By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - “There is absolutely a 10-year life cycle for PSP”, says Koller!

that aint good...

Around the Network

So.. all those games that are coming... are most of them ports from iphone games which are now called psp-mini's?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

not a chance in hell, i give the psp at best 2 years tops before its completely dead in the water in sales. most likely next year will be its last, because it will get really owned by the 3ds.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

RolStoppable said:
routsounmanman said:

1. X year plans are a joke. How long a platform will survive is solely up to support (both consumer & developer)

2. I've said it a million times already. The industry works on HYPE and MOMENTUM. When 3DS launches, noone will settle for a weaker platform (few settle for a higher spec HD platform due to Wii's momentum) like the PSP, or the DS for that matter. Both will die within a year from the launch of 3DS.

Keep dreaming. The DS won't be dead within a year. No way.

Like the GBA, right?  With the difference that actually 2009-2010 is being it for DS while for GBA it was 2004-2005, after the new console launch.

The PSP can survive for at least two more years...

... only in Japan and if the 3DS had massive shortages after its initial release.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
haxxiy said:
RolStoppable said:

Keep dreaming. The DS won't be dead within a year. No way.

Like the GBA, right?  With the difference that actually 2009-2010 is being it for DS while for GBA it was 2004-2005, after the new console launch.

Like the GBA, yes. It occasionally managed to outsell the PS3 in monthly sales in the USA in 2007. If you consider that dead, then it's clear that all the PS3 doom and gloom at that time was absolutely justified.

Just to clarify, by 'dead' I mean a fraction of current sales, irrelevant; so in DS numbers, <40k weekly in Americas and Europe, <15k in Japan.

RolStoppable said:
routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:

Like the GBA, yes. It occasionally managed to outsell the PS3 in monthly sales in the USA in 2007. If you consider that dead, then it's clear that all the PS3 doom and gloom at that time was absolutely justified.

Just to clarify, by 'dead' I mean a fraction of current sales, irrelevant; so in DS numbers, <40k weekly in Americas and Europe, <15k in Japan.

So basically weekly sales of about 100k units. That's what you consider dead.

Grade A stealth trolling.

Stop twisting my words to your malevolent ends.

You have to put things into perspective. 360 now selling above 100k will be considered a success due to 360 Slim. DS selling below 100k will be pathetic.

You made me mad now; you're lucky we aren't playing MKWii anymore; you'd be eating my dust once again.

PSP so far has great lineup of good games for end of 2010 and long into 2011.

This with great selection of budget titles (new series of 10 euro RRP games released recently) and low costs of portable programming will keep PSP alive till at least 2012. Possibly even longer.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

leo-j said:

drop it to $99 advertise its favorites line up ..

= lots of sales

but if they do it now,it will only last for another 2 years.they will save that price point for  next year or the 2012

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:

drop it to $99 advertise its favorites line up ..

= lots of sales

That is a pretty high price to pay for a PSP once the 3DS launches with BC, imho.

The competition just took things to a new level. A stale console with waning support is gonna get hurt by that.

Sony needs an answer to the 3DS now.

sony will have an answer for it next year

releasing PSP2 this year will kill PSP in 1 year and then prove SONY lied about their cycle