By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MMA Fedor Emelianenko Loses!

Ssenkahdavic said:
Dallinor said:

I doubt there will be a rematch between the two immediately. Fabricio gets a shot at Overeem for the title now and Fedor has only one fight left on his contract I believe. So he might wait until after their bout and face the champion, but more likely I think, he'll face a different opponent, then get a shot at the title. Coming off of a loss, you don't usually get title shots.

Unless of course fabricio losses to Overeem, then a rematch could take place.

Yet they gave Brett Rogers a title shot RIGHT AFTER his loss to Fedor.

I doubt they will wait.  Who else do they have in the Heavy Weight division to fight Fedor?  His contract is for a certain number of fights over a certain amount of time (not sure how long it is, but I know its getting close).  He already had a pretty big layover since his fight with Rogers, so I think they will jump on the rematch quickly.  

Either a rematch with Werdum or a fight with Antonio Silva, who's now a Top10 Heavyweight. If Fedor wins the next fight, then it's the title fight.

Around the Network
shio said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Dallinor said:

I doubt there will be a rematch between the two immediately. Fabricio gets a shot at Overeem for the title now and Fedor has only one fight left on his contract I believe. So he might wait until after their bout and face the champion, but more likely I think, he'll face a different opponent, then get a shot at the title. Coming off of a loss, you don't usually get title shots.

Unless of course fabricio losses to Overeem, then a rematch could take place.

Yet they gave Brett Rogers a title shot RIGHT AFTER his loss to Fedor.

I doubt they will wait.  Who else do they have in the Heavy Weight division to fight Fedor?  His contract is for a certain number of fights over a certain amount of time (not sure how long it is, but I know its getting close).  He already had a pretty big layover since his fight with Rogers, so I think they will jump on the rematch quickly.  

Either a rematch with Werdum or a fight with Antonio Silva, who's now a Top10 Heavyweight. If Fedor wins the next fight, then it's the title fight.

If Fedor and M1 decide to re-sign the contract (maybe just go fight for fight this time?)  I am really glad that Fedor lost on a Showtime only broadcast.  Strikeforce and other promotions are good for MMA and it would have been unfortunately if that happened on CBS right after the big brawl last Broadcast.  

That is how EliteXC died (Biggest named fighter losing on broadcast TV = death), tho the fact that Slice lost to Seth (a guy who was AWFUL on TUF reality show) did not help matters.  

Anyone else want to see a return of Pride Yellow Cards?  I DO!  Make the damn fighters work if they want to get paid!  Best way to motivate someone, is take away their paycheck.

Hus said:
Dallinor said:

Hell yeah!

I'm guessing you're behind Brock? I am too, but Carwin looks lethal with his fists. I see the fight ending in the first or second round by tko or ko.

Brock is a joke that Carwin better destroy.  A 4-1 nobody holding the belt is an embarresment, only ufcs hype machine makes it acceptable. 

4-1 yes, but with 2 wins over former UFC heavyweight champs, and let's not forget that he man-handled Mir in the first fight too, but got screwed due to poor reffing.

Gonna be a quick fight either way. There's no way Crawin vs Lesnar makes it out of round 1. These guys are just too powerful. One solid shot from either and it's lights out.

I'm kinda pulling for Lesnar though, because I enjoy cheering for villains, and I think Lesnar's personality is good for the sport. It's much better to have everyone either love you or hate than for everyone to be indifferent.

Lolcislaw said:
Hus said:

Brock is a joke that Carwin better destroy.  A 4-1 nobody holding the belt is an embarresment, only ufcs hype machine makes it acceptable. 

Brock got a shot at the title prematurely i agree but that was back in the 2008 and people should really get over it, he beat a legend (who earlier dismantled Silvia and Gonzaga) to earn the title, and then he destroyed Mir. He got injured/ill that why his record stayed at 4-1 , and calling him a nobody is just a sign of ignorance.

Carwin is not much more legit then Brock, look at his record it might be perfect but apart from Mir and Gonzaga his other opponents were not a considerable threat. Carwin is as much a product of UFC hype machine (just look at the promos with him)  as Lesnar, and i hope Brock will  Ground and Pound the hell out of him. 

He got a shot casue ufc hw div was/is a joke.  And he beat a 45 year old that could not cut it at LHW any more.  His wwf fame means nothing, in mma based on accomplishments hes a nobody. 

Carwin also does not make an ass of him self but i guess thats th ewwf personlity, he actually had to earn a title shot and he lack a cock on his chest lol. 

Hus said:
Lolcislaw said:
Hus said:

Brock got a shot at the title prematurely i agree but that was back in the 2008 and people should really get over it, he beat a legend (who earlier dismantled Silvia and Gonzaga) to earn the title, and then he destroyed Mir. He got injured/ill that why his record stayed at 4-1 , and calling him a nobody is just a sign of ignorance.

Carwin is not much more legit then Brock, look at his record it might be perfect but apart from Mir and Gonzaga his other opponents were not a considerable threat. Carwin is as much a product of UFC hype machine (just look at the promos with him)  as Lesnar, and i hope Brock will  Ground and Pound the hell out of him. 

