By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect for Xbox 360 now listed for $150... at Microsoft's own online store

makingmusic476 said:
AussieGecko said:

149 is not much for 4 player gaming add on, stop pretending it is

Huh?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398914

From that thread, I made the following statement:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21983402&postcount=496

PrimeSense is only providing the depth map, via their hardware, they are not doing any processing on it. MS's software is what is running against the depth map to create the skeletal systems. PrimeSense is only talking about their own skeletal system solution, which they are providing to developers for their own purposes. Their statements have nothing to do with Kinect.

The next day PrimeSense provided clarification regarding the erroneous information that was provided in the article that the OP of that thread used:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/21/kinect-not-limited-to-2-players/

Speaking to Primesense this morning, we can confirm that the technology behind Microsoft’s motion control has no such limitations.  A rep from Primesense told TheSixthAxis that their solution has no limit on the number of players it can track, although they couldn’t comment on any other implementation of the software, such as that used in Kinect.

Back OT, I think the price is a bit high myself, especially with no bundled game.  Still probably will get one at some point, maybe after the next round of games comes around.

Around the Network
FF_Fanatic said:
AussieGecko said:
Gojimaster said:
AussieGecko said:

Sorry to burst your bubble sir, but Kinect only supports 2-player gaming. 

on the screen at once yes, but you have seen what kinect can do, can pretty much guarantee with the jumping in and out feature of players that it will still work in a sense in tandem.

But none the less its still not bad for 2, as has been mentioned move costs the same for one player, the 2 main move controls ~90-100 and the camera ~50

get your prices right

starter pack $99(1xmotion wand 1xeye 1xgame)

1xmotion wand $49.96

all for $150, so basically it's only $10 more but you get a game with it, i am wondering wheter kinect shall be bundled with a game??

motion wand? there are 2 parts to the move as far as i have seen the nunchuk type thing as well. So you will have to pay a further amount. A wii remote without a nunchuk does limit you for purposefulness. You need both items. And there might be a free game with it you dont know that yet. Remember MS still hasnt officially announced the price, they may through milo in or something, you never know. Plus Kinect as far as i know is going to work with some old games with an update. Ms announced that a while ago.

And Kinect is not just for games, there is a reason why they showed what else it could do you know, it is too make the xbox easier to use without searching around for a controller.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

thankyou jagged sac and this shows there is no confirmation from MS that the limitation is to 2 people as opposed to 4.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

V-r0cK said:

couch.gif

LOL.  I would disagree that you can get a couch for $90, at least something not from pawn shop.

And I would disagree that the couch does not have hardcore games.  There are lots of hardcore games you can play on the couch.

Around the Network

That seems fair,for the future of gaming.

Oh, a couch like that goes for at least $1000 (yes, dollars) where I live.

AussieGecko said:
FF_Fanatic said:
AussieGecko said:
Gojimaster said:
AussieGecko said:

Sorry to burst your bubble sir, but Kinect only supports 2-player gaming. 

on the screen at once yes, but you have seen what kinect can do, can pretty much guarantee with the jumping in and out feature of players that it will still work in a sense in tandem.

But none the less its still not bad for 2, as has been mentioned move costs the same for one player, the 2 main move controls ~90-100 and the camera ~50

get your prices right

starter pack $99(1xmotion wand 1xeye 1xgame)

1xmotion wand $49.96

all for $150, so basically it's only $10 more but you get a game with it, i am wondering wheter kinect shall be bundled with a game??

motion wand? there are 2 parts to the move as far as i have seen the nunchuk type thing as well. So you will have to pay a further amount. A wii remote without a nunchuk does limit you for purposefulness. You need both items. And there might be a free game with it you dont know that yet. Remember MS still hasnt officially announced the price, they may through milo in or something, you never know. Plus Kinect as far as i know is going to work with some old games with an update. Ms announced that a while ago.

And Kinect is not just for games, there is a reason why they showed what else it could do you know, it is too make the xbox easier to use without searching around for a controller.

My understanding is the current Dualshock can stand in for the sub-controller - i.e. if you buy a Move wand and hold it in your right hand and a dualshock in your left you have the same abilities as if you were holding a sub-controller.

Clearly the sub-controller is better shaped for that configuraiton, but this does mean that technically the sub-controller is optional rather than mandatory.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Gojimaster said:

Epic failure checklist:

Can't play sitting down-- check

Only lets 2 people play when it is advertised as a party device- check

$150 pricetag- check

Software launch worthy of Wii reject status- check

A pricetag that is also as expensive as a Wii- check

Entering into a market at the same time as the competing Move product- check

Launching an expensive peripheral at the time of heavy worldwide economic concern- check

Launcahing a peripheral that is almost as expensive as the 360 console itself- check

No discounted bundle- check

Potential buyers being more wowed by the 3DS product- check

Lack of games at launch for hardcore gamers- check

EPIC FAILURE LEVEL IS VERY CLOSE TO THRESHOLD

Making epic failure assumptions over 4 months in advance - check

EPIC FAILURE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

So that's what you'll need to play motion muliplayer on 3 consoles

X360 Kinect= 179 149= 328$ (no game)

PS3 Move bundle 2nd wand 2nd navigator controller = 399 49 29= 467$ (no game)

Wii  (Resort / WM ) bundle 2nd wiimote/motion plus bundle 2nd nunchuck = 199 54 19 = 272$

add also a balance board to the wii and it has 371$ price, it's about 40$ more than kinect but it has 2 games in the package (resort wiifit plus)

I don't think kinect and (expecially) move will steal very much expanded audience from the wii....