discounted and discontinued 360 sales and a modest sales boost provoked by a redesigned console. Those discontinued console sales will soon elude the big M no doubt about it.

If the 360 didn't have a year head start the ps3 would already have outsold it, if you take away the 360s sales of the last year ps3 is way ahead, it's a small miracle the 360 was able to even keep it's lead with it's fallrate and lack of decent exclusives MS really downplayed the fallrate and managed to make people think multiplats were exclusive the 360 does not sell on merit 

i didnt even know if i should quote this fanbou post u make...

Mass Effect 2 , Alan Wake , Forza MotorSport 3 , Conviction. U think no decent exclusives ?? Left for Dead 2 , Fable 2... All moved Consoles for sure and u say no decent exclusives... Plus its all business no ONE cares... maybe if Xbox1 had start earlier than Ps2 it should be now at 150M and Ps2 at 24M ?? Lol No one knoes that no one will ever know the only thing i know is that THE GAP IS INCREASING 5.4M and counting. i dont care if came sout earlier or after... Ps3 is losing and enough said! Wii came out in 2006 and its leading the way.

ME2 isn't an exclusive it's lead isn't even 360 it's PC same with L4D2, conviction on is PC and also third party kinda surprised they haven't ported it to ps3 yet, has it been out for a year yet? Forza even if I considered it a good exclusive ps3 has GT5 and there are multiplats that all almost identical certainly doesn't make the 360 stand out so whats left, Alan Wake and Fable and thats it 

Even if you take the sales of the ps3 and take away the last two years of sales the ps2 still has more sold then xbox, and I think you need to take a look at the shipped numbers it's 3.4 (even when using 360s shipped numbers which is the only fair comparison) and again if you take away the 360s last year sales the ps3 is ahead

Halo ODST , Halo Reach , Fable 3 , Gears of War 2 (2008) and Gears of War 3 , KingDoms , Forza 4 , CrackDown 2 , possibily Alan Wake , ME3... ME3 and L4D maybe be on Pc but they moved 360´s for sure. Plus they are better games than what u find on Ps3 both online and Single Player... L4D has co-op like no OTHER GAME on Ps3... Mass Effect 2 well play the game and u will see... the only game on ps3 that can match ME2 is uncharted 2 and not even that... UC2 is more for Gears than Mass Effect 2 because ME2 blow it away.

Now with all those games coming out and also unnanounced games why would the 360 slow down this year or even next ?

Around the Network
iHuGi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
iHuGi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Michael-5 said:

The fact of the matter is PS3's recent burst of popularity was due to the PS3 Slim, not a price cut, not the games, not the fact that blu-ray is more popular. Now that the 360S has launched in Americas, and is a showing a stronger sales rate then the PS3 Slim had, the 360 will not only regain it's initial sales lead, but it will re-establish it's peak sales lead of 8.5 million, and will re-take the European and Other reagions.

This just in:  Sales of a console have nothing to do with price, software, or features.  It's all about the shape and size of the box!

haha. Michael-5, do you honestly expect the peak lead to re-establish? I don't think the PS3 will get the 5 million sales it needs to outsell the 360, but this is obviously a short stretch of good sales sparked by discounted and discontinued 360 sales and a modest sales boost provoked by a redesigned console. Those discontinued console sales will soon elude the big M no doubt about it.

If the 360 didn't have a year head start the ps3 would already have outsold it, if you take away the 360s sales of the last year ps3 is way ahead, it's a small miracle the 360 was able to even keep it's lead with it's fallrate and lack of decent exclusives MS really downplayed the fallrate and managed to make people think multiplats were exclusive the 360 does not sell on merit 

i didnt even know if i should quote this fanbou post u make...

Mass Effect 2 , Alan Wake , Forza MotorSport 3 , Conviction. U think no decent exclusives ?? Left for Dead 2 , Fable 2... All moved Consoles for sure and u say no decent exclusives... Plus its all business no ONE cares... maybe if Xbox1 had start earlier than Ps2 it should be now at 150M and Ps2 at 24M ?? Lol No one knoes that no one will ever know the only thing i know is that THE GAP IS INCREASING 5.4M and counting. i dont care if came sout earlier or after... Ps3 is losing and enough said! Wii came out in 2006 and its leading the way.