He got a shot casue ufc hw div was/is a joke.  And he beat a 45 year old that could not cut it at LHW any more.  His wwf fame means nothing, in mma based on accomplishments hes a nobody. 

Carwin also does not make an ass of him self but i guess thats th ewwf personlity, he actually had to earn a title shot and he lack a cock on his chest lol. 

The UFC HW division is far from a joke, tho I would agree it is one of their weakest weight classes.  Junior Dos Santos, Fat Ass Nelson (old IFL champ), Cain V, Mir, Lesner and Carwin.  

I still think they should consider (they thought of doing this before) splitting the HW class up.  205-245 Heavy Weight, 245-300 Super Heavy Weight.  Mir is a damn good fighter, but him trying to "bulk" up to fight these monstrous guys just wont work for him.  Carwin ate him alive.

And before anyone says "But in Pride they used to fight guys over 100lbs more than them! (Giant Silva) or In UFC number 1, one of the competitors was a 410lb Summo Wrestler (with competitor Gracie weighting in at 186), the game is just different today.  The Round are not the same, the break time between rounds are not the same, the rules are not the same, it is just plain different.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:

Strikeforce Fedor vs Werdum just concluded and Fabricio Werdum managed to submit Fedor in just 1:09 of the very first round in a fight that's going to shock the mma world.

You can see Fedor here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emilianenko

He had, up until today, a perfect mma record of 32-0.

Anyone else here with an interest in MMA?

I'm interested in the UFC not the MMA.

oldschoolfool said:
Dallinor said:

Strikeforce Fedor vs Werdum just concluded and Fabricio Werdum managed to submit Fedor in just 1:09 of the very first round in a fight that's going to shock the mma world.

You can see Fedor here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emilianenko

He had, up until today, a perfect mma record of 32-0.

Anyone else here with an interest in MMA?

I'm interested in the UFC not the MMA.

MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts, of which the UFC is the biggest promotion company.

Ssenkahdavic said:
Hus said:
Lolcislaw said:
Hus said:

The UFC HW division is far from a joke, tho I would agree it is one of their weakest weight classes.  Junior Dos Santos, Fat Ass Nelson (old IFL champ), Cain V, Mir, Lesner and Carwin.  

I still think they should consider (they thought of doing this before) splitting the HW class up.  205-245 Heavy Weight, 245-300 Super Heavy Weight.  Mir is a damn good fighter, but him trying to "bulk" up to fight these monstrous guys just wont work for him.  Carwin ate him alive.

Lets not forget Mirko, he might be well past his prime, but he still draws a crowd and his recent fight against Pat Barry was one of the best fights I can remember in recent times. Of course if you're talking purely competitive fighters for the title I don't think you've missed anyone.

@Hus- Lesnar reinvigorated the HW division in my opinion, and as he stated recently "everyone and their mother wants to get into MMA now." His charisma and popularity brought in rakes of fresh fans to the UFC, and while his 4-1 record might not make anyones jaw drop in pure awe, it still contains notable wins over Mir and Couture. And while people like to flaunt the age or weight card to knock couture, or discredit Lesnar, couture TKO'd Gonzaga- a man even younger then brock, and 30 pounds heavier then himself in the lead up to fighting Lesnar.

Fedor vs Werdum----  Fedor has slowed down the last few years and has already begun his decline as a fighter.  Now, the weigh-in showed this.....fedor looked even chubbier than he usually did which isn't ideal for a fighter.  Werdum looked both ripped to the bone, and bigger than fedor which is a bad combo for the russian.    Now, fedor might beat werdum in a rematch but he's going to have to be smarter.  I think that fedor got overconfident that he could avoid a submission, b/c he's great at sambo, a russian grappling art that has a lot of submissions though a lot of leg locks as well.   During the rematch he should just keep it standing to basically KO werdum and if he's brave, finish with a flurry of ground and pound.

Lesnar Vs Carwin.  - -  Carwin is 3 years older than lesnar and about 20lbs smaller, has worse wrestling as well.  Brocks going to turn this into a wrestle-hump match just like he did to mir and couture, wear carwin down.  Brock has also recovered from the diverticulosis, and his newest videos looks scary as f#$* in.  He's obviously recovered well.  Lesnar gets this one but I still think that it's going to be a good fight as carwin is the only one that would want to stand there and trade punches with lesnar.    So carwin has a chance but I dont give him a great one at all.

dallas said:

Lesnar Vs Carwin.  - -  Carwin is 3 years older than lesnar and about 20lbs smaller, has worse wrestling as well.  Brocks going to turn this into a wrestle-hump match just like he did to mir and couture, wear carwin down.  Brock has also recovered from the diverticulosis, and his newest videos looks scary as f#$* in.  He's obviously recovered well.  Lesnar gets this one but I still think that it's going to be a good fight as carwin is the only one that would want to stand there and trade punches with lesnar.    So carwin has a chance but I dont give him a great one at all.

When you are 250 pounds give or take, 20lbs is a small differance.

Dude alot of people would want to stand and strike with Brock, his striking sucks that be a sure way to beat him.  Last thing they want is to be on their back with him on top. 

Carwin has show brutal power, out of 12 his longest is under 4 minutes.  Wehn Brock tasted Mirs power he rushed to take it down. 

It'll be cool to see two huge monsters fight it out.