By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - “There is absolutely a 10-year life cycle for PSP”, says Koller!

lol at the 10 year plan.  4 years from now i'm sure we'll be seeing all kind of support.

the data isn't sketchy for dreamcast games, the data they have is fine but they are missing data for most of the games.  Tons of games have no data, some have only partial.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:

the data isn't sketchy for dreamcast games, the data they have is fine but they are missing data for most of the games.  Tons of games have no data, some have only partial.

Sorry, yeah, that is what I meant

I'm taking the numbers out of my a$$ but they are close to those estimates..

Maybe the PSP is closer to 300 mill.. but rounded up its HALF A BILL !

mM

It's a lie.

They are just waiting to see what tech is under the 3DS hood, in order to one up it later on. Before or at E3 next year, we will see/hear about PSP2 with 3D, motion controls and a touch screen or we will hear about Sony creating a new iPhone like device.

leo-j said:

?? No it's 161 mill, possibly 180 mill shipped, 200 mill if VGChartz is off (which I doubt they're that far off)

Around the Network
NoirSon said:

It's a lie.

They are just waiting to see what tech is under the 3DS hood, in order to one up it later on. Before or at E3 next year, we will see/hear about PSP2 with 3D, motion controls and a touch screen or we will hear about Sony creating a new iPhone like device.

the Xperia X 10 came out months ago in europe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zti5HpSvY8g

mM
leo-j said:

That is one big roundup.

Well I think this can be seen as both good news and bad news. The good thing about this ten year plan is that for people that do have PSP will still be getting support from Sony at least and the bad news is this could give Nintendo a huge head start with 3DS.

Imagine the fallout if Sony doesn't keep it's word this time.     

Well after checking all the 814 PSP games on VGChartz the grand total is 173.41 million units sold. An attach rate of 2.96

the point is why the hell are you even comparing it to the dreamcast?

mM
leo-j said:

the point is why the hell are you even comparing it to the dreamcast?

The same as talking about half billion games.