By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MMA Fedor Emelianenko Loses!

Dallinor said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Hus said:
Lolcislaw said:
Hus said:

Brock is a joke that Carwin better destroy.  A 4-1 nobody holding the belt is an embarresment, only ufcs hype machine makes it acceptable. 

Brock got a shot at the title prematurely i agree but that was back in the 2008 and people should really get over it, he beat a legend (who earlier dismantled Silvia and Gonzaga) to earn the title, and then he destroyed Mir. He got injured/ill that why his record stayed at 4-1 , and calling him a nobody is just a sign of ignorance.

Carwin is not much more legit then Brock, look at his record it might be perfect but apart from Mir and Gonzaga his other opponents were not a considerable threat. Carwin is as much a product of UFC hype machine (just look at the promos with him)  as Lesnar, and i hope Brock will  Ground and Pound the hell out of him. 

He got a shot casue ufc hw div was/is a joke.  And he beat a 45 year old that could not cut it at LHW any more.  His wwf fame means nothing, in mma based on accomplishments hes a nobody. 

Carwin also does not make an ass of him self but i guess thats th ewwf personlity, he actually had to earn a title shot and he lack a cock on his chest lol. 

The UFC HW division is far from a joke, tho I would agree it is one of their weakest weight classes.  Junior Dos Santos, Fat Ass Nelson (old IFL champ), Cain V, Mir, Lesner and Carwin.  

I still think they should consider (they thought of doing this before) splitting the HW class up.  205-245 Heavy Weight, 245-300 Super Heavy Weight.  Mir is a damn good fighter, but him trying to "bulk" up to fight these monstrous guys just wont work for him.  Carwin ate him alive.

Lets not forget Mirko, he might be well past his prime, but he still draws a crowd and his recent fight against Pat Barry was one of the best fights I can remember in recent times. Of course if you're talking purely competitive fighters for the title I don't think you've missed anyone.

@Hus- Lesnar reinvigorated the HW division in my opinion, and as he stated recently "everyone and their mother wants to get into MMA now." His charisma and popularity brought in rakes of fresh fans to the UFC, and while his 4-1 record might not make anyones jaw drop in pure awe, it still contains notable wins over Mir and Couture. And while people like to flaunt the age or weight card to knock couture, or discredit Lesnar, couture TKO'd Gonzaga- a man even younger then brock, and 30 pounds heavier then himself in the lead up to fighting Lesnar.

Lesnar is a nothing but a juicer. I hate that phony with a passion. I hope he loses every fight. lol

Around the Network
Hus said:
dallas said:

Lesnar Vs Carwin.  - -  Carwin is 3 years older than lesnar and about 20lbs smaller, has worse wrestling as well.  Brocks going to turn this into a wrestle-hump match just like he did to mir and couture, wear carwin down.  Brock has also recovered from the diverticulosis, and his newest videos looks scary as f#$* in.  He's obviously recovered well.  Lesnar gets this one but I still think that it's going to be a good fight as carwin is the only one that would want to stand there and trade punches with lesnar.    So carwin has a chance but I dont give him a great one at all.

When you are 250 pounds give or take, 20lbs is a small differance.

Dude alot of people would want to stand and strike with Brock, his striking sucks that be a sure way to beat him.  Last thing they want is to be on their back with him on top. 

Carwin has show brutal power, out of 12 his longest is under 4 minutes.  Wehn Brock tasted Mirs power he rushed to take it down. 

It'll be cool to see two huge monsters fight it out. 

His striking might not be in the same league as Carwin's, but he still managed to clip Couture and smash Herring halfway across the ring.

Also in regards to the 20lbs, it could be the difference in allowing Brock to stay on top and GNP.

oldschoolfool said:
Dallinor said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Hus said:
Lolcislaw said:
Hus said:

Brock is a joke that Carwin better destroy.  A 4-1 nobody holding the belt is an embarresment, only ufcs hype machine makes it acceptable. 

