By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MMA Fedor Emelianenko Loses!

Ssenkahdavic said:
Dallinor said:

So Frank Mir will get another shot at Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 119.

And Brock and Cain are set for UFC 121 in California.

Also Randy Couture fighting James Toney at UFC 118? I'm not sure how to feel about that one. Toney has even stated in one interview that he doesn't care about MMA fighting and is simply going to approach the fight as a boxer.

Both coming off a loss, I think its a make or break for Nog and Mir.  Both are great fighters and I would hate to see either go, but I think Nog is getting closer to the end of his career. 

Brock and Cain will be a good fight, but I really wanted to  see Cain and Carwin fight (with winner fighting Brock) as it was originally supposed to happen.

James Toney has said multiple times that he wants to knock out Randy and go back to prof boxing.  Why would Dana EVER want this for the sport?  If Randy wins its almost a given, if Toney wins and leaves then goodbye to whatever Career Randy has left.  This fight is almost as meaningless as Canseco wanting to fight Walker.

Some of the upcoming fights I am really looking forward too are Jr. Dos Santos - Big Country, Little Nog - Ryan Bater, Franky Edgars - BJ Penn 2, and Chris Lytle - Matt Serra.

Yup, I think this will make or break Nog for sure, 3 losses in his last 4 fights would look awful. Especially considering his fighting resume beforehand. It's a shame to see fighters like Nog, Cro Cop, Wanderlei and perhaps even Fedor now reaching past their prime.

As a big fan of Brock I'm very happy he's getting a chance to prove himself against both Carwin and Cain one after the other. He's already stopped 12 straight wins in a row for Carwin and he may well be the first to put a loss on cain's record, which will of course look great for his own.

Yeah im also looking forward to Jr. Dos Santos - Big Country, Chieck Kongo - Travis Browne, Silva- Sonnen and I always like to see Matt Hughes fight.

I really hope Sonnen can beat Silva (as unlikely as it is to happen) just to see him humbled after all the clowning around he's been doing.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Dallinor said:

So Frank Mir will get another shot at Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 119.

And Brock and Cain are set for UFC 121 in California.

Also Randy Couture fighting James Toney at UFC 118? I'm not sure how to feel about that one. Toney has even stated in one interview that he doesn't care about MMA fighting and is simply going to approach the fight as a boxer.

Both coming off a loss, I think its a make or break for Nog and Mir.  Both are great fighters and I would hate to see either go, but I think Nog is getting closer to the end of his career. 

Brock and Cain will be a good fight, but I really wanted to  see Cain and Carwin fight (with winner fighting Brock) as it was originally supposed to happen.

James Toney has said multiple times that he wants to knock out Randy and go back to prof boxing.  Why would Dana EVER want this for the sport?  If Randy wins its almost a given, if Toney wins and leaves then goodbye to whatever Career Randy has left.  This fight is almost as meaningless as Canseco wanting to fight Walker.

Some of the upcoming fights I am really looking forward too are Jr. Dos Santos - Big Country, Little Nog - Ryan Bater, Franky Edgars - BJ Penn 2, and Chris Lytle - Matt Serra.

Yup, I think this will make or break Nog for sure, 3 losses in his last 4 fights would look awful. Especially considering his fighting resume beforehand. It's a shame to see fighters like Nog, Cro Cop, Wanderlei and perhaps even Fedor now reaching past their prime.

As a big fan of Brock I'm very happy he's getting a chance to prove himself against both Carwin and Cain one after the other. He's already stopped 12 straight wins in a row for Carwin and he may well be the first to put a loss on cain's record, which will of course look great for his own.

Yeah im also looking forward to Jr. Dos Santos - Big Country, Chieck Kongo - Travis Browne, Silva- Sonnen and I always like to see Matt Hughes fight.

I really hope Sonnen can beat Silva (as unlikely as it is to happen) just to see him humbled after all the clowning around he's been doing.

Most of those Pride heavy hitters just have not looked the same since coming over to the UFC.  Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Nog, Fedor, Rampage and the list goes on, have not looked anything like their old selves.  I cannot believe these guys go into a fight and gas.  It makes no sense.  In Pride you had to keep the tempo up (or get carded and after 2 start losing prize money), had a 10 minute first round (followed by 2 5 minutes) and potentially fought guys a hell of a lot bigger than you.  

I am not a big fan of Brock.  It has nothing to do with his attitude, his language or anything else, it is just how he got the title.  I think it was to quick.  I am not saying he does not deserve it and really this is not his fault (it is Dana and Joe Silva's fault) but I do wish he had just come into the UFC after winning maybe 5 fights.

Yes, seeing Matt Hughes fight again will be awesome.  I am also looking forward to who is next in line to kick Tito's sorry ass.  

I saw Anderson lose to the most amazing submission I have ever seen.  Was in Pride Shockwave in 2004, via a flying heel hook.  Even Baus Rutten could not believe it (and he is awesome).  I do hope someone humbles Anderson, or at least have Sonnen FORCE Anderson to finish him (probably via submission)

PRIDE stars in the UFC are simply getting older , sport is growing more talented younger guys are coming in it is natural that there is bound to be a generational transition. I still hope Cro Cop gets to win a big fight in the UFC.

Nogueira and Mir looks like a interesting fight and i do want Big Nog to win ,im not a fan of Mir i think that dude is so overrated plus he mentally burns before the big fights, with Brock getting into his head. However im not sure how good nogueira is at the moment, he got destroyed by velasquez.

I agree Brock got his title shot too quickly, but thats marketing for you. Since then he proved to be a extremely dominant champion, and i hope his performance against Carwin proved to people that he is a beast. (I havent seen anyone pounded so badly ,and winning the fight)

Sonnen i hope he grinds Anderson down, but i reckon it will be impossible to avoid getting Ko'd for 5 rounds. I do enjoy his trash talking tho.

Dont hate on TITO that boy is a legend!