By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 360 crazies are starting to replace the Sony crazies on this site.

kowenicki said:

Starting to replace...

OK, If you say so.

But have they replaced even 2% of them yet?

It will take a while because 360 fans are massively outnumbered in the "crazies" department...

The number's don't matter when the voices become so much louder. It's just something I've observed, I've seen some Sony fan's calm down and I've seen some 360 fan's get a little rowdy. I'd like to think it's something that will change once the whole E3 effect blow's over, but it's a shame because 360 fan's usually keep their calm and wit's about them far better than Sony or Nintendo fan's.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

To late LOL :D

A lot of Nintendo fans feel the threat from Kinect so they attack and ridicule it. Naturally we Xbox fans have to defend against dirty attacks.

Many Sony fans also bash Kinect because they are afraid that it's superior to the Move and that it will secure X360 second place by attracting millions of casuals. Naturally we Xbox fans must fend off these attacks too.

And don't forget, controller free motion controls is a revolution in gaming.

"all of a sudden they have three kid's, a wife, a mum, a dad, two grandmas and a labrador who love's Kinnect  and were amazed by thing's they've never seen done before anywhere else. "

I lol'd at that because it's so true. Before everyone was just gamers. Halo, Gears, MGS, CoD, Alan Wake, FFs, (games you put time into) etc. were the only types of games they looked forward to PERIOD.

Now, all of a sudden, everyone is 35 years old, makes only JUST enough money to support their family of 4 kids that weren't ever mentioned before, yet not even having an official price, somehow a 360 Kinect is the only thing they can afford. They won't be playing video games that often anymore (somehow the 40hrs a week they may work is a longer time than the 40hrs a week I used to work, yet I still enjoyed games plentily.), but when they do, they're going to enjoy them with their family, playing casual games that are supposed to be game changers.

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

kowenicki said:
Doobie_wop said:
kowenicki said:

Starting to replace...

OK, If you say so.

But have they replaced even 2% of them yet?

It will take a while because 360 fans are massively outnumbered in the "crazies" department...

The number's don't matter when the voices become so much louder. It's just something I've observed, I've seen some Sony fan's calm down and I've seen some 360 fan's get a little rowdy. I'd like to think it's something that will change once the whole E3 effect blow's over, but it's a shame because 360 fan's usually keep their calm and wit's about them far better than Sony or Nintendo fan's.

Dont take this negatively... but I think you are over-sensitive to what you have observed as you favour the PS3.

Immediately after the MS conference Sony fans where on the attack BIG time... then the Ninty and  Sony conferences came and went and they became quieter.    They expected Sony to smash the MS conference, but they didnt.

Fair enough, I can agree to that. You've got to admit though that some 360 fan's have gone a bit over board since that conference, they started feeling the negative press and turned defensive really fast. It reminded me a lot like the PS3 launch, Sony fan's until recently have had to defend their console and said some pretty crazy thing's in the process, I've seen some 360 fan's start doing the same. It's not the majority, but it definitely has increased.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
STEKSTAV said:

To late LOL :D

calling me a rage nerd? 

Say what? No.

Doobie_wop said:

E3 has come and gone, some fantastic games have been shown and some not so great games have been shown. Nintendo blew everyone away, third party's are releasing some of their best line up's ever and Sony/Microsoft showed their new motion controller technology. Both received a polite clap for their effort's and both companies presented something new for gamers.

Microsoft obviously had a weak showing in term's of titles that would excite the forum goer and the tech has gotten mixed reaction's from the gaming press. Sony didn't innovate, but they used an old idea, added a few trick's and created game's that can satisfy both their core and casual fan's. This lead to many people putting Microsoft in third place in term's of E3 performance (it's an opinion thing, it's stupid but fun).

I'd agree with most of that. 

Since the Microsoft Press Conference the 360 fan's on this site have gone into propaganda mode, all of a sudden they have three kid's, a wife, a mum, a dad, two grandmas and a labrador who love's Kinnect  and were amazed by thing's they've never seen done before anywhere else.

The fans saying this have had kids, wives ect alla long, why on earth did we have a reason to bring them up in the past though? Microsoft has never had anything casual worth talking about.

