By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 360 crazies are starting to replace the Sony crazies on this site.

uh..... fanboys are always crazy in general, I have seen no changes at all, it's always the same people who are pro 360, and the same people who are pro sony, and happy nintendo people because they are winning on sales no matter what people say. but at least a lot of those sony fanboys actually agree on nintendo taking the show this year at e3, so they seem more logical at least, that's my observation anyways. Me? I wanna play Kirby, it looks really...... heart warming to me for some reason, shit's fucking cute as hell. I also want a 3DS really really bad, but that's about it.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
richardhutnik said:

I will say that members of the Microsoft Borg Collective talking about assimilating the masses is a change of pace from the normal Sony fanboyism.

Of course, I will say that the Yarners of the Cult of Epic Kirby haven't had a chance to have their say yet though.  And yes, this Cult MUST be heard.  Epic Yarn is just awesome.  To paraphrase a line from the Neo Geo song:

OK so we all know that Kirby's Epic Yarn  is the best thing to ever exist on the planet. That's obvious. If you were born then you know that. If you don't know that then you're technically not alive. So you might wanna get that checked out.

You spin a good yarn if I must say so myself.

I can't hold a candlewick to Kirby actually.  Everything remotely connected to string or clotho or yarn belongs to Kirby at this point, including a whole lot of bad puns, I REFUSE to make now, despite it gnawing at my gut to do so.

I am looking to start a Kirby Epic Yarn Brigade on here, as a bandwagon or whatever...

Well, since we're bringing up families.  My wife and 2 sons (12 & 6) can't wait for October to role around so we can get the Move.  As well as play games like EyePet, Sports Champions, The Fight, and eventually Sorcery.  I want to try out Heavy Rain with it, too. 

@ Hyruken

I believe he is talking about the EyeToy/PSEye.  Yes, they don't use the same tech.  But, on the same note, MS has yet to actually show a gaming experience that's so new and different from the ones those devices offered.  There really doesn't seem to be anything Kinect can do that the PSEye couldn't also do without the right software.  Which is one reason that Sony fans get so annoyed when MS and their supporters try to act like this whole gaming without a controller is so revolutionary, when Sony had been doing it for about 7 years now.  And there had been attempts at it even earlier than that on older consoles.

Attempting to analyze fanboy mentality only begets fanboy arguments.  Just look where this thread has gone in only two pages.  You're generalizing amorphous collections of people - undefined groups that will inevitably be viewed differently depending on who you ask.  Stuff like this serves little purpose besides starting arguments, and honestly, this stuff really pisses me off.*

Seriously, why do we have to talk about how ______ group is being hypocritical?  Or how ______ group is suddenly "crazier" than another?  It's silly.  Why can't we just talk about the games instead of having all this bickering between people that happen to prefer one console over another?

To use the example in the OP, so what if people claim their aunt/uncle/whatever thinks Kinect will be totally awesome.  If you perceive them to be biased based on their post history or whatever, take their comment with a grain of salt and move on.  You don't have to go all "omg fanboy!" on them, neither directly nor via threads like this.  Pigeonholing people like that can be quite offensive and it often leads to arguments, especially when you jump to conclusions about someone who DOES NOT have the post history to back it up (like that dude that jumped on CGI a few months back for supposedly being anti-Sony lol).  Of course, fanboys are often blind to the fact that they're fanboys, so it's not unusual for them to get offended even when the accusation is right on the money.

My general policy for posting is to debate with those that can be reasoned with and ignore those that can't.  Claiming someone's biased does nobody any good, and it certainly never leads to productive discussion.  Chances are if they are truly biased, anybody with half a brain will see it and ignore them anyway.  Either that or they'll get all offended and go "omg fanboy!" which, like I said, is not a wise thing to do.

So yeah, talking about fanboys on an open forum isn't a very good idea, as can be seen in this very thread.  As such, I am locking it.

*Really pissed off actually means I'm just really annoyed, as that's about as angry as I can get.  :P