By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim Lauch Vs Xbox 360 s Launch!

M.U.G.E.N said:

:D man this thread is gonna be even better than the AW best gfx thread...posted to keep track in the future, GL Selnor

What are you wishing me luck on? 

I havent stated anything in this thread. 

The thread you should wish me luck on is the thread I make for Kinect release.:)

It will be a gap thread to PS3 and monitoring just how huge it becomes.

Around the Network
selnor said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

:D man this thread is gonna be even better than the AW best gfx thread...posted to keep track in the future, GL Selnor

What are you wishing me luck on? 

I havent stated anything in this thread. 

The thread you should wish me luck on is the thread I make for Kinect release.:)

It will be a gap thread to PS3 and monitoring just how huge it becomes.

No I think you get it wrong...when you keep doing this comparison, and IF PS3 Slim actually outshines the 360s considerably, you won't hear the end of it...just saying, it's a hunch ;) however i hope it doesn't happen tho sincerely

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

selnor said:

1. How do you know I want be continuing this?

2. Logic at no time have I said this is a straight comparison. Hence the discuss part at the end of the OP?

3. IMO it's impossible to say 1 against the other. 

4. Ive simply defended my decision to keep August 25th for US PS3 Slim numbers. I have not said what is or isnt a better launch. Thats for you guys to discuss. But I wont change the date because for all we know it could be 800 stores that broke the deadline. Noone really knows how many, so with that it's completely unfair to not include August 25th for America. 

5. Continue to discuss all the variables without everyone posting butthurt comments about dates. 

I will continue to monitor the weeks to come for everyone as well. 

Come on pal, its obvious by your little disclaimers your insinuating somehow its better for the 360.

You went out of your way to say the entry price remained the same for the 360 during PS3 slim as a reason to show that the bump in 360 sales last year wasnt due to the price drop of the elite.

You conveniently didnt mention the $50 price drop coinciding with the slim launch on existing SKU's. Coupled with no way to track either existing or new sales for either launch makes the actual "slim" launch irrelavent since se dont know where the bulk of sales came from in either case.

If you had no motive and or purpose to this thread other than to track things, youd have foregone your bias "disclaimers" which leave out info and seem to put emphasis on other info that suits you wet dream of 360 > PS3

You want to learn how to do a tracking trends thread? Post numbers, and maybe put "Ill keep this thread a live for a few months to see where things end up" Ya know, something impartial? 

The only thing sillier than your OP is the fact you get called on your half truths and ommision of variables to suit your wet dream and then throw your hands up all surprised like youre innocent.

I guess i cant blame you for not listing all the differences and circumstances surrounding both launches since it would take up a good chunk of info and by the end we would all be saying, WTF how can we even compare these things.

steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:

1. How do you know I want be continuing this?

2. Logic at no time have I said this is a straight comparison. Hence the discuss part at the end of the OP?

3. IMO it's impossible to say 1 against the other. 

4. Ive simply defended my decision to keep August 25th for US PS3 Slim numbers. I have not said what is or isnt a better launch. Thats for you guys to discuss. But I wont change the date because for all we know it could be 800 stores that broke the deadline. Noone really knows how many, so with that it's completely unfair to not include August 25th for America. 

5. Continue to discuss all the variables without everyone posting butthurt comments about dates. 

I will continue to monitor the weeks to come for everyone as well. 

Come on pal, its obvious by your little disclaimers your insinuating somehow its better for the 360.

You went out of your way to say the entry price remained the same for the 360 during PS3 slim as a reason to show that the bump in 360 sales last year wasnt due to the price drop of the elite.

You conveniently didnt mention the $50 price drop coinciding with the slim launch on existing SKU's. Coupled with no way to track either existing or new sales for either launch makes the actual "slim" launch irrelavent since se dont know where the bulk of sales came from in either case.

If you had no motive and or purpose to this thread other than to track things, youd have foregone your bias "disclaimers" which leave out info and seem to put emphasis on other info that suits you wet dream of 360 > PS3

You want to learn how to do a tracking trends thread? Post numbers, and maybe put "Ill keep this thread a live for a few months to see where things end up" Ya know, something impartial? 

