By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ashamed of playing Nintendo games?

izaaz101 said:

I was ashamed of playing Pokemon in high school. After that, though, I didn't really care.

That was the limit of mine, too. I was an unabashed Nintendo fanboy through high school, but for some reason Pokemon crossed the line at that point. Not any more, obviously.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
okr said:
SimonSaysFYou said:
Joelcool7 said:

dude your grammar and spelling is absolutely atroucious. fix that shit.

Shouldn't his grammar and spelling be "atrocious", SimonSpellsFYou?

OT: No.

He also missed the capital letters at the start of both sentences.  Bans and warnings can be handed or for posts that add nothing to the thread.

OT: I never feel ashamed for playing Nintendo games, the same as I don't feel ashamed watching Pixar movies.  They aren't made for kids, they are made with a little for everybody.  If being an 'adult' or 'mature' makes you lose touch with things that kids enjoy how on earth are you going to relate to your own kids?

Nope, Nintendo has some great games - I wouldn't call mario kiddy, but the Wii is sort of labled as a kiddy system.

Being a grammar nazi on the internet is not needed if the post is coherent enough to not require any effort to read.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

This feeling is unfortuately the maifistation of years of Sony (and before that, SEGA) marketing.  For how many years have we been bombarded by messages that Nitendo is kiddie, only children play Nintendo games, or that if you are a "big boy" your can play these other games that will give you affirmation about you being a tough, grown up who can handle "mature" games". 

I am working on my M.A. in Psychology (research and analysis) and can spot some of these interesting tendencies that we funny creatures called humans are so prone to fall into.  In this instance, what is likely happening is the propaganda effect.  The "propaganda effect" is when reapeted exposures to a message, whether factual or erroneous,  leads individuals to believe the message more over time.  One can imagine easily that after years of advertizing that the desired effect has affected many people. 

Thankfully, if you are aware of how some psychological processes happen you have a much better chance of not falling into erroneous thinking. 

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.

Around the Network

Not since I was around 17-18, just stopped caring about others thoughts in reference to my gaming.

Lynx said:

This feeling is unfortuately the maifistation of years of Sony (and before that, SEGA) marketing.  For how many years have we been bombarded by messages that Nitendo is kiddie, only children play Nintendo games, or that if you are a "big boy" your can play these other games that will give you affirmation about you being a tough, grown up who can handle "mature" games". 

I am working on my M.A. in Psychology (research and analysis) and can spot some of these interesting tendencies that we funny creatures called humans are so prone to fall into.  In this instance, what is likely happening is the propaganda effect.  The "propaganda effect" is when reapeted exposures to a message, whether factual or erroneous,  leads individuals to believe the message more over time.  One can imagine easily that after years of advertizing that the desired effect has affected many people. 

Thankfully, if you are aware of how some psychological processes happen you have a much better chance of not falling into erroneous thinking. 

Thats actually one of the big reason why id never buy a PS3. I can see very easly when something is trying to sway my opinion, in this way.

I think alot of there comercial are really funny, they are, but I know what they are trying to do. I personlly am against, this and have dicided to boycute companys that use that kind of marketing.

Its a form of bullying, and arn't nurds against that?

That's right Albion. Nerds have to stick together! For together we can remerber pointless trivia and kick ass at trivial pursuit..... or at least make more money in our lifetime on average :)

P.S. mmmmmmmm.... nerds.  Got to get me some of that candy :P

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.

Today I saw Toy Story 3, it's great, it has a great character design, nice story and was really fun probably the best movie this year wa.... wait what're we talking about?

I have a lot of young relatives. Every time I play against them in a so-called "kiddy" game, it usually makes me think, "Wow. These kids have no idea what they're doing. I guess it's not so kiddy after all." Then I feel better. I can always appreciate the fact that most Nintendo games are simple enough for them to have a ball, yet have enough content to satisfy gamers of higher skill levels.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " ~John 14:6 (NKJV)