By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 360 crazies are starting to replace the Sony crazies on this site.

E3 has come and gone, some fantastic games have been shown and some not so great games have been shown. Nintendo blew everyone away, third party's are releasing some of their best line up's ever and Sony/Microsoft showed their new motion controller technology. Both received a polite clap for their effort's and both companies presented something new for gamers.

Microsoft obviously had a weak showing in term's of titles that would excite the forum goer and the tech has gotten mixed reaction's from the gaming press. Sony didn't innovate, but they used an old idea, added a few trick's and created game's that can satisfy both their core and casual fan's. This lead to many people putting Microsoft in third place in term's of E3 performance (it's an opinion thing, it's stupid but fun). 

Since the Microsoft Press Conference the 360 fan's on this site have gone into propaganda mode, all of a sudden they have three kid's, a wife, a mum, a dad, two grandmas and a labrador who love's Kinnect  and were amazed by thing's they've never seen done before anywhere else. 

They have become extremely defensive, they're hyping up something they haven't played, nitpicking the good press from the bad press, making up prices and bundles and listing them as facts, changing their perspective on gaming and even acting like their excited that they can now play Kinnectimals after two years of Natal build up. All thing's I've seen some Sony fan's do in the past.

Nintendo and Sony fan's are excited over the uses of Motion+ and the Move, but only as a side note, something they'll pick up and use as a tool to enhance their current gaming experiences. Microsoft aren't offering that same experience and instead are retreading on an old one, one's that Sony and Nintendo have developed before and I can't see how anyone who enjoy's the 360 would enjoy that tried and true experience.

I can never see a reason to have this weird obsession for a console, I can understand that a console can be a preference (the PS3 is mine), but to obsess over a company is pretty sad. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all have fan's that behave in that obsessive manner on this site, not that long ago the Sony fan's were the worst, Nintendo fan's even had their moment's and now I'm surprised to see more and more Microsoft fan's falling into that same category.

So, are the 360 crazies now replacing the Sony crazies?, is it just an after E3 effect?, is it due to the rare bad press that the 360 usually doesn't encounter in the gaming media?. What's your opinion on the whole thing?.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I think you are totally right on that one.

They're just disappointed in the MS conference. I don't overthink this stuff enough to believe there's a worse group, there's enough chode whackers* in both camps.

*I mean this in the nicest way possible.

/signed

at fanboys: Do you even understand that this is the way of casuality and you're even defending it and in the same sentence you'ree bashing the Wii?

The art is to look at things from a distance, look at it objectively, put away your fanboism and just think about it! I'm not going deeper into the discussion cuz flame would start again.

yes, they are. but it goes both ways. most sony/ms fans hated motion control, now they are all acting like its the next best thing. i for one hate motion control on all fronts, but kinect just looks like the worst of them all, cmon no controller? that is just lame imo. oh well, fanboys will be fanboys and praise their respective systems motion control even though they despised them for 4 years.

Around the Network
mtlca66 said:

yes, they are. but it goes both ways. most sony/ms fans hated motion control, now they are all acting like its the next best thing. i for one hate motion control on all fronts, but kinect just looks like the worst of them all, cmon no controller? that is just lame imo. oh well, fanboys will be fanboys and praise their respective systems motion control even though they despised them for 4 years.

That wasn't the point of what I wrote though, motion control's are fine and it's easy to fall for a new feature that your favourite console is getting, but to go batshit crazy over it for no reason is what make's it weird. I just hate when decent people turn into fanboys over stupid thing's.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

I think the crazy Sony fans are non-stop attacking Microsoft so the Microsoft defense force is in full swing.  Sony fans are no less crazy than usual.

Doobie_wop said:
mtlca66 said:

That wasn't the point of what I wrote though, motion control's are fine and it's easy to fall for a new feature that your favourite console is getting, but to go batshit crazy over it for no reason is what make's it weird. I just hate when decent people turn into fanboys over stupid thing's.

oh i know, but its funny how all these people who bashed wii or motion controls (ms and sony fans) are now motion control fans to the extreme.

voty2000 said:

I think the crazy Sony fans are non-stop attacking Microsoft so the Microsoft defense force is in full swing.  Sony fans are no less crazy than usual.

I disagree, I think that if anything I have seen more Nintendo fan's attack the 360 Press Conference. Posting thread's about thing's that  are being discussed in the gaming media isn't an attack. If Kotaku and IGN interview Greenberg about not being able to sit while using Kinnect, it's not the Sony fans fault that Microsoft made that mistake. If the new 360 Slim does scratch up disk's when moved, then it is something to be notified about. If the new 360 doesn't use the old hard drive, then that is not the fault of Sony fans. Reporting news isn't an attack, it's posting a thread with new information.

Agree, to all but "I just hate when decent people turn into fanboys over stupid thing's.". These people have never been decent, they're just quiet at times. But they're always going to be rage nerds.

*waiting for the usual faces to show up"