By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ashamed of playing Nintendo games?

I was ashamed of playing Pokemon in high school. After that, though, I didn't really care.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

No. A lot of people, not just kids buy Nintendo games. i don't see what's there to be ashamed of when even the "hardcore" adult reviewers have given the game 9s-10s.

Your mind may change once you hit puberty, my kid.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Yes, I fear that one day I may grow boobs from playing Nintendo games. Oh the horror, the day I no longer need women.

The only ppl who's ashamed of buying a mario game at the store, is some poor victim of viral marketing - no more, no less.

Basically, you've been brainwashed into being ashamed to buy a Nintendo game by some marketing campaign.

Well... I left my Wii two years ago... liked PS3 hardocre games like MGS4... BUT... all PS3, Wii, Xbox has childish titles and adult titles...

You are the only one responsible for what you have fun with... if you like Mario Galaxy 2, go play it... I think Halo is for children... MGS4 at the end don´t is too away from that...

there´s no REAL TRUTH... just relax and play it. LOL

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network
SimonSaysFYou said:
Joelcool7 said:

dude your grammar and spelling is absolutely atroucious. fix that shit.

Shouldn't his grammar and spelling be "atrocious", SimonSpellsFYou?

OT: No.

Pineapple said:

I am. I have absolutely no idea why, but I'm ashamed of playing Nintendo games.

I went to the store  to buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 yesterday. To my own horror, I realised that I felt like I shouldn't be buying the game. As if I was playing something that's really meant for children, not people my age.

This kind of lead to me realising that feeling guilty about buying Nintendo games is a recurring event for me. I've somehow ended up subconciously believing that Nintendo games are "kiddy", or however you prefer to word it.

I talked to some other people about it, and it turns out that there are quite a few people who feel that Nintendo games just aren't for them. They love the games, but sort of feel that as males 18-30, they shouldn't.

Have you ever fallen into that "trap", being ashamed/unwilling to tell others that you play Nintendo games?

Everyone here is pretty much going to say no.

Not really, almost all of my friends love nintendo as well. Even the ones that hate nintendo, don't really care what genre I play (because at the end of the day, I own them at games they play :P). I think only preteens, teens, and young adults (10-20 Demographic) care about being too "kiddy".

It seems as if quite a few of you misunderstood me. Conciously - rationally - there's no reason to be ashamed of playing Nintendo games. None at all. The problem is, the feeling is still there when talking to other people about it.  It has nothing to do with the fun of playing the game.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness."  - C.S. Lewis