By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect for Xbox 360 now listed for $150... at Microsoft's own online store

Sucha  funny thread. Look at all the analysts in this thread.

Gamers are the only people that are expecting companies to lose money with their products.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Guess they were embarassed to reveal the price at E3.. I would be too. Who in the right mind would spend $150 on this? Especially after we've seen the lineup of mediocre games for it (which are priced at $60).

Apparenlty quite a few people, and quite a bit more people than those that want PS Move.

Current Amazon standing: 

Kinect at $150 in the number 2 spot (been in the top 3 for the last week now)
PS Move at $99 with a game in the number 57 spot

Kinect for two people at 149 isn't so bad; however selling the games for 60 bucks is crazy. 

Full Price Comparison for Move vs Kinect

Move Bundle 99 vs Kinect 149
Games x4 160 vs Games x5 300
Second Move 50
2X Nav Controller 60 

Total for 5 games and 2 player gaming

PS3 Move vs Kinect
370                 450

Not to mention using dual shock controllers save you 60 bucks. 

Therefore, the biggest difference is the price of games.

Sony is presumably making money on every move controller, eye toy, nav controller and game sold.

While MS is likely losing money on Kinect and making a profit only on software. 

It will be interesting to see how this pans out in November but right now for anyone who wants a few games with their system would be better off going with the Move or staying with the Wii.

cmeese47 said:

Kinect for two people at 149 isn't so bad; however selling the games for 60 bucks is crazy. 

Second Move 50
2X Nav Controller 60 

PS3 Move vs Kinect
370                 450

Sony is presumably making money on every move controller, eye toy, nav controller and game sold.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out in November but right now for anyone who wants a few games with their system would be better off going with the Move or staying with the Wii.

You missed some calculations here.

First, you would need 3 more Moves, not one more.  Some games requrie 2 Moves per person to play and the bundle only comes with 1.

Second, I have seen no indication that the Move games will be priced lower than $60 themselves, so there is no point in assuming they will be cheaper.

So:

Games x4 240 vs Games x5 300
3x Move 150
2x Nav Controller 60 

PS3 Move vs Kinect
  549                 449

nightsurge said:
cmeese47 said:

Second Move 50
2X Nav Controller 60 

PS3 Move vs Kinect
370                 450

First, you would need 3 more Moves, not one more.  Some games requrie 2 Moves per person to play and the bundle only comes with 1.

Second, I have seen no indication that the Move games will be priced lower than $60 themselves, so there is no point in assuming they will be cheaper.

So:

3x Move 150
2x Nav Controller 60 

PS3 Move vs Kinect
  549                 449

Do you work for a PR firm,because that's some pretty good spin. lol

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
V-r0cK said:

couch.gif

LOL.  I would disagree that you can get a couch for $90, at least something not from pawn shop.

And I would disagree that the couch does not have hardcore games.  There are lots of hardcore games you can play on the couch.

Lol !

oldschoolfool said:
nightsurge said:
cmeese47 said:

Second Move 50
2X Nav Controller 60 

PS3 Move vs Kinect
370                 450

So:

3x Move 150
2x Nav Controller 60 

PS3 Move vs Kinect
  549                 449

Do you work for a PR firm,because that's some pretty good spin. lol

How was that spin?  He had errors in his calculations that I highlighted and corrected.  Does the truth = spin these days?

It's higher then the PS Move in pre - orders ... Lol.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

bah, while $150 dollars isn't exactly cheap it certainly isn't bad either.  move and kinect are both expensive add-ons but the wii cost me more between a classics controller, balance board, and motion plus, and of course a second wii-mote nun-chuck and motion plus. 

all they need are the games that make people want the device.

move has some great support as far as i'm concerned but most of move's games are not move exluclusive so most people probably just use the old dual shock.

kinect is definetly not something i would want (games wise) but at least it has a distinct line-up.

JaggedSac said:
V-r0cK said:

couch.gif

LOL.  I would disagree that you can get a couch for $90, at least something not from pawn shop.

And I would disagree that the couch does not have hardcore games.  There are lots of hardcore games you can play on the couch.

lol yea seriously i doubt you can find a couch as nice as the one shown for $90.  I just thought it was funny that someone would compare Kinect to a couch lol