By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MMA Fedor Emelianenko Loses!

dallas said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rPnOjh6SWc

what a joke, hyping a fighter using wwf video.

0:51 of the video is the biggest bs i have ever read. 

Around the Network
Hus said:
dallas said:

Carwin's boxing is only better because he uses that more these days than his wrestling.  Now carwin started out as a wrestler but these quick-powerful wrestlers that primarily do wrestling (like randleman) never make it in the UFC so he switched to become a sprawl and brawl type of fighter that uses wrestling only defensively.  If brock can take him down, he'll win the fight I guarantee.             

Anyway, 20 lbs will be more than enough to give brock an edge.  Ever fought someone bigger?  It's hard, and it will be more than enough for brock to tire Carwin out and take carwin into the later rounds to hopefully punch him through the canvas.                                                                      

Randleman was ufc champ, how do you get of saying he did not make it.

And unliek all of you just talking iv actually  fought in the ring, and a les then 10% differancein weight means nothing.  Height and reach are far bigger advantages/disadvantages.   

Sorry, but randleman sucked.  He had a 17-15 record.  That isn't exactly good.......He's lost to light-heavyweights,  fighters like sakuraba that weighed 170 lbs (he'd be a welter-weight in the UFC), the list goes on I'm afraid. Most opponents fighting randleman realized that if they lasted longer than 3-4 minutes then they'd have a pretty good chance of winning.  Now randleman took a lot of roids and buffed up like crazy, he's been doing that since high school.  But too many roids and whatever kills your cardio which is  why randleman was never that big of a story.

And, Hus, weight matters a lot.  Look at all of the fighters that move up a weight class to fight somebody only 15lbs which actually is less than 10% with the UFC their min weight is 155; Now these fighters that move up and fight a larger opponent usually lose. 

Either way hus, enjoy the fight Saturday.

dallas said:

Sorry, but randleman sucked.  He had a 17-15 record.  That isn't exactly good.......He's lost to light-heavyweights,  fighters like sakuraba that weighed 170 lbs (he'd be a welter-weight in the UFC), the list goes on I'm afraid. Most opponents fighting randleman realized that if they lasted longer than 3-4 minutes then they'd have a pretty good chance of winning.  Now randleman took a lot of roids and buffed up like crazy, he's been doing that since high school.  But too many roids and whatever kills your cardio which is  why randleman was never that big of a story.

And, Hus, weight matters a lot.  Look at all of the fighters that move up a weight class to fight somebody only 15lbs which actually is less than 10% with the UFC their min weight is 155; Now these fighters that move up and fight a larger opponent usually lose. 

Rand was UFC champ cant change that, though i do agree being that is meaningless.

Sorry bud, when two guys are 250 260 pounds, 20lbs makes no differance.   when you are 100lbs and are jumping 20 then it affects the fight. 

Hus said:
dallas said:

Rand was UFC champ cant change that, though i do agree being that is meaningless.

Sorry bud, when two guys are 250 260 pounds, 20lbs makes no differance.   when you are 100lbs and are jumping 20 then it affects the fight. 

We'll see tomorow night then.

Regardless of who wins this fight is going to be crazy, but i still think that Brock will pervail, i do think that Velasquez  or Dos Santos are much more of a threat than Carwin.

Anyone watched the Countdown? Carwin is the most boring guy in the Universe, when he talks (especially when he discusses his fists) im falling asleep

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:

Regardless of who wins this fight is going to be crazy, but i still think that Brock will pervail, i do think that Velasquez  or Dos Santos are much more of a threat than Carwin.

Anyone watched the Countdown? Carwin is the most boring guy in the Universe, when he talks (especially when he discusses his fists) im falling asleep

It's going to be like 2 gorillas fighting to see who's king of the forrest.  Expect something out of a national geographic special

dallas said:
Lolcislaw said:

It's going to be like 2 gorillas fighting to see who's king of the forrest.  Expect something out of a national geographic special

Exactly ! This is the sort of fight i've been waiting for long time, im actually being consumed by the hype and im looking more forward to this fight then to Shogun (My absolute Favourite) Machida II.

Any thoughts on other fights on the card? Shame that Wanderlei is not fighting , its always awesome to watch him, he would have killed Akiyama. It will be interesting how Leben will perfrorm 2 weeks after his last fight.

Well firstly, I'm glad Fedor lost. I'm tired of his and M1 Global's antics. Simply put, every promotion Fedor has fought has went out of business and the ridiculous financial concessions have to be part of it. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Brett Rogers fighting Overeem. That fight happened because a deal couldn't be arranged between Fedor and M1 Global for the fight date. It's a shame because it makes Strikeforce look like a second rate promotion for giving a guy a title shot off a loss.

In 2005, Fedor was by far the best fighter in the world but he's been fighting also rans in the past few years and I think that lead to his loss. When you are fighting the best you have to stay sharp, when you are fighting second tier guys you can get way with being sloppy. I honestly thought Overeem would be the one to end Fedor's streak. Overeem absolutely man handled Brett Rogers.

As for Lesnar vs. Carwin, it's going to most likely come down to one thing. Carwin's take down defense. If Carwin can stop Lesnar's take downs. Carwin wins. He's a far better striker than Brock. If can't stop Lesnar's take downs, Brock will GNP until the ref stops it. Either way, this fighting isn't going five rounds. It will be interesting, especially after Lesnar's long lay off due to nearly dying.

Darc Requiem said:

Well firstly, I'm glad Fedor lost. I'm tired of his and M1 Global's antics. Simply put, every promotion Fedor has fought has went out of business and the ridiculous financial concessions have to be part of it. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Brett Rogers fighting Overeem. That fight happened because a deal couldn't be arranged between Fedor and M1 Global for the fight date. It's a shame because it makes Strikeforce look like a second rate promotion for giving a guy a title shot off a loss.

In 2005, Fedor was by far the best fighter in the world but he's been fighting also rans in the past few years and I think that lead to his loss. When you are fighting the best you have to stay sharp, when you are fighting second tier guys you can get way with being sloppy. I honestly thought Overeem would be the one to end Fedor's streak. Overeem absolutely man handled Brett Rogers.

As for Lesnar vs. Carwin, it's going to most likely come down to one thing. Carwin's take down defense. If Carwin can stop Lesnar's take downs. Carwin wins. He's a far better striker than Brock. If can't stop Lesnar's take downs, Brock will GNP until the ref stops it. Either way, this fighting isn't going five rounds. It will be interesting, especially after Lesnar's long lay off due to nearly dying.

UFC has given title shots to guy that have just lost.  Yes i do think they are second rate. 

Pride died due to the yakuza scandal.
Affliction died casue BArnett pissed hot and they lost their main event.. 

Whatever you think about the UFC, they are the best promotion out there at the moment, they have the best roster and they put out the most entertaining fights. Hatin on the UFC is kinda weird considering that they are pretty much carrying MMA forward.

Pride is not coming back...

But i do hope Strikeforce will continue to grow, competition is always good in every business/sport