By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim Lauch Vs Xbox 360 s Launch!

selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:

If I was to make a hail M$ thread, it wouldnt be now. Wait till Kinect for that. ;)

LOL. No need for such pleasentries. I didnt forget anything. Lets leave it as :

You think I'm lying. I'm cool with that. Because you dont know me. I have no need to be viewed as cool on here or anything. I have no need to feel like I'm above you or anyone else. 

So lets just leave it as you say I'm lying. 

:)

Haha, Slenor youre entertaining when you just accept your bias like the bolded, your eposts are always fun to read and i think you just need to embrace your role in this community as the ultimate MSFT spokesperson.

I dont think youre lying because nothing you said in the OP is untrue, but its still curious why you continue to ignore the fact there was indeed a $50 drop in price to enter the world of xbox 360 :) 

Of course I acknowledge the sell through price cuts. It happened on both sides. I was trying to keep the OP completely about the new models on both sides. 

And I know there is no point hiding what your fave is. Obviously mine is 360. :) 

To many people try to pretend to be on the fence. :)

So you feel like comparing $150 $250 and $300 SKU's available during the launch of the 360s is comparable to $299 and $399 prices of the PS3 slim in terms of volume?

Hell if we could or were privy to info of the $299 PS3/360 SKU this would be great, but im not understanding how we can compare slim sales when we actually dont know them and theres such a disparity in prices for SKU's.

My point is the 360 had an amazing week in general. This isnt really about the slim its about all the SKU's. 

In reality what youre comparing is simply price cut sales, the PS3 when it got cut to $299 and the xbox when it was cut to $150.

Thats pretty accurate. 

And the sorts of things that should be discussed. The OP was enough research as it was. Finding out if the PS3 phat sold for less than $299 after PS3 Slim was available is quite hard. I know here in the UK once PS3 Slim was available the PS3 Phat was £70 less than the PS3 Slim which was already a price cut on the original price.

For example. PS3 Slim released here for £249. The remaining PS3 phats were available at £170 in alot of places. Cause noone would buy a PS3 phat at £249 with a PS3 Slim next to it at £249. 

So those variables were left out of the OP for both sides.

But by all means discuss in the thread.

But the $50 drop in entry level is official Selnor. 

You said in your OP the Elite dropping to $299 isnt significant since the entry price remained the same. One could then assume you feel entry level price is the most important factor in sales of consoles, not value or bang for your buck.

So based on that, you seem to omit the fact that this past week the 360 entry level price dropped $50 to an all time low for consoles this gen $150.

How can one type in one sentence entry level price is the key factor in sales, then not mention the drop this past week for the 360 and even type "no price cut but added features" When we all know SKU tracking is all encompassing for all units......including the $150 unit.

Selnor, just because youre not typing it doesnt make it not true.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:

If I was to make a hail M$ thread, it wouldnt be now. Wait till Kinect for that. ;)

LOL. No need for such pleasentries. I didnt forget anything. Lets leave it as :

You think I'm lying. I'm cool with that. Because you dont know me. I have no need to be viewed as cool on here or anything. I have no need to feel like I'm above you or anyone else. 

So lets just leave it as you say I'm lying. 

:)

Haha, Slenor youre entertaining when you just accept your bias like the bolded, your eposts are always fun to read and i think you just need to embrace your role in this community as the ultimate MSFT spokesperson.

I dont think youre lying because nothing you said in the OP is untrue, but its still curious why you continue to ignore the fact there was indeed a $50 drop in price to enter the world of xbox 360 :) 

Of course I acknowledge the sell through price cuts. It happened on both sides. I was trying to keep the OP completely about the new models on both sides. 

And I know there is no point hiding what your fave is. Obviously mine is 360. :) 

To many people try to pretend to be on the fence. :)

So you feel like comparing $150 $250 and $300 SKU's available during the launch of the 360s is comparable to $299 and $399 prices of the PS3 slim in terms of volume?

Hell if we could or were privy to info of the $299 PS3/360 SKU this would be great, but im not understanding how we can compare slim sales when we actually dont know them and theres such a disparity in prices for SKU's.

My point is the 360 had an amazing week in general. This isnt really about the slim its about all the SKU's. 

In reality what youre comparing is simply price cut sales, the PS3 when it got cut to $299 and the xbox when it was cut to $150.

Thats pretty accurate. 

And the sorts of things that should be discussed. The OP was enough research as it was. Finding out if the PS3 phat sold for less than $299 after PS3 Slim was available is quite hard. I know here in the UK once PS3 Slim was available the PS3 Phat was £70 less than the PS3 Slim which was already a price cut on the original price.