Brock got a shot at the title prematurely i agree but that was back in the 2008 and people should really get over it, he beat a legend (who earlier dismantled Silvia and Gonzaga) to earn the title, and then he destroyed Mir. He got injured/ill that why his record stayed at 4-1 , and calling him a nobody is just a sign of ignorance.

Carwin is not much more legit then Brock, look at his record it might be perfect but apart from Mir and Gonzaga his other opponents were not a considerable threat. Carwin is as much a product of UFC hype machine (just look at the promos with him)  as Lesnar, and i hope Brock will  Ground and Pound the hell out of him. 

He got a shot casue ufc hw div was/is a joke.  And he beat a 45 year old that could not cut it at LHW any more.  His wwf fame means nothing, in mma based on accomplishments hes a nobody. 

Carwin also does not make an ass of him self but i guess thats th ewwf personlity, he actually had to earn a title shot and he lack a cock on his chest lol. 

The UFC HW division is far from a joke, tho I would agree it is one of their weakest weight classes.  Junior Dos Santos, Fat Ass Nelson (old IFL champ), Cain V, Mir, Lesner and Carwin.  

I still think they should consider (they thought of doing this before) splitting the HW class up.  205-245 Heavy Weight, 245-300 Super Heavy Weight.  Mir is a damn good fighter, but him trying to "bulk" up to fight these monstrous guys just wont work for him.  Carwin ate him alive.

Lets not forget Mirko, he might be well past his prime, but he still draws a crowd and his recent fight against Pat Barry was one of the best fights I can remember in recent times. Of course if you're talking purely competitive fighters for the title I don't think you've missed anyone.

@Hus- Lesnar reinvigorated the HW division in my opinion, and as he stated recently "everyone and their mother wants to get into MMA now." His charisma and popularity brought in rakes of fresh fans to the UFC, and while his 4-1 record might not make anyones jaw drop in pure awe, it still contains notable wins over Mir and Couture. And while people like to flaunt the age or weight card to knock couture, or discredit Lesnar, couture TKO'd Gonzaga- a man even younger then brock, and 30 pounds heavier then himself in the lead up to fighting Lesnar.

Lesnar is a nothing but a juicer. I hate that phony with a passion. I hope he loses every fight. lol

You're entitled to your opinion. Obviously Brock can't juice while in the UFC though.

Dallinor said:
Hus said:
dallas said:

Lesnar Vs Carwin.  - -  Carwin is 3 years older than lesnar and about 20lbs smaller, has worse wrestling as well.  Brocks going to turn this into a wrestle-hump match just like he did to mir and couture, wear carwin down.  Brock has also recovered from the diverticulosis, and his newest videos looks scary as f#$* in.  He's obviously recovered well.  Lesnar gets this one but I still think that it's going to be a good fight as carwin is the only one that would want to stand there and trade punches with lesnar.    So carwin has a chance but I dont give him a great one at all.

Dude alot of people would want to stand and strike with Brock, his striking sucks that be a sure way to beat him.  Last thing they want is to be on their back with him on top. 

Carwin has show brutal power, out of 12 his longest is under 4 minutes.  Wehn Brock tasted Mirs power he rushed to take it down. 

His striking might not be in the same league as Carwin's, but he still managed to clip Couture and smash Herring halfway across the ring.

Also in regards to the 20lbs, it could be the difference in allowing Brock to stay on top and GNP.

Carwin's boxing is only better because he uses that more these days than his wrestling.  Now carwin started out as a wrestler but these quick-powerful wrestlers that primarily do wrestling (like randleman) never make it in the UFC so he switched to become a sprawl and brawl type of fighter that uses wrestling only defensively.  If brock can take him down, he'll win the fight I guarantee.             

Anyway, 20 lbs will be more than enough to give brock an edge.  Ever fought someone bigger?  It's hard, and it will be more than enough for brock to tire Carwin out and take carwin into the later rounds to hopefully punch him through the canvas.                                                                      

dallas said:
Dallinor said:
Hus said:
dallas said:

Carwin's boxing is only better because he uses that more these days than his wrestling.  Now carwin started out as a wrestler but these quick-powerful wrestlers that primarily do wrestling (like randleman) never make it in the UFC so he switched to become a sprawl and brawl type of fighter that uses wrestling only defensively.  If brock can take him down, he'll win the fight I guarantee.             

