By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dance Central, the game that will sell 5+ million Xbox 360s alone?

Seriously, if you thought that the Dance Central type of game is cool, why don't you own a wii?

Around the Network

not 5 million but I am interested in picking this up... and I'm sure hoping Square Enix will bring out a new Bust a groove game for kinect 

OMG this is one of my favorite fan boy threads ever. I don't know if Kinect will sell 5 million units let alone this game coming close to that. Honestly I think Kinect would need to sell 20 million units for this to happen. 20 million $150 add-ons not going to happen.

Do I think?  No, no I don't.

But it could.  Depends on a lot of things that we'll probably never know.  For instance, if you're talking about the Nov/Dec 2010 time frame, then no.  I thought I remember reading somewhere that only 3 million Kinects are shipping this year (do the preorder options make more sense now?), so it'd be impossible to sell that much if not even that many are available to purchase.  But if you're talking lifetime, that's different.  But how would we know how many units were purchased for Dance Central uniquely?

The other thing is that we don't know the price of Kinect.  I have a funny feeling that this is far from being as clear cut as it seems now.  MS execs have been too ... secretively giddy when the subject of price comes up.  Has anyone else noticed that?

Anyway, game looks great, hands-on impressions from all over the internet for it have been glowing and many have labeled it the killer app.  I personally know that if I get this, my house will be busy as most everyone I know will want a turn.  This could be big . . . 

piggychan said:

not 5 million but I am interested in picking this up... and I'm sure hoping Square Enix will bring out a new Bust a groove game for kinect 

Actually, Square-Enix is making a dancing game for Kinect, but it's Final Fantasy X-3.

Around the Network

hell no. Not that many are going to buy a 360 for a dance game. lol

badgenome said:
piggychan said:

Actually, Square-Enix is making a dancing game for Kinect, but it's Final Fantasy X-3.

thats two epic posts in this thread !

I can see the game selling 5 million (not this year alone though)...but moving 5 million 360s will be tough.

Maybe if Kinect came bundled with 360s from day one and this was a launch title. Today? It's not even possible.

Just Dance 2 has 8 players? I thought 7 was max on the Wii?