For example. PS3 Slim released here for £249. The remaining PS3 phats were available at £170 in alot of places. Cause noone would buy a PS3 phat at £249 with a PS3 Slim next to it at £249. 

So those variables were left out of the OP for both sides.

But by all means discuss in the thread.

But the $50 drop in entry level is official Selnor. 

You said in your OP the Elite dropping to $299 isnt significant since the entry price remained the same. One could then assume you feel entry level price is the most important factor in sales of consoles, not value or bang for your buck.

So based on that, you seem to omit the fact that this past week the 360 entry level price dropped $50 to an all time low for consoles this gen $150.

How can one type in one sentence entry level price is the key factor in sales, then not mention the drop this past week for the 360 and even type "no price cut but added features" When we all know SKU tracking is all encompassing for all units......including the $150 unit.

Selnor, just because youre not typing it doesnt make it not true.

I didnt say the entry price for PS3. I said PS3 dropped in price. $299. I didnt say anything about the further price cut of the remaining PS3 phats which were available as low as $249 while PS3 Slim was around.

selnor said:

I didnt say the entry price for PS3. I said PS3 dropped in price. $299. I didnt say anything about the further price cut of the remaining PS3 phats which were available as low as $249 while PS3 Slim was around.

Wow you still just wont type that MSFT official dropped the entry price of the 360 to $150 and that could be a factor in increased sales, will you?

steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:

Wow you still just wont type that MSFT official dropped the entry price of the 360 to $150 and that could be a factor in increased sales, will you?

I said you were correct 2 posts back. I believe I said you were accurate.

To make you happy I will officially write it here.

Breaking news: 

Microsoft released a new 360s console to the market at $299. 

To get rid of the existing skus which Microsoft have stopped developing, they have dropped the price to sell them through. As such you can buy remaining Arcade units at $149, Elites at $200 and have a very merry Xbox time. 

Then you can trade them in for money off your 360s.

Also in other news. You will have to wait for 360s to be back in stock, as we have pretty much sold all our existing stock in US of the new babies. 

;)

Yes there is cheek in there. :)

we all know that the 360 slim launch can't be compared to the PS3 slim launch...since the ps3 had a price cut with it... and because most of the Ps3 sales were from Japan.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

What's going to be interesting is how well the 360 sells when the arcade model is not being sold. An employee at gamestop told me 70% of the 360's sold in his shop are arcade models parents buy for there kids so will people still go for the 360 when the cheaper model is gone.

Also its worth mentioning that here in Europe The 360 slim is going to be 75 euros cheaper bundled with 2 games, selling at 225 euros, while the PS3 Slim is still at 299 euros bundled with no games. The arcade model is now on sale for 99 euros and the old Elite is on sale for 150 euros with 2 games bundled.

Also anyone remember when the PS3 Slim launched and all Xbox fanboys said its mostly people who own a fat model whos buying the slim, well everyone I'm seeing over the internet and on youtube who are doing unboxing videos and showing off the Slim already own a Xbox 360.

I think a sales comparison should be left until a month or so has passed because we'll have the proper data for the 2 systems by then

Selnor, are you denying that the 360 price was cut to 150$ for the arcade and 249$ elite ?

selnor said:
iWarMachine said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
realill said:

PS3  Slim sold 0.5m units week one WW. I do not think 360S will be able to beat it.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/5105/ps3-slim-sells-over-500000-units-worldwide-in-the-first-week/

Actually, 600k with adjustments.

yeah...are we crazy? the ps3 sold 500k its first week if i'm not wrong...

in america the week the big retailers break the launch date, the ps3 sold 100k....the europe week, it sold 250k! and in japan it sold 150k! if america should be the biggest peak for the 360, Selnor, you can't expect it to outsell the Slim launch..... let's not forget that the day the PS3Slim launched, the 360 had a elite price cut, a arcade price cut in europe and several bundles...

There was no Arcade price cut in Europe. The 360 hasnt dropped in price in EU ( where I live ) for over a year.

Guess all those temporary price cuts (some even got lengthened until after the holidays) don't count :)

iWarMachine said:

we all know that the 360 slim launch can't be compared to the PS3 slim launch...since the ps3 had a price cut with it... and because most of the Ps3 sales were from Japan.

I'm not sure what your saying, are you saying Japanese sales don't count?

360 = 129,325 americas 1st week

360 = 169,052 Americas 2nd week.

PS3 Slim = 105,931 Americas 1st week

PS3 Slim = 164,166 Americas 2nd week

PS3 Slim = 112,881 Americas 3rd week.