By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim Lauch Vs Xbox 360 s Launch!

DirtyP2002 said:

PS3 saw a pricecut and the slim released not during the summer. The slowest time of the year. And the PS3 slim was MUCH more expected than the Xbox 360 slim. People did not buy much PS3s before the launch of the slim, because they knew what was going to happen. That is why the PS3 slim saw a bigger launch. I am surprised that the 360 slimm still sells better in NA.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha for the comment <I AM SURPRISED SLIM STILL SELLS BETTER IN NA> 360 always had NA even previous fall there were some weeks after ps3 slim launch that 360 was winning so this is SO expected , but look at japan even with Monster Hunter Online combined 360 didn 't even managed to top 20k and second week went to 7k you just want to think how huge is the difference between ps3 slim launch and 360 slim launch in japan and just wait for europe numbers of the 360 slim  and in a month when the sales will be sustained the difference will not be the same

Around the Network

@selnor

well

the 360 slim did well in the U.S. and Others

but....

the 360 slim was a total failure in Japan

according to the Japan preview this week, the 360 will be at pre-slim hardware numbers sold

remember that last year before the PS3 slim came out, the PS3 sold around 8-10k per week.  Then after the PS3 slim came out, it permanently increased weekly PS3 hardware sales to at least 17-22k every week, which is where it stands to this day.  The 360 slim is already back down to pre-360 slim hardware numbers sold per week in just a few weeks after the 360 slim was released in Japan

so the 360 slim had zero effect in Japan, it was a total failure

In fact I think the increase in 360 hardware in Japan to 17k for the opening week was more a result of the release of MH than the slim, so a total fail.

of course the PS3 slim had the price drop too when it released, so that's definately a factor.

Well? update?

EU PS3 = 265k

EU Xbox360=198k

Japan ps3 = 152k

Japan xbox = 17k

NA already there.

I demand updating of the first post with fresh data.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

I wonder how the 360S would have done if the PS3 had a price cut Like the 360 Did in 2009 when PS3 went Slim.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

Good week for X360. But i still think that with the time the things will normalize.

Ping_ii said:

Well? update?

EU PS3 = 265k

EU Xbox360=198k

Japan ps3 = 152k

Japan xbox = 17k

NA already there.

so ps3 wins by my calcualtions then lol because i combined the x360s sales from each respective release week

160,599 NA X360s release
17, 604 Japan release
198,071 EMEAA release

ADD THEM UP AND YOU ONLY GET 376274 UNITS, so ps3 did win with over 500k units sold last year

PS3 Slim sold more at launch, by quite a bit. Make your own conclusions from:

- PS3 Slim had less features than the original PS3

- PS3 Slim had a longer expectation time in the US

- PS3 Slim had a 25% price cut

- PS3 Slim remained more expensive, by quite a bit on avg WW

- Both released in slow enough periods

- 360 had popular clearance sales

- 360s had no price cut

- 360s is better than the older 360

Attoyou said:

I wonder how the 360S would have done if the PS3 had a price cut Like the 360 Did in 2009 when PS3 went Slim.

you cant really compare as the ps3 also had a heavy price cut (at least in aus) from 699 to 499 here

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752