By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Macworld E3 article - Ninty/MS/Sony are "OUT OF TOUCH", "Complacent Swine"

I hope there is a Kevin Butler commercial made in response to this!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
Goddbless said:

I hope there is a Kevin Butler commercial made in response to this!

LOL that would be a nice response.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leo-j said:

nintendo and sony are going to end up being the loosers in the long run, since nintendo is inching closer to creating a "multimedia" handheld device.. you can't compete with apple on that front, and clearly thats what they are trying to do with DSi and 3DS.

Who says they can't? They certainly couldn't with a defeatist attitude like that.

Nintendo's multimedia is a bit of a defensive move, but they're still trying to offer unique values. The DSi lets you play around with your music and image files, turning them into a bit of a game (so do some 3rd party iPhone apps, but being integrated counts). The 3DS offers 3D photography and mobile video, which no other mobile consumer device has offered before.

Nintendo can't match Apple's online media marketplace or computer synchronization, but they can offer other unique values so that somebody who wants movies, music, and games might buy a 3DS instead of an iPod Touch.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:

nintendo and sony are going to end up being the loosers in the long run, since nintendo is inching closer to creating a "multimedia" handheld device.. you can't compete with apple on that front, and clearly thats what they are trying to do with DSi and 3DS.

No, leo-j. The loser is going to be Sony. Sony alone.

But they will still be the best!!

SONY and PS3 FTW!

Sigh. What does one say to such blatant ignorance...?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

ROFL

That word/thingy/letter alone says everything.

darthdevidem01 said:
Cheebee said:

ROFL

That word/thingy/letter alone says everything.

Acronym, if you pronounce it (roffle?) -- or simply a word.  Otherwise I believe the term is initialism (initialisms are not words IIRC). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

leo-j said:

apple already holds 20% of the gaming market handheld wise and they aren't even trying..

They're mainly eating up PSP marketshare and non-iPhone mobile gaming market, that cost $800-900M in US the year prior to launch of AppStore.

Actually in general mobile gaming is just a bit under DS and PSP combined with around $5B in revenue last year, the rampant growth started in 2003 and was somewhere around $3B worldwide prior to AppStore launch, so smartphones though took the lead have little to do in regard to accumulating this huge number.

But the growth of mobile gaming not even in the slightest way harmed DS hardware or software sales. There was tremendous growth on both sides, handheld and mobile gaming market, the only portable console that was hit hard by growth of mobiles (as well as direct competitor, of course) is in fact PSP.

//BTW why such doom and gloom about the future of handhelds from ex-PSP supporters recently?

thank god I never owned an Apple product. I won't change this in the future.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

ROFL fanboys make me lulz. Can't we all just get along?!?!?!