By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart June 26th

Here's how I think Halo Reach and GT5 will sell in each region.

America-- Halo Reach will outsell GT5 2.3:1 / Others-- GT5 will outsell Halo Reach by 1.9:1 / Japan-- GT5 will outsell Halo Reach 13:1

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
yo_john117 said:
aragod said:
Hyruken said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

HALO is a bit slow,should take off in august 

GRAN TURISMO,MEDAL OF HONOUR,COD doing well

Not sure how you come to that conclusion...

Because Reach is tracking at almost identical rate as MW2 which as we all know is now the top selling 360 game.

And GT5 is tracking way below the top games this gen including Reach. GT5 is now at the 17th week mark. In it's 17th week Reach had 35k pre-orders. Meaning Reach was nearly x4 what GT5 got for their 17th weeks.

So i guess really it depends on what your definition of doing well is. On this forum we are lead to believe GT5 will beat Halo in sales, or at least be one of the bigger selling games this gen. Right now Reach has a 4:1 ratio over GT5.

Because US = world. When will you Americans learn that the world doesn't revolve around you? Noone ever claimed that GT5 will outsell Reach in US, maybe if you could fire guns while driving cars GT5 would have a chance... In Europe GT5 will crush Reach in the same ratio that Reach will have against GT in US, or even better and Japan is a no contest territory. Got it now?

GT5 would have to sell about 12 million in others alone to quadruple what Halo Reach is gonna sell, and that is not happening.  Got it?

so you think HALO REACH in US will outsell GT5 4:1 as thats what he was replying to as HALO REACH will outsell GT5 the same way GT5 will ousell HALO REACH

and 4:1 only came up because of the preorders atm in USA

No I don't think Halo Reach will outsell GT5 4:1 in America.

It's quite possible. I doubt it though. lol

so you think HALO REACH will sell 8M in USA with

COD BLACK OPS coming after a huge MW2 increasing its popularity even more

with GT5 coming and only selling 2m

not quite possible

yo_john117 said:

Here's how I think Halo Reach and GT5 will sell in each region.

America-- Halo Reach will outsell GT5 2.3:1 / Others-- GT5 will outsell Halo Reach by 1.9:1 / Japan-- GT5 will outsell Halo Reach 13:1

thats quite good

The problem with Japan is it's sales for this gens games overall have been pretty dissapointing. Japan has always been the weakest region for both GT and Halo so i would not expect that to change for either title.

Only one PS3 game has sold over 1m there (FFXIII) the rest are far far away from that. The next title is MGS4 on 700k. Only 7 games have sold above 500k in Japan this gen. So i think with GT5 it is hard to predict. GT4 only just sold 1m on PS2 there. If MGS4 couldn't break 1m i don't think GT5 will either. Personally i think GT5 will sell 3m in US, 4m in others and 1m in Japan. Reach will sell 7m in US, 3m in others and 100k in Japan.

LOL @ Max Payne 3 getting minus pre-orders on both PS3 and 360 LOL

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

The problem with Japan is it's sales for this gens games overall have been pretty dissapointing. Japan has always been the weakest region for both GT and Halo so i would not expect that to change for either title.

Only one PS3 game has sold over 1m there (FFXIII) the rest are far far away from that. The next title is MGS4 on 700k. Only 7 games have sold above 500k in Japan this gen. So i think with GT5 it is hard to predict. GT4 only just sold 1m on PS2 there. If MGS4 couldn't break 1m i don't think GT5 will either. Personally i think GT5 will sell 3m in US, 4m in others and 1m in Japan. Reach will sell 7m in US, 3m in others and 100k in Japan.

GT is bigger than MGS in JAPAN

MGS4 also has alot lower userbase than GT5 will have this year

lmao you think HALO RWACH will sell 3m and GT5 only 4m

and about US sales if you think GT5 will sell 3m in US and HALO REACH 7m then why do you keep mentioning 4:1 pre-orders thing

Squall_Leonhart said:

LOL @ Max Payne 3 getting minus pre-orders on both PS3 and 360 LOL

it will be as its releas date wasn't announced at E3 so people don't expect it to release this year

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Hyruken said:

GT is bigger than MGS in JAPAN

MGS4 also has alot lower userbase than GT5 will have this year

lmao you think HALO RWACH will sell 3m and GT5 only 4m

and about US sales if you think GT5 will sell 3m in US and HALO REACH 7m then why do you keep mentioning 4:1 pre-orders thing

As mentioned before which you seem to ignore, Halo 3 sold 3m in others making it the top selling exclusive game there this gen, in fact it is the 2nd top selling game there overall this gen. You can try and paint whatever picture you like but Halo is a big title there.

So i am not sure what you find funny, it has already sold that amount there with one Halo game this gen, why not this one?

Hyruken said:

Someone didn't check his data, GT Prologue sold what MGS4 did in Japan and that's the best selling PS3 game after FFXIII. And that's the demo. The demo that outsold Halo 3 ODST almost 5:1 there.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

aragod said:
Hyruken said:

Someone didn't check his data, GT Prologue sold what MGS4 did in Japan and that's the best selling PS3 game after FFXIII. And that's the demo. The demo that outsold Halo 3 ODST almost 5:1 there.

These are the Japanese numbers http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Japan

Think you owe me an apology :)