The only thing sillier than your OP is the fact you get called on your half truths and ommision of variables to suit your wet dream and then throw your hands up all surprised like youre innocent.

I guess i cant blame you for not listing all the differences and circumstances surrounding both launches since it would take up a good chunk of info and by the end we would all be saying, WTF how can we even compare these things.

What?

Ok. Both PS3 and 360 had old stock price cuts. And we had old PS3's available in UK for 2 months after. Yet I didnt mention that. 

I mentioned that the actual new PS3 got a price cut. The actual new 360s didnt. So if I mention all factors it kinda looks just as bad for Sony. So how am I choosing.

You making there appear a motive is pure immatureness on your behalf. Exactly the sort of thing world leaders cling to when in the House of Commons. 

Have tantrum and say what you will, I dont have time for people with exceedingly poor conspiracies.

selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:

What?

Ok. Both PS3 and 360 had old stock price cuts. And we had old PS3's available in UK for 2 months after. Yet I didnt mention that. 

I mentioned that the actual new PS3 got a price cut. The actual new 360s didnt. So if I mention all factors it kinda looks just as bad for Sony. So how am I choosing.

You making there appear a motive is pure immatureness on your behalf. Exactly the sort of thing world leaders cling to when in the House of Commons. 

Have tantrum and say what you will, I dont have time for people with exceedingly poor conspiracies.

I thought you keep screaming this is just america? Whats UK have to do with it.

It doesnt matter if th enew PS3 got a price cut and the new 360 didnt. This site tracks xbox 360 sales and doesnt distinguish between SKU's thus th efact that the majoprity of consoles available were cut in price by $50 is a pretty significant omission when comparing sales of a console wouldnt you say?

I dont think immatureness is a word.

Selnor, youre a diehard MSFT guy, we all accept that, at least emrace and it and drop the charade. Youd do well as an anchor for Fox News.

Im just saying, weve got a $50 price cut and a drop in 360 entry price to $150, the entry price for PS3 at the time of its launch was $299. We have no way to track SKU sales in either instance. Im not sure if the Fathers day sales at walmart were accounted for or if thats coming this week, so i cant say thats up there.

Id say comparing them week 1 to week 1 is pretty ludicrous, thats why i said maybe you should eliminate your disclaimers trying to make it look more impressive for the 360, maybe say youll be updating it for a a couple months and make it a poll or something so we can all have fun debating what we think will happen over the next couple months......

Please, at least spare us all the charade of you trying to act like your OP isnt trying to paint this in a wonderful successful light for MSFT, dont think we are all stupid its rather insulting.

If youre going to go out of your way to point out the entry level price last year didnt change how could you somehow magically forget this year the entry price droped $50 this week as well? I know why you "forgot" you know why you "forgot" and my cat knows why you "forgot" and shes a cat who hunts stationary objects.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:

What?

I thought you keep screaming this is just america? Whats UK have to do with it.

It doesnt matter if th enew PS3 got a price cut and the new 360 didnt. This site tracks xbox 360 sales and doesnt distinguish between SKU's thus th efact that the majoprity of consoles available were cut in price by $50 is a pretty significant omission when comparing sales of a console wouldnt you say?

I dont think immatureness is a word.

Selnor, youre a diehard MSFT guy, we all accept that, at least emrace and it and drop the charade. Youd do well as an anchor for Fox News.

Im just saying, weve got a $50 price cut and a drop in 360 entry price to $150, the entry price for PS3 at the time of its launch was $299. We have no way to track SKU sales in either instance. Im not sure if the Fathers day sales at walmart were accounted for or if thats coming this week, so i cant say thats up there.

Id say comparing them week 1 to week 1 is pretty ludicrous, thats why i said maybe you should eliminate your disclaimers trying to make it look more impressive for the 360, maybe say youll be updating it for a a couple months and make it a poll or something so we can all have fun debating what we think will happen over the next couple months......

