By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 360 crazies are starting to replace the Sony crazies on this site.

Seece said:
wholikeswood said:
Doobie_wop said:

Since the Microsoft Press Conference the 360 fan's on this site have gone into propaganda mode, all of a sudden they have three kid's, a wife, a mum, a dad, two grandmas and a labrador who love's Kinnect  and were amazed by thing's they've never seen done before anywhere else.

This is so spot-on.

If I see selnor bringing up his wife one more time... XD

Why shouldn't we?

This device is more appealing to wives and kids ATM, nobody is denieing that.

For sole 360 gamers, it's exciting for us to get our family's more involved, I'm genuinly excited for the kids in my family to get their hands on Kinect.

Selnor can talk about the hell he wants, it's no business of yours.

Pefect example of damage control.

Around the Network

the highest number is crazies are clearly the nintendo ones.

other than that ive not noticed anything different.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I guess they're excited that motion controls are coming to their platform.

There is nothing wrong with that. The only annoyance that I've seen is the sudden mentioning of their family being totally captured by Kinect and whatnot. Which again, there isn't anything wrong with that, but it is annoying in the sense that it seems like a pathetic attempt to convince others that MS is totally reaching the casual market with Kinect.

I think you raise some decent points and i actually agree with most of them. Let's not beat about the bush Microsoft's conference overall was poor. Especially compared to it's previous ones.

However what i don't get is this line " Microsoft aren't offering that same experience and instead are retreading on an old one, one's that Sony and Nintendo have developed before ".

As far as i am aware neither Sony or Nintendo have developed a 3d camera able to imerse you fully into the game via full body scan. Neither have developed a device that is 100% hands free and is controlled by facial and sound recognition. Neither have the ability to stop live tv via voice commands and be able to replay what just happened on screen? Neither have developed controller free system that can have multiple people on the screen at one time without the need of some form of differentiator i.e number 1 controller, number 2 controller etc...

So in that regards that statement is false. Microsoft have followed Nintendo's lead by going after the casual gaming market by offering more interactive way's to play games. Sony have done exactly the samething. On the contrary to what you have said media wise Kinect is generating far more interest then Move. Those Google trends proove it, the gap is not even close. The problem is some people have already written it off as a failure because the overall conference was poor. As i pointed out in another thread people seem to be getting the conference reviews mixed with the technology reviews. If you read all the hands on of Kinect your find the far majority of people have come out with glowing previews. The interesting thing about these previews is that they all seem to have liked different bits of it. Some liked the ability to do the tv thing, some people liked the idea of being able to learn able to dance properly, some liked the fitness thing with all it's stats, some liked the idea of the forza thing, and regardless of what you said some even loved the Kinectimals thing. Granted they were not hardcore gamers who know every track off by heart on Gran Turismo, they were more family orientated. People need to wise up. There are more casuals out there then us. Look at the Wii game sales especially the dance type ones, i bet few of us own that game.

Nintendo have proven people out there will buy stuff even if we as hardcore gamers think it is rubbish. But does that make the game rubbish? I remember years ago when Nintendo released duck hunt with a gun. I loved that game. But for that one decent game there were shead loads of awful ones that used the gun. What matters is how you use that technology and i have no doubt that the companies will come up with some amazing things for it.  IGN in my opinion did the best story on Kinect and killed some of the myths i.e the not being able to sit down thing. They said what matters is how companies make games on it and they will be able to make different games to those they have made on the Wii. Move is technically another remote and navigation controller. The aspects between the games on it will be the same as the Wii. The games developed for it will follow the same pattern as the Wii, and just like Nintendo and soon to be Microsoft your find just as much shovelware on Move.

And in my view this is the point. People are attacking Kinect and writing it off. No-one really knows what will happen with it. It might work, it might not. But until then and until you have played it yourself you can't say it is crap. The vast majority of previews have been good, it has had a lot of media coverage and acording to analysts will sell well, some even said it could shift 5m before the year is out. People forget you only need one Kinect for multiple people to play, once you buy it that is the costs done. No assesories, no additional controllers. To get two controllers for Move will cost you £140. The price of a new console basically. Will people with a Wii pay that to pretty much get the same experience as they already have with their Wii? We will see.

So personally i don't think those people are crazy for defending it. I think people are crazy for under-estimating the sales potential of the casual market. They did that with the Wii, look at those sales. I can see history repeating itself in that some people are going to be surprised how well it does.

To be fair, Sony fans would be saying the same thing if Sony actually went to the effort of attracting new gamers.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
snyperdud said:

There is nothing wrong with that. The only annoyance that I've seen is the sudden mentioning of their family being totally captured by Kinect and whatnot. Which again, there isn't anything wrong with that, but it is annoying in the sense that it seems like a pathetic attempt to convince others that MS is totally reaching the casual market with Kinect.

Not that my word means anything to Sony fans or that I give a crap what they think, but I know my mum is genuinly excited about Your Shape, and my neice and nephew love the 360 anyway, they're ecstatic with Kinect.

They have a PS2 and a 360 at home, no wii for some reason ..

My mum has never shown an interest in wii, but then I don't think she knows anything about it, it took me a video of your shape to get her interested.

Seece said:
snyperdud said:

Not that my word means anything to Sony fans or that I give a crap what they think, but I know my mum is genuinly excited about Your Shape, and my neice and nephew love the 360 anyway, they're ecstatic with Kinect.

They have a PS2 and a 360 at home, no wii for some reason ..

My mum has never shown an interest in wii, but then I don't think she knows anything about it, it took me a video of your shape to get her interested.

Well, that's cool.

And don't get me wrong, I actually think it's great that more people can play their 360 with their families more. It's just that I know I don't need convincing that Kinect is going to be a hit in the casual market. How big of hit is going to be the big question, but thats a discussion for another time and place.  ;)

Woops. Double post.

I will say that members of the Microsoft Borg Collective talking about assimilating the masses is a change of pace from the normal Sony fanboyism.

Of course, I will say that the Yarners of the Cult of Epic Kirby haven't had a chance to have their say yet though.  And yes, this Cult MUST be heard.  Epic Yarn is just awesome.  To paraphrase a line from the Neo Geo song:

OK so we all know that Kirby's Epic Yarn  is the best thing to ever exist on the planet. That's obvious. If you were born then you know that. If you don't know that then you're technically not alive. So you might wanna get that checked out.

to this i say :

who cares read what you want

i like all systems and own em all, and they all make me mad here and there

i just dont get how if some people on a forum dont like your system, that you go nuts like they punched your girlfriend.  its just strange.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889