Anyway, 20 lbs will be more than enough to give brock an edge.  Ever fought someone bigger?  It's hard, and it will be more than enough for brock to tire Carwin out and take carwin into the later rounds to hopefully punch him through the canvas.                                                                      

The problem as I see it is that Brock doesn't find it easy to finish fights. He smothers opponenets, controls them and wears them down. He showed some effective GNP against Mir, but not against Herring. He preformed little to no GNP in the Couture fight. If the fight drags into the later rounds, that means Brock has to continually take Carwin to the ground, and shooting forward is always risky.

All the while, Carwin needs only to connect hard once with Brocks chin and then hit him with a flurry of punches. And we've seen Brock rocked before.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
dallas said:
Dallinor said:
Hus said:
dallas said:

The problem as I see it is that Brock doesn't find it easy to finish fights. He smothers opponenets, controls them and wears them down. He showed some effective GNP against Mir, but not against Herring. He preformed little to no GNP in the Couture fight. If the fight drags into the later rounds, that means Brock has to continually take Carwin to the ground, and shooting forward is always risky.

All the while, Carwin needs only to connect hard once with Brocks chin and then hit him with a flurry of punches. And we've seen Brock rocked before.

What???   

Brock's first punch on Herring as well as Mir sent them both tumbling backwards and he did plenty of GNP against them.  Brock is all about GNP....have you even seen any lesnar fights? lol  When was Brock "rocked"???  Well now that I think about it, you could sorta say that Couture got a single punch or two in on brock but the size disparity was so great that brock followed up and knocked couture clean out.  Brock kills.

Like i said before there is little we know about both Lesnar and Carwin, they both havent been really tested in the UFC and this fight will show us what they are truly made of. Carwin might have 12-0 record, but he only beat 2 legitimate fighters so i think his boxing is a bit overrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rPnOjh6SWc

Carwin had better be scared.....lol

This video is great.  It shows Lesnars weight room stats.....700lb squat and deadlift each .  It also shows this brawl that lesnar started when he was at the tryouts for the Vikings.  

Pure aggression plus freakish strength

plus amazing athleticism = lesnar  

dallas said:
Dallinor said:
dallas said:
Dallinor said:

What???   

Brock's first punch on Herring as well as Mir sent them both tumbling backwards and he did plenty of GNP against them.  Brock is all about GNP....have you even seen any lesnar fights? lol  When was Brock "rocked"???  Well now that I think about it, you could sorta say that Couture got a single punch or two in on brock but the size disparity was so great that brock followed up and knocked couture clean out.  Brock kills.

I mentioned he did plenty of GNP against Mir.

I'm not saying he can't strike, my point is he doesn't have the same finishing ability as Carwin. As proven by going the distance in his fight against Herring-  he smothered his opponenet from start to finish- but never attempted to properly end it. He happily stayed on top, kneeling and keeping side control, throwing some big knees, and punches. The commentator even mentions during the 3rd round "How long is it necessary for Brock to go without taking advantage of dominant positions like this one?"

(I watched the fight again there, and forgot how bad he punished him though.)

Brock was dazed by a flying knee from Mir at UFC 100 after he let him stand up. And I believe Couture was outboxing brock (even splitting him open) up until Brock ended it.

So to sum up my point, as I'm digressing quite a bit here, if Brock shows the same lack of killer instinct as he did in the Herring fight, the fight this saturday will carry into later rounds and every time they're on their feet, I believe Brock will be at a disadvanatge. However if he manages to GNP like he did against Mir at UFC 100, and stay away from Carwins striking power, he'll probably take him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

That's only my opinion and predicitions though, either carwin in the first, or Lesnar in the 2nd/3rd.

dallas said:

Randleman was ufc champ, how do you get of saying he did not make it.

And unliek all of you just talking iv actually  fought in the ring, and a les then 10% differancein weight means nothing.  Height and reach are far bigger advantages/disadvantages.