By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: 3DS costs "ALOT MORE" to make than the DSi

Here in Sweden a HD game cost $75 at the very least what are you on about? Ds games are $55 or so.

Around the Network
mundus6 said:

Here in Sweden a HD game cost $75 at the very least what are you on about? Ds games are $55 or so.

I put a "plus" taxes in there but VGC removed my plus mark.

$60 plus 25% Swedish VAT is $75 for a HD game, yes.

VGC dont support the "plus" sign.

My guess is about 199 or 249.... with the current 169 Dsi they are making a huge profit, so maybe they don't need to loss money on lauch, they will just make much less profit.

Well, all I know is I am pre-ordering one and buying it at the launch date here in the US. I think Nintendo would be making a huge mistake pushing the 3DS into early 2011. If you want the publicity and holiday sales, then you launch it December 2010 in the US at the latest.

I'm not paying more than 200$. Sorry but no handheld is worth more than that.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Anything over $200 is just too much for a handheld, especially one lacking in productivity/utility features.

Qays said:

Anything over $200 is just too much for a handheld, especially one lacking in productivity/utility features.

How is it lacking features when it will have as good (if not better) graphics than PSP. Plus a touch pad, 3d screen and gyroscope as well as 2 cameras?`From my view its superior to PSP in every way and if its $200 dollars there is no reason what so ever (other than piracy) to even considering buying a PSP anymore, let alone a PSP-GO.

I called it here too.  I wonder what the 3DS won't cost any more than $150.00 at launch people think of this news.

This system could go from being the world beater a lot of them thought it was when announced to their new Virtual Boy or at least their new N64 / Gamecube with the wrong price. 

I think it's most likely that it will cost $250.00 with $50.00 games.  If it carries a $300.00 price tag at launch, then that would kill it as continued success and better / cheaper chips will allow Sony to have a new PS3 model out for about $199 (with blu-ray and a harddrive) by the time 3DS launches.

jarrod said:

It's going to be $199 for the system and $34-39 for games.  Budget games at $29 or less even maybe, not everything needs a 2GB card...

You've been making some of the intelligent posts in this thread Jarrod. People  need to start paying attention to what you've been saying.

mundus6 said:
Qays said:

How is it lacking features when it will have as good (if not better) graphics than PSP. Plus a touch pad, 3d screen and gyroscope as well as 2 cameras?`From my view its superior to PSP in every way and if its $200 dollars there is no reason what so ever (other than piracy) to even considering buying a PSP anymore, let alone a PSP-GO.

I didn't say it was lacking in graphics, it certainly isn't. I said it was lacking in productivity/utility features: email, internet, apps. The kind of stuff you'd find on an iPod/iPhone.

The 3DS is unambiguously superior to the PSP, but I don't really think that's a fair comparison. We don't know what Sony has in store for the PSP2 yet - everyone knows the PSP1 is on its last legs.

At $200 the 3DS is a great buy. That's only $30 more than the (ridiculously overpriced) DSi and the PSP itself, after all. But any higher and people will begin to ask themselves: why am I buying this instead of a home console or a smartphone?