By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart June 26th

Hyruken said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Hyruken said:

The problem with Japan is it's sales for this gens games overall have been pretty dissapointing. Japan has always been the weakest region for both GT and Halo so i would not expect that to change for either title.

Only one PS3 game has sold over 1m there (FFXIII) the rest are far far away from that. The next title is MGS4 on 700k. Only 7 games have sold above 500k in Japan this gen. So i think with GT5 it is hard to predict. GT4 only just sold 1m on PS2 there. If MGS4 couldn't break 1m i don't think GT5 will either. Personally i think GT5 will sell 3m in US, 4m in others and 1m in Japan. Reach will sell 7m in US, 3m in others and 100k in Japan.

GT is bigger than MGS in JAPAN

MGS4 also has alot lower userbase than GT5 will have this year

lmao you think HALO RWACH will sell 3m and GT5 only 4m

and about US sales if you think GT5 will sell 3m in US and HALO REACH 7m then why do you keep mentioning 4:1 pre-orders thing

As mentioned before which you seem to ignore, Halo 3 sold 3m in others making it the top selling exclusive game there this gen, in fact it is the 2nd top selling game there overall this gen. You can try and paint whatever picture you like but Halo is a big title there.

So i am not sure what you find funny, it has already sold that amount there with one Halo game this gen, why not this one?

halo is a big title but not as big as in USA and not bigger than the franchise that is GT in Europe

also COD the biggest thing atm and releasing only 1.5 months later and  follow-up sales which will drop near GT5 launch and COD launch

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:

The problem with Japan is it's sales for this gens games overall have been pretty dissapointing. Japan has always been the weakest region for both GT and Halo so i would not expect that to change for either title.

Only one PS3 game has sold over 1m there (FFXIII) the rest are far far away from that. The next title is MGS4 on 700k. Only 7 games have sold above 500k in Japan this gen. So i think with GT5 it is hard to predict. GT4 only just sold 1m on PS2 there. If MGS4 couldn't break 1m i don't think GT5 will either. Personally i think GT5 will sell 3m in US, 4m in others and 1m in Japan. Reach will sell 7m in US, 3m in others and 100k in Japan.

Someone didn't check his data, GT Prologue sold what MGS4 did in Japan and that's the best selling PS3 game after FFXIII. And that's the demo. The demo that outsold Halo 3 ODST almost 5:1 there.

These are the Japanese numbers http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Japan

Think you owe me an apology :)

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html these are the real numbers, including digital downloads, which aren't beeing tracked by VGChartz (as of March 2010) - 740 000 in Japan alone.

GT5 Prologue (demo) - 740 000 vs 190 000 - Halo 3 Halo 3 ODST

That's basicaly 4:1 ratio. So this time no apology :).

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Halo Reach pre-orders are rising and fast. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

aragod said:
Hyruken said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:

Someone didn't check his data, GT Prologue sold what MGS4 did in Japan and that's the best selling PS3 game after FFXIII. And that's the demo. The demo that outsold Halo 3 ODST almost 5:1 there.

These are the Japanese numbers http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Japan

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html these are the real numbers, including digital downloads, which aren't beeing tracked by VGChartz (as of March 2010) - 740 000 in Japan alone.

Interesting. They have Prologue at almost 5m units worldwide. Meaning VGC has under-tracked it by nearly 40%.

Think i will stick with VGC figures thanks :)

Hyruken said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:

Interesting. They have Prologue at almost 5m units worldwide. Meaning VGC has under-tracked it by nearly 40%.

Firstly, you trust VGC figures over a publisher's official figures?

Secondly, they're both correct, because that 40% comes from downloadable sales over PSN.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:

The actuall sales numbers are to scary now right? VGChartz doesn't track digital downloads and pretty much all of their numbers are either estimates, or even estimates of estimates.

So if you are going to believe someone, I'd personaly go with the development team themselves rather than estimated numbers which can't track large portion of given title's distribution routes, same as no actual hard data for every other region than NA and Japan.

In other words, if you choose VGChartz numbers even though they are not accurate over the accurate numbers from the developer themselves you fail big time and own me an apology.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Hyruken said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:

And there goes your credibility.

I hate to be rude, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out that VGC figures aren't including downloads. And honestly, I think you know that, but are just grasping at straws, because your narrow mind can't stomach such numbers.

Seriously, just stop trying. I've ignored your fallacious logic before, but this is just ridiculous.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Hyruken said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

HALO is a bit slow,should take off in august 

GRAN TURISMO,MEDAL OF HONOUR,COD doing well

Not sure how you come to that conclusion...

Because Reach is tracking at almost identical rate as MW2 which as we all know is now the top selling 360 game.

And GT5 is tracking way below the top games this gen including Reach. GT5 is now at the 17th week mark. In it's 17th week Reach had 35k pre-orders. Meaning Reach was nearly x4 what GT5 got for their 17th weeks.

So i guess really it depends on what your definition of doing well is. On this forum we are lead to believe GT5 will beat Halo in sales, or at least be one of the bigger selling games this gen. Right now Reach has a 4:1 ratio over GT5.

In America....yea 4:1 sounds right.... This chart is america only.

"even a dead god still dreams"

restored_lost said:
Hyruken said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

HALO is a bit slow,should take off in august 

GRAN TURISMO,MEDAL OF HONOUR,COD doing well

Not sure how you come to that conclusion...

Because Reach is tracking at almost identical rate as MW2 which as we all know is now the top selling 360 game.

And GT5 is tracking way below the top games this gen including Reach. GT5 is now at the 17th week mark. In it's 17th week Reach had 35k pre-orders. Meaning Reach was nearly x4 what GT5 got for their 17th weeks.

So i guess really it depends on what your definition of doing well is. On this forum we are lead to believe GT5 will beat Halo in sales, or at least be one of the bigger selling games this gen. Right now Reach has a 4:1 ratio over GT5.

In America....yea 4:1 sounds right.... This chart is america only.

SO what is your prediction of HALO REACH sales and GT5 sales

GT5 vs Reach

again