By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MMA Fedor Emelianenko Loses!

Just saw the weigh-ins on sherdog.......Carwin came out first, looks a bit flabbier than normal.  Normally, carwin is very muscular looks almost like a ripped running back or something but he had some flab around his gut that you didnt see against mir.  

Brock looked great I couldn't really tell that he lost part of his intestine, he didn't come out any smaller than usual, didn't have a scar, and actually looks to be in better shape than normal, looks just as big as he always has been but leaner.   Sounds great.   Brock also has more of that confident, alphamalesque kind of attitude during the weigh-ins. The question of whether brock is back to his old self has been answered.    

I know that hus is going to want to watch the weigh-ins b/c he's really wanting to see these monsters go at it. 

The lesnar and carwin weigh-ins are at 19:30 of the video that i'm giving a link to.  

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Video-UFC-116-Weigh-ins-25383

Around the Network

Lesnar did not have a surgery in the end, i think they treated him pharmacoligically

Oh shame on Shane. you had the wwf can why blow your load like that and gas out.   

Hus said:
Darc Requiem said:

Well firstly, I'm glad Fedor lost. I'm tired of his and M1 Global's antics. Simply put, every promotion Fedor has fought has went out of business and the ridiculous financial concessions have to be part of it. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Brett Rogers fighting Overeem. That fight happened because a deal couldn't be arranged between Fedor and M1 Global for the fight date. It's a shame because it makes Strikeforce look like a second rate promotion for giving a guy a title shot off a loss.

In 2005, Fedor was by far the best fighter in the world but he's been fighting also rans in the past few years and I think that lead to his loss. When you are fighting the best you have to stay sharp, when you are fighting second tier guys you can get way with being sloppy. I honestly thought Overeem would be the one to end Fedor's streak. Overeem absolutely man handled Brett Rogers.

As for Lesnar vs. Carwin, it's going to most likely come down to one thing. Carwin's take down defense. If Carwin can stop Lesnar's take downs. Carwin wins. He's a far better striker than Brock. If can't stop Lesnar's take downs, Brock will GNP until the ref stops it. Either way, this fighting isn't going five rounds. It will be interesting, especially after Lesnar's long lay off due to nearly dying.

UFC has given title shots to guy that have just lost.  Yes i do think they are second rate. 

Pride died due to the yakuza scandal.
Affliction died casue BArnett pissed hot and they lost their main event.. 

The only time I recall the UFC doing such is win the original challenger got hurt and couldn't fight. You are right about Pride, you are wrong about Affliction. Affliction went under because they paid all their fighters too much money.They built their promotion around Fedor. They overpaid him and then they overpaid second rate fighters to come and fight him. Tim Silvia got $800,000 for his loss to Fedor. Strikeforce is the only promotion that Fedor has fought for that isn't bankrupt.

As for the second rate, I said it makes Strikeforce look second rate. I didn't say there were second rate. Fedor and M1 Global left them in a bad position.

Great Event last night, UFC 116 was definately one of the best cards Zuffa has put out in recent times.

Brock showed amazing chin last nite, he took 57 punches from one of the most dominant heavy handed fighters in the UFC and not only survived but managed to finish the fight via submission (i dont think many people expected that). I thought that he lost it when Carwin unleashed his G n P on him. Very impressive 

Leben Akiyama was also a great fight, and props to crippler for delivering an amazing submission.

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:

Great Event last night, UFC 116 was definately one of the best cards Zuffa has put out in recent times.

Brock showed amazing chin last nite, he took 57 punches from one of the most dominant heavy handed fighters in the UFC and not only survived but managed to finish the fight via submission (i dont think many people expected that). I thought that he lost it when Carwin unleashed his G n P on him. Very impressive 

Leben Akiyama was also a great fight, and props to crippler for delivering an amazing submission.

Agreed, it was a fantastic night of fights from start to finish.

I really think Lesnar gained more respect and more believers based on how that fight went down than if he would have just man-handled Carwin like he has done to everyone else. People would still be questioning Brock's chin and his submissions. After last night Brock has cleared up any speculation regarding either. What a fucking chin on that guy. I can't ever remember a title fight where one guy took that many unanswered shots and came back to win. I was blown away. And what a nice submission. It was picture perfect how he passed guard and slipped the arm triangle on. Then when he felt it wasn't tight enough he adjusted his body position to really sink it in.

At this point, anyone hating on Brock is either mentally malnourished or is just a hater because he got a shot so fast based on his fame. Regardless, the man is proving with every fight that he is indeed a legitimate fighter.

Once Brock improves his standup game he will be unstoppable.

Cain will give him trouble but Brock will still win.

Booya!

Delighted Brock won.

He took one hell of a beating in round 1, I honestly thought he was going to get knocked out.

So Brock vs Velasquez next, but who will Carwin face? Someone coming off a loss?

Dallinor said:

Booya!

Delighted Brock won.

He took one hell of a beating in round 1, I honestly thought he was going to get knocked out.

So Brock vs Velasquez next, but who will Carwin face? Someone coming off a loss?

Probably the winner of Big Country and Jr. Dos Santos.

As for last night, the fights were great.  I am so glad to Lyte back in form kicking ass.  The Akiyama fight was fantastic, tho crazy in the end.  You saw that armbar attempt where Akiyama picked the Crippler up?  He was about to slam him on his head, but was warned by the ref not too (would have been DQ'd if he did).  I was also glad to see Stephen Bonar FINALLY put a good fight together when his opponent ISNT Forest!  Those two beat the shit out of one another. 

The main event was pretty damn good.  I was betting on a Carwin first round knock out and was almost right.  One thing you can say about Lesner, that dude can take a punch.  A man as big as Carwin needs to pace his punches when he is in that dominate of a position.  Him punching directly into blockers was just wasting so much energy.  If he was more patient, he would have had that round.  Hats off to Lesner tho, he took a hell of a beating and came back strong.  Never would have thought that shit would end with a submission. 

Yeah UFC 116 is the best PPV they've put on in years. Every fight was great. I mean even the preliminary fights had the goods. Did you guys see Harris knockout Branch via slam?