By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Fans owe me an apology about Kinect (Natal)

M$ fans don't give up. It's like how Christians are so deeply involved in it you can't change their mind. There can be other, better stuff, yet they still think whatever the shit M$ spews out is good.

Around the Network
dsister said:
jneul said:

Maybe because you have not been here that long, oh well, this thread failed I totally put it wrong, oh well if it makes you guys happy i will be banned again :P:P

yes, I do believe that would make me happy :)

thx1139 said:

I apologize for you being an idiot.

Very uncalled for...

Metallicube said:

Kinect and Move both look pretty bad at this point, but at least Sony is showing it is SOMEWHAT serious about Move support, despite the fact that they are blatantly copying Nintendo with the controller. They at least have some core games that use it that should be quality, though their casual games seem to be, as Malstrom would  call them, "Birdmen" games.

MS on the other hand doesn't seem to be taking its her peripheral seriously, as they are litterally copying every hit Wii game in the book, and in a half assed manner. Nobody is going to want to play a cheap Wii Sports immitator for twice the price, a crappy Star Wars on rails game, or stand up and steer a fake wheel in Joy Ride, which looks like one of the most bland games ever. Kinect is going to bomb, BIG TIME.

Microsoft is taking it very seriously.  Besides Sorcery I can't think of one "core"(and I use that lightly) game that takes full advantage of the move controller. Where as Microsoft has a Star Wars game That takes full advantage of Kinect.

we all know you secretly love me :P:P:P

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

BHR-3 said:

also you guys are going to be surprised if you think kinect will be much better in just 5 months than it was a couple of days ago

How do you know what will change between now and launch? How will the games change? Sony's Move games have improved noticably since GDC, why shouldn't the same happen for these games? We don't even know if it's the games or if it's Kinect.

jneul's sentiment is the same as saying you've run a marathon when you're only halfway towards the goal.

LoveGenie said:

M$ fans don't give up. It's like how Christians are so deeply involved in it you can't change their mind. There can be other, better stuff, yet they still think whatever the shit M$ spews out is good.

Same can be said for Sony fans

Same can be said for Nintendo fans

Same can be said for PC fans

Same can be said for Steeler fans

ect...

jneul said:
dsister said:
jneul said:

Maybe because you have not been here that long, oh well, this thread failed I totally put it wrong, oh well if it makes you guys happy i will be banned again :P:P

yes, I do believe that would make me happy :)

thx1139 said:

I apologize for you being an idiot.

Very uncalled for...

Metallicube said:

Kinect and Move both look pretty bad at this point, but at least Sony is showing it is SOMEWHAT serious about Move support, despite the fact that they are blatantly copying Nintendo with the controller. They at least have some core games that use it that should be quality, though their casual games seem to be, as Malstrom would  call them, "Birdmen" games.

MS on the other hand doesn't seem to be taking its her peripheral seriously, as they are litterally copying every hit Wii game in the book, and in a half assed manner. Nobody is going to want to play a cheap Wii Sports immitator for twice the price, a crappy Star Wars on rails game, or stand up and steer a fake wheel in Joy Ride, which looks like one of the most bland games ever. Kinect is going to bomb, BIG TIME.

Microsoft is taking it very seriously.  Besides Sorcery I can't think of one "core"(and I use that lightly) game that takes full advantage of the move controller. Where as Microsoft has a Star Wars game That takes full advantage of Kinect.

we all know you secretly love me :P:P:P

also star wars game was also a fail on the demo, another smoke and mirrors, it was a nice concept tho;)

do you want me to post that link too??

They flat out said it was prerecorded during their press confrence. It is a game in development and this is footage from that game. At no time did they say anyone was playing a demo.

Around the Network

jneul im with you on this one.  The idea of kinect was to make gaming more accessible to casual gamers, however the kinect is starting to seem like it's going to need a 100 page manual to operate it properly

There have been 3 items that have caused an uproar.

MS during the Kinect event on Sunday used recordings with actors during a entertainment event. Nothing to deny thier. It was a show and not a demo.

Some say that during the Press Conference on Monday MS used a recording for Forza demo.  Dont know if it was a recording or not.  Fact is that on the show floor press and other attendees got to try the same demo and it worked. Similiar thing could be said about the Star Wars trailer where an actor was in front of the screen. Nothing in that trailer would be difficult for the Kinect to track and work.

Some press assumed that because all the games/demos that you could try were only setup for people to stand that Kinect would not be able to be used while sitting down.  Although they have allowed people in the past to sit and have stated even today you will be able to sit for games that would work with sitting (sorry the hurdles game and the dance games, etc. require you to be on your feet) people just say they are lying.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

FANBOYISM: The collective outlook and behavior of a group of people concerning a
subject, which when challenged results in an antagonistic, passionate,
and unreasoned response.

One of the previews for the Kinetic games says it recognizes if you don't go all the way down for a pushup, which isn't too far off the ground. Also, isn't there one of these games with yoga in it? I still don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with people sitting down.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

eggs2see said:

jneul im with you on this one.  The idea of kinect was to make gaming more accessible to casual gamers, however the kinect is starting to seem like it's going to need a 100 page manual to operate it properly

In what way has it been complicated?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.