By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Fans owe me an apology about Kinect (Natal)

axumblade said:
hatmoza said:

I want an apology from the girl who stole my lunch in the 3rd grade!

I want an apology from the guy who said that I was the girl who stole his lunch in the 3rd Grade!

I want an apology from Rainbird for waiting until now to buy Braid.

OT: You're not getting any apologies before the final product launches. Move was in pretty bad shape three months ago, and look what they've managed to do in such a short period of time.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
axumblade said:
hatmoza said:

I want an apology from the girl who stole my lunch in the 3rd grade!

I want an apology from the guy who said that I was the girl who stole his lunch in the 3rd Grade!

I want an apology from Rainbird for waiting until now to buy Braid.

OT: You're not getting any apologies before the final product launches. Move was in pretty bad shape three months ago, and look what they've managed to do in such a short period of time.

I'm s...leeping with your mom. Conundrum? I think so.

I'm posting this again.

Standing Room Only
According to Microsoft, you can play some Kinect games sitting down. It "varies" by experience. However, several developers giving us demos have said the exact opposite. Sometimes the contradiction comes from the same person--one day telling us you have to be standing and then the next saying everything can be done while sitting.

Which is true? We don't know for certain, as we have not had the opportunity to play anything seated. Suffice to say, if you have to stand for every game (or for menu navigation), that's a big problem. This remains a concern until we ourselves can test out Kinect from our rear.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1099085p1.html

Now i'm sure your all going to say that this isn't the case and that its fixed but as of this moment its not and here is the article. MS had to respond to IGN's article so qucik it was silly just to try and kill the press.

IGN Article - In response to that article, Microsoft representatives reached out to IGN to clarify, saying we definitely will be able to sit while using Kinect. Representatives said they want to provide a comfortable, enjoyable experience for users and understand that people don't want to watch a movie standing up.

That's good to hear, but since we've only been able to use Kinect standing up so far it looks like Microsoft is still working on making it usable in the sitting position.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1099746p1.html

When your 4 months away from release on a product you've been working on for 2 years or more, wouldn't you have this detail hammered out. And where not even talking about how they don't want to release the price although several store sites have price listed as $150.   Example  Walmart and gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020055&loc=ntlalone

WHAT!

I am so so sorry... Lets kiss and make up... ~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
shock182 said:
jneul said:
dsister said:
jneul said:

Maybe because you have not been here that long, oh well, this thread failed I totally put it wrong, oh well if it makes you guys happy i will be banned again :P:P

yes, I do believe that would make me happy :)

thx1139 said:

I apologize for you being an idiot.

Very uncalled for...

Metallicube said:

Kinect and Move both look pretty bad at this point, but at least Sony is showing it is SOMEWHAT serious about Move support, despite the fact that they are blatantly copying Nintendo with the controller. They at least have some core games that use it that should be quality, though their casual games seem to be, as Malstrom would  call them, "Birdmen" games.

MS on the other hand doesn't seem to be taking its her peripheral seriously, as they are litterally copying every hit Wii game in the book, and in a half assed manner. Nobody is going to want to play a cheap Wii Sports immitator for twice the price, a crappy Star Wars on rails game, or stand up and steer a fake wheel in Joy Ride, which looks like one of the most bland games ever. Kinect is going to bomb, BIG TIME.

Microsoft is taking it very seriously.  Besides Sorcery I can't think of one "core"(and I use that lightly) game that takes full advantage of the move controller. Where as Microsoft has a Star Wars game That takes full advantage of Kinect.

we all know you secretly love me :P:P:P

also star wars game was also a fail on the demo, another smoke and mirrors, it was a nice concept tho;)

do you want me to post that link too??

They flat out said it was prerecorded during their press confrence. It is a game in development and this is footage from that game. At no time did they say anyone was playing a demo.

THAT is the scene people are making a BIG deal about?  THAT thing?  Yes, it is prerecorded.  But, you know what I see?  I see that an arm motion is started by the actor FIRST, and then the screen follows it to completion and the actor's hand follows up.  That is what I see.   It does map well.

Consider this in contrast to my playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii.  Here i am, I have an itch, and move my arm up to scratch.  The Wii interprets this as a spin and the flip blocks area flip and I fall to my doom.

How about people start playing games more and knock off with this fanboy garbage?  If this continues then fanboys who are wasting MY time are going to owe me an apology for being time sinks.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

THAT is the scene people are making a BIG deal about?  THAT thing?  Yes, it is prerecorded.  But, you know what I see?  I see that an arm motion is started by the actor FIRST, and then the screen follows it to completion and the actor's hand follows up.  That is what I see.   It does map well.

Wait wait wait. I hope I misunderstood something, because to me, you just said that it was prerecorded, and then went on to defend it as a showcase for Kinect.

Am I wrong?

It's more like MS fans who deserve an apology from MS for their poor showing at E3.

Where are the games ? Do they really think their young shooter fans will suddenly play dance parties and Kinectimals ?

Give me a break.

1.  Begging for an apology?  Really?  Really??

2.  Begging for an apology concerning an argument about the final specs of an as of yet unreleased product???

Given the sheer amount of reports this thread has generated and the fact that most of what this thread has to go on is speculation, scattered reports, and generally low reliability information I'm locking it for now.

A thread taking a more constructive approach to discussing the functionality and precision of this technology would be fine, but this "I told you so" OP has set the wrong tone for that to occur here.

Locked.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Ahh Sqrl you just unlocked it...

Former something....