By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - “There is absolutely a 10-year life cycle for PSP”, says Koller!

drop it to $99 advertise its favorites line up ..

= lots of sales

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

= lots of sales

That is a pretty high price to pay for a PSP once the 3DS launches with BC, imho.

The competition just took things to a new level. A stale console with waning support is gonna get hurt by that.

Sony needs an answer to the 3DS now.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

how is that a high price to pay?  You think the 3DS is going to be $169? I believe the PSP can be a good answer to the 3DS.. and there is no waning support.. just because you don't care about the PSP doesn't mean it doesn't get supported.

mM
leo-j said:

= lots of sales

A low price doesn't guarantee lost of sales, there is always a moment in the market that no matter the price, you product won't sell anymore because there are better options and technologies. You can see this on TVs, Cellphones, Consoles and other media products.

If lowing the price always worked, the Gamecube would have sold millions and millions when it was $99 and it didn't sell that much.

leo-j said:

= lots of sales

That's been said numerous times, that price drop won't help PSP that much. They won't recoup lost revenues by selling significantly more units long-term, especially now.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

= lots of sales

It worked for this guy

lmao the PSP has the appeal for it.. its just sony stopped supporting it for a bit..

@alfredo

if the PSP is the dreamcast, then what is the 360? When the PSP outsells it ocassionally? You people need to stop trolling the psp for once.

mM

Ohhh!! I just figured out their secret weapon for the PSP...

All right everyone. Take out your $100 glasses.

The BuShA owns all!

@alfredo

if the PSP is the dreamcast, then what is the 360? When the PSP outsells it ocassionally? You people need to stop trolling the psp for once.

The Dreamcast outsold the N64 and Ps1 ocasionally too. It's not trolling but it's almost impossible to have a miracle for the PSP in America specially with Apple getting a big part of handhelds market.

well the dreamcast sold 11 million consoles.. and like less than 14 million games.. while the PSP has sold almost half a billion software and 60 million systems.. huge difference between the two.. idk why you even compare it to the PSP

mM