By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dance Central, the game that will sell 5+ million Xbox 360s alone?

i might buy a 360 for kinect are there any good 360 exclusives all i know about is halo.

Around the Network

i think dance central will have a 25% attach ratio, that high because the game looks fantastic. i think it will by far be the bestselling kinect launch game. so if 10m kinects are sold i think it will sell 2.5 million units. if 20 million kinects are sold then i see it selling 5 million. i think the amount of consoles it move will be very low.(75-300k) people dont buy a console for 1 game they buy a console for multiple games. same goes for kinect but i think it will move a higher amount of kinects. maybe 500k

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

RolStoppable said:

Moving 5 m 360s would make Dance Central more important than the Halo franchise. Nice attempt at a joke thread, but it's usually better to keep things in the realm of possibility.

I imagin Halo 3 has moved 5 mill 360's over time actually ..

Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Moving 5 m 360s would make Dance Central more important than the Halo franchise. Nice attempt at a joke thread, but it's usually better to keep things in the realm of possibility.

ya even before halo 3 came out it probably moved more then a million consoles. they were probably like should i buy a 360 or ps3 ill go with 360 because the next halo game will be on it. i know it was one of the reasons i bought one in 2006.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Then I'll correct that to "almost as important", because it's really hard to quantify how many consoles one game moved over the course of its lifetime and it would be a waste of everyone's time to make that a point of conflict.

Ya I agree, I think it's undoubtable Halo has shifted the most amount of Xboxs, and nothing else will come close, especially Dance Central.

Around the Network

Best of luck to it! Not my cup of tea personally... I prefer green tea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Legend11 said:

I really think that this will game will move more consoles than any other game released in 2010.  I also think it will lead to the 360 having its best November and December in its history.  If Microsoft could get a Milo game out as well it would end up pushing the system even more (yes I believe that will be a system seller as well).

Anyways I just want to get the opinions of other forum members.  Do you think the game will be as big as I do? 

I share your enthusiasm and think that this game is going to be a huge success!

Kinect! who needs video games!

I'm really curious to see how places like Best Buy will place Kinnect so it doesn't get disrupted by people walking by

no. just dan ce 2 will do much better and it is almost the same thing.

Kinect comes out in November. It will rely on heavy advertising because the market it targets is just not that aware of gaming in general.

They will be going up against an already very popular franchise "just dance".

Dance Central is the only real game of its type on the 360, so market confusion isn't really a problem, but the 360 really isn't the kind of platform that casuals are on. If a dance game were big enough to make people buy both a kinect AND the game, and possibly a 360, why wouldn't they buy or already have bought a wii already?

That type of game is in abundance on the wii, and the wii has that image. 360 doesn't. The kinect will be bought mainly by 360 owners who are looking for a new experience. It will not be bought by casuals because wii already has a firm grip on that demographic.

The other group that I think will buy the kinect are people whom were going to buy a wii, but instead went for the new fad in order to "one-up" their neighbors. "LOL CONTROLLERS". That group of people will soon run into a wall when they realize that kinect games suck and they could have bought a wii and just dance 2 for cheaper.

Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

I bought the 360 specifically for Halo 3....everything else was just a bonus.  And a bunch of my friends and relatives did so too.