ME2 isn't an exclusive it's lead isn't even 360 it's PC same with L4D2, conviction on is PC and also third party kinda surprised they haven't ported it to ps3 yet, has it been out for a year yet? Forza even if I considered it a good exclusive ps3 has GT5 and there are multiplats that all almost identical certainly doesn't make the 360 stand out so whats left, Alan Wake and Fable and thats it 

Even if you take the sales of the ps3 and take away the last two years of sales the ps2 still has more sold then xbox, and I think you need to take a look at the shipped numbers it's 3.4 (even when using 360s shipped numbers which is the only fair comparison) and again if you take away the 360s last year sales the ps3 is ahead

Halo ODST , Halo Reach , Fable 3 , Gears of War 2 (2008) and Gears of War 3 , KingDoms , Forza 4 , CrackDown 2 , possibily Alan Wake , ME3... ME3 and L4D maybe be on Pc but they moved 360´s for sure. Plus they are better games than what u find on Ps3 both online and Single Player... L4D has co-op like no OTHER GAME on Ps3... Mass Effect 2 well play the game and u will see... the only game on ps3 that can match ME2 is uncharted 2 and not even that... UC2 is more for Gears than Mass Effect 2 because ME2 blow it away.

lol wtf is kingdoms, and no they are not better games then you find on ps3, halo is pretty much just an average solid shooter with alot of hype, alan wake gameplay is mediocre at best and heavy rain beats the shit out of it in story, infamous beats crackdown, Uncharted beats gears of war, ME2 is a PC game first and doesn't have anything really comparable in the same genre, but Demon souls, God of war 3, Yakuza 3, LBP, 3D dot heroes are all on it's level assuming you like both the respective genres, frankly I played ME2 on PC and wasn't really blown away not even close, not that into shooters though so yeah pretty much the only reason your saying any of that is because you never played any ps3 games 

i have a Ps3 and i played alot of those games... Almost all my friends have Ps3 and we change games with other... hit me up at iHuGi on PSN.

iHuGi said:

i have a Ps3 and i played alot of those games... Almost all my friends have Ps3 and we change games with other... hit me up at iHuGi on PSN.

So what you just biased in favor of shooters? Because I've played those games and they aren't as good as the ps3 ones 

unknown_soul89 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Michael-5 said:

1st year sales for the 360 per VGC:  5.5 million

Current 360 lead over the PS3 per VGC:  5.4 million (though at times it was over 8 million).  

Seriously,your post is filled with so many inaccuracies and misrepresentation of facts that it didn't deserve to be responded to.  But sometimes it just needs to be done.

Let's do this:  don't downplay the success of the 360 and people won't downplay the success of the PS3.  See how that works?

Around the Network

Sony has a slim chance... hehehe, see what I did there

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Darth Tigris said:
unknown_soul89 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Michael-5 said:

Current 360 lead over the PS3 per VGC:  5.4 million (though at times it was over 8 million).  

Seriously,your post is filled with so many inaccuracies and misrepresentation of facts that it didn't deserve to be responded to.  But sometimes it just needs to be done.

Let's do this:  don't downplay the success of the 360 and people won't downplay the success of the PS3.  See how that works?

lol going by VGC why don't you just get a random number generator, and I said take away the last year not the first, over time consoles lower price have more time to advertise and come out with more games, the fairest assessment is comparing respective years on the market so have 360 from 2005-2009 and ps3 from 2006-2010, not to mention the fact that ps3 sells more on average per year  

I'm really enjoying Forza Racing 3 right now, and GT PSP.....so the only game I can say I'll be buying on my PS3 is GT5, can't wait for that.. but I doubt I'll be missing anything else.

why are xbox fanboys such idiots?  ok just listen to this, xbox was released in may 2005, and ps3 was released november 2006. so thats about 16-18 month difference in sales.  now given that xbox has sold 41 million and ps3 has sold 38 million (these are numbers from wikipedia not vgchartz) and you now how to do math you should be able to realize that it is an inevitability that ps3 will overtake xbox 360.  but if you cant do math ill lay it out for you.  you divide the 41 mill by the 5 years xbox has been selling (actually 5 years and 3 months or so) and get that on average it sells about 8.2 mill per year.  now divide the 38 mill by the 4 years ps3 has been selling (its actually 3 years and 9 months but again we will round for ease) and get that ps3 sells on average 9.5 mill per year.  but to be fair, if you said ps3 will never outsell xbox in america i would  be more likely to agree with you, but on a global scale ps3 should reach the xbox within 2 years.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

unknown_soul89 said:
Darth Tigris said:
unknown_soul89 said:

lol going by VGC why don't you just get a random number generator, and I said take away the last year not the first, over time consoles lower price have more time to advertise and come out with more games, the fairest assessment is comparing respective years on the market so have 360 from 2005-2009 and ps3 from 2006-2010, not to mention the fact that ps3 sells more on average per year  

But its not the fairest assessment.  We could go back and forth about what the fairest assessment is.  For instance, based on EXPECTATIONS, the PS3 was expected to blow away the 360 and Wii prior to launch.  People were calling it the Dreamcast 2.  And that makes sense, as the previous Playstation consoles were not only market leaders but DOMINATED with sales of over 100 million consoles each.  So wouldn't being fair include that the underdog 360 has impressed by not only outselling its predecessor immensely but by NOT giving up any lead to the 3rd console of the Playstation legacy?

That's why I stated what I stated before:  they are both selling good right now, so why take pot shots at them?  The PS3, as the 3rd place console, will shortly have sold better than any 2nd place console before it.  This gen has been an impressive feat overall.  As gamers, isn't that what we should be excited about?