By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dance Central, the game that will sell 5+ million Xbox 360s alone?

I really think that this will game will move more consoles than any other game released in 2010.  I also think it will lead to the 360 having its best November and December in its history.  If Microsoft could get a Milo game out as well it would end up pushing the system even more (yes I believe that will be a system seller as well).

Anyways I just want to get the opinions of other forum members.  Do you think the game will be as big as I do? 

Around the Network

I'm as excited about the possibilities of Kinect as the next guy, but you and a lot of other 360 fans are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Did Just Dance sell 5 million Wiis? It hasn't even sold 5 million copies. Kinect will be a great addition to the 360 platform, but don't hype it up too much.

So you think that Dance Central will sell at least 5 million?

Well, that implies that Kinect will have to sell around 10 million (Just for a 50% attach ratio, which is ridiculous and I dont see happening at all).

I think you might want to rethink that number.

5 million HW?! No ... that's just not doable IMO..

Although I think Dance Central goes a long way into making Kinect an attractive buy for that target audience .. in fact if you enjoy dancing games. This IS the ultimate dancing game to have by the looks of it.

Not a chance.  That demographic is already sold on the Wii, and while there may be some who crossover most aren't going to see any need for another console.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

I'm as excited about the possibilities of Kinect as the next guy, but you and a lot of other 360 fans are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Did Just Dance sell 5 million Wiis? It hasn't even sold 5 million copies. Kinect will be a great addition to the 360 platform, but don't hype it up too much.

Dance Central might do better as Harmonix is known to make good quality music games so the game is likely to be better than Just Dance. That said, Im not sure if any of the Kinect Launch titles will appeal to much of the 3X360 userbase or how well they will sell consoles.

Still think Dance Central looks like the most promising Kinect title so far

De85 said:

Not a chance.  That demographic is already sold on the Wii, and while there may be some who crossover most aren't going to see any need for another console.

Yeah that's a possibility.

However if someone see's this dancing game, and it's their thing and they have a wii, hopefully the other wii like games on Kinect can push them to go down to their local game and trade the wii in, not having to spend more than $149 for a Kinect/slim bundle.

The ONLY problem I see with this is the intimidation, if Microsoft can reach out to the casuals, undo it's hardcore image to them, then it'll be a sale.

De85 said:

what if they think the 360 is a nexgen console? I mean if microsoft market it like a  more advanced experience..

mM

Although I do think Dance Central looks awesome I don't think it will sell anywhere close to that number.

At best it would probably move 500k-1 million 360's.

Dance Central has no chance against Dance Masters. SO EXCITE CAN'T BREATH!