Finally we ARE seeing something our familys can get into. I can play Sonic racing, Lips and XBLA titles with my neice and nephew (which I've been doing for 3 years) but now I can finally get excited about play xbox games with them, because they're over the moon with what I've shown them.

They have become extremely defensive, they're hyping up something they haven't played, nitpicking the good press from the bad press, making up prices and bundles and listing them as facts, changing their perspective on gaming and even acting like their excited that they can now play Kinnectimals after two years of Natal build up. All thing's I've seen some Sony fan's do in the past.

I can't speak for all, but I don't think I'm personally being defensive. Kinect and Xbox is always going to get hate here, it's something most xbox fans have learnt to deal with. arguing with the crap thrown at Kinect (some warranted, most of it not) is not "extremely defensive" well not in the term you mean.

It's just slightly annoying certain people clinging to a retail price that isn't confirmed sticking their fingers in their ears singing "lalalala" to anyone that mentions otherwise. It's not 360 fans stating unconfirmed prices as facts, it's sony and nintendo fans.

Furthermore, I havn't changed my perspective on gaming, I was a little dissapointed, nay, very dissapointed with Microsoft's conference at first. Then I let it sink in. I have more hardcore titles to play over the next 9 months than ever before, and Kinect is just a massive bonus to me, as I enjoying gaming with my neice and nephew. PLUS that dance game looks awesome ...

Nintendo and Sony fan's are excited over the uses of Motion and the Move, but only as a side note, something they'll pick up and use as a tool to enhance their current gaming experiences. Microsoft aren't offering that same experience and instead are retreading on an old one, one's that Sony and Nintendo have developed before and I can't see how anyone who enjoy's the 360 would enjoy that tried and true experience.

I don't even get any of this "retreading on an old one"???

I can never see a reason to have this weird obsession for a console, I can understand that a console can be a preference (the PS3 is mine), but to obsess over a company is pretty sad. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all have fan's that behave in that obsessive manner on this site, not that long ago the Sony fan's were the worst, Nintendo fan's even had their moment's and now I'm surprised to see more and more Microsoft fan's falling into that same category.

There is nothing wrong being passionate about your favourite gaming company, the majority of people here have a favourite. And those Microsoft fans have been here all along, they're just speaking up now because there is something worth speaking about.

So, are the 360 crazies now replacing the Sony crazies?, is it just an after E3 effect?, is it due to the rare bad press that the 360 usually doesn't encounter in the gaming media?. What's your opinion on the whole thing?.

Kinect is going to be like a moth to flame when it comes to bad articles, some of them you can tell are just fanboy hate. But the same can be said for some over glowing reviews as well. It's just a case of weeding through them and finding all the genuine ones to get an accurate picture on how Kinect is shaping up.

Slimebeast said:

A lot of Nintendo fans feel the threat from Kinect so they attack and ridicule it. Naturally we Xbox fans have to defend against dirty attacks.

Many Sony fans also bash Kinect because they are afraid that it's superior to the Move and that it will secure X360 second place by attracting millions of casuals. Naturally we Xbox fans must fend off these attacks too.

And don't forget, controller free motion controls is a revolution in gaming.

Here's the thing, I don't think anyone really is feeling any sort of threat and if they are, they are the crazies I was referring to in my post. I've gone through a lot of the Kinect and Move thread's and I've found more people 'upset' with Kinect than they are threatened by it. I think Microsoft offered us a different experience last year compared to what they showed at E3 and it was disappointing. Move is getting it's fair amount of bashing as well, but outside of price it, it didn't do anything wrong and it delivered on what was promised. 

The revolution thing is speculation and opinion, it's hardly a revolution when from what we've seen it's done more of the same. It could change next year, but as for now I'm not so sure.  << That isn't bashing, that's an honest opinion, I hope you see the difference.

let's not forget the whole family watched the press conference together for instant opinions

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

My favourite part has been hearing how the dance, fitness and sports games are all 'superior' to what Wii has. As if hardcorez 360 fans are experts on da cazualz fitness games all of a sudden.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!