Please, at least spare us all the charade of you trying to act like your OP isnt trying to paint this in a wonderful successful light for MSFT, dont think we are all stupid its rather insulting.

If youre going to go out of your way to point out the entry level price last year didnt change how could you somehow magically forget this year the entry price droped $50 this week as well? I know why you "forgot" you know why you "forgot" and my cat knows why you "forgot" and shes a cat who hunts stationary objects.

If I was to make a hail M$ thread, it wouldnt be now. Wait till Kinect for that. ;)

LOL. No need for such pleasentries. I didnt forget anything. Lets leave it as :

You think I'm lying. I'm cool with that. Because you dont know me. I have no need to be viewed as cool on here or anything. I have no need to feel like I'm above you or anyone else. 

So lets just leave it as you say I'm lying. 

:)

selnor said:

If I was to make a hail M$ thread, it wouldnt be now. Wait till Kinect for that. ;)

You think I'm lying. I'm cool with that. Because you dont know me. I have no need to be viewed as cool on here or anything. I have no need to feel like I'm above you or anyone else. 

Haha, Slenor youre entertaining when you just accept your bias like the bolded, your eposts are always fun to read and i think you just need to embrace your role in this community as the ultimate MSFT spokesperson.

I dont think youre lying because nothing you said in the OP is untrue, but its still curious why you continue to ignore the fact there was indeed a $50 drop in price to enter the world of xbox 360 :) 

steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:

Haha, Slenor youre entertaining when you just accept your bias like the bolded, your eposts are always fun to read and i think you just need to embrace your role in this community as the ultimate MSFT spokesperson.

I dont think youre lying because nothing you said in the OP is untrue, but its still curious why you continue to ignore the fact there was indeed a $50 drop in price to enter the world of xbox 360 :) 

Of course I acknowledge the sell through price cuts. It happened on both sides. I was trying to keep the OP completely about the new models on both sides. 

And I know there is no point hiding what your fave is. Obviously mine is 360. :) 

To many people try to pretend to be on the fence. :)

selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:

Of course I acknowledge the sell through price cuts. It happened on both sides. I was trying to keep the OP completely about the new models on both sides. 

And I know there is no point hiding what your fave is. Obviously mine is 360. :) 

So you feel like comparing $150 $250 and $300 SKU's available during the launch of the 360s is comparable to $299 and $399 prices of the PS3 slim in terms of volume?

Hell if we could or were privy to info of the $299 PS3/360 SKU this would be great, but im not understanding how we can compare slim sales when we actually dont know them and theres such a disparity in prices for SKU's.

My point is the 360 had an amazing week in general. This isnt really about the slim its about all the SKU's. 

In reality what youre comparing is simply price cut sales, the PS3 when it got cut to $299 and the xbox when it was cut to $150.

steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:

So you feel like comparing $150 $250 and $300 SKU's available during the launch of the 360s is comparable to $299 and $399 prices of the PS3 slim in terms of volume?

Hell if we could or were privy to info of the $299 PS3/360 SKU this would be great, but im not understanding how we can compare slim sales when we actually dont know them and theres such a disparity in prices for SKU's.

My point is the 360 had an amazing week in general. This isnt really about the slim its about all the SKU's. 

In reality what youre comparing is simply price cut sales, the PS3 when it got cut to $299 and the xbox when it was cut to $150.

Thats pretty accurate. 

And the sorts of things that should be discussed. The OP was enough research as it was. Finding out if the PS3 phat sold for less than $299 after PS3 Slim was available is quite hard. I know here in the UK once PS3 Slim was available the PS3 Phat was £70 less than the PS3 Slim which was already a price cut on the original price.

For example. PS3 Slim released here for £249. The remaining PS3 phats were available at £170 in alot of places. Cause noone would buy a PS3 phat at £249 with a PS3 Slim next to it at £249. 

So those variables were left out of the OP for both sides.

But by all means discuss in the thread.