By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect for Xbox 360 now listed for $150... at Microsoft's own online store

Listen Microsoft, we know you've been wanting to stay absolutely mum on Kinect's price since its official E3 unveiling, even as GameStop and Walmart say $149.99. Included is the Kinect sensor itself, power supply cable, manual, and WiFi extension cable (huh?), and it shows up in our virtual shopping cart just fine. So, now that your own official online store is giving that price tag on a pre-order page, don't ya think this guy deserves something akin to a legitimate press release for its MSRP?

source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/kinect-for-xbox-360-now-on-sale-for-150-at-microsofts-own-o/

Microsft store: http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Kinect-Sensor-for-Xbox-360/product/C737B081

---

Although they haven't officially announced it, putting it up on their own store for $150 seems pretty final unless this is some genius move where they want everyone to think it's $150 only to blow people's minds closer to release. But then again, this is MS so highly priced peripherals aren't anything out of the ordinary.

Around the Network

Sans game:

What comes in the box

• Kinect sensor for Xbox 360
  • Power supply cable
  • User's manual
  • Wi-Fi extension cable

This = epic pricing failure. In league with PS3 at $600 (although it was $800 to manufacture)

@makingmusic

Thanks for that. I was about to add that to the OP. Seems pretty steep if it's the final price. I'm interested in messing around with the tech myself in PC and other applications but not $150 interested. Looks like I'll get 2 3DS isntead (one for me and one for my bro) and wait for Natal to get some more support and a lower price.

That seems to make it pretty official then.  I wonder when the official announcement will be released?

Around the Network

guess that comment about sitting pretty was BS as usual.

• Xbox 360 console
  • 6 feet (1.8 meters) between you and your television for play space†
  • You!

6ft eh?

Also above in the description it says "get off the couch"

I wonder if it really won't work on the couch like kotaku says.

And I just realized....a peripheral costing as much as a 360? Wow

Just you wait, this isnt what it seems.. people will tell you why in a few moments time.

Personally im just glad its somewhat official so people can move on and get over this motion controller bs.

an epic failure that is getting soaring high pre orders on amazon and gamestop..

mM

The biggest issue here is that the $149 price point only applies to current 360 owners.  They're attempting to sell a peripheral that has thus far shown that it has little use with hardcore games to a predominantly hardcore market for $149.99, seemingly without a game.

For the Wii market and everyone else, they'll be trying to sell a 360/Kinect bundle with no hard drive for $299, effectively resetting the 360's price to what it was at launch five years ago.