By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Shows Why PS3 Is King Of Exclusives

Serious_frusting said:
BHR-3 said:

1 this site is gettin on my nerves with posting vids up it used to be so easy

2 "Sony blew Microsoft and Nintendo right out of the water with the sheer number of exclusive games (that target the core gamer) announced"

i didnt watch any conference just a little of MS and Sonys how many exclusives did Nintendo announce for Wii and MS for 360?  Theres also a few more Sony exclusives for the Move that are not included on the list

Mate put it this way. If nintendo catered to the hardcore any more then what they did at E3 then they would be killing people on the stage as sacrafices

See that's the problem. Too many kids like him think 'core' means it must be rated 'M' and be as realistic looking as possible.

Around the Network

Quality>Quantity, and here is where Nintendo shines. Even the best developers in the world don't hold a candle to the quality of Nintendo games.

M$ has alot of core exclusives coming as well. 

They just went for the casual gamer this E3. They didnt have time to show their others. 

As a Hardcore gamer it's easy to see why M$ had a poor conference. But from a business perspective ( which was there aim this E3 ) they had to sell Kinect to the casuals. Thats what they did. The games may appear kiddy, and casual crap to us. But the reality is they nailed the right games for Kinect to succeed. They want a piece of Wii's pie. 

Dont forget core wise M$ has

Gears 3

Halo Reach

Fable 3

Crackdown 2

Forza challenge

Cryteks Kingdoms

Exclusive timed on COD DLC for 3 years.

Decco

And that was in the conference. 

There is more on top. At the show, but not in the conference.

RAZurrection said:

That's 7 games fellow, including one also on PC

Microsoft had

Gears of War 3

Halo Reach

Crackdown 2

Fable III (also on PC)

Kingdom

Forza Motorsports 4

Milo & Kate

Plus 16 Kinect games

Sony has 31 games for Move launch alone, plus about 5 other big titles like Twisted Metal and InFamous.

Forza 4 hasn't been announced. That was F3 with connect.

Point is?

Huh.   So there's seven exclusives listed above, five of which we already knew about, one of which has been promised every year since the PS3 was announced.

Nintendo had like a billion exclusives, many of which were brand new announcements.

Microsoft had just 4, with one so far off we know very little (Crytek - Codename:Kingdoms)  but oh by the way, those top three?  Fable 2 - 3.6 million units.  Halo 3 - 11 million units.  Gears 2 - 5.8 million units.

Twisted Metal has sold 8 million total across 6 titles.  All of SOCOM's games combined barely sold more than Halo 3 alone.  These are hardly the Zeldas and Halos of the world.

While I personally can't wait for Infamous 2 and LBP2, to say that Sony blew the others away in this area is just boring fanboyism.  Nice for the core PS3 owners.  Moves next to zero consoles outside of the long overdue/awaited GT5.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

I love how you said that Nintendo just had rehashed junk after listing six exclusives and one original game.

Love and tolerate.

Warning: This doesnt mean i hate the ps3, 360 or wii, well maybe wii because had it and got bored so fast xD but thats another story xD (i loved brawl and super mario galaxy btw).

i think that both sony and microsoft sucked this e3, sony has the best line up we all know about it, still they didnt show anything new we all knew about their product before the show and who didnt see kz3 getting move support.... and MS man... kinect sucks balls, maybe for a media thing its impresive, but for gaming at least the games are a real dissapointment..., maybe i can give MS credit because they have crytek now making an exclusive and man gears of war 3 looks sick, still not much there too and mm the redesign console was ok.

Finally the wii... mm pretty standar i wasnt really impressed by zelda (dont get me wrong is my favourite franchise) and well Donkey kong thats nice =) still got to see more about it.

What really blew me away was the 3DS, i havent had any portable since the gameboy color (not counting my ipod touch) but i might get the 3ds, the library is so awesome, i think its a huge step forward from the DS

So the only one i can congrat is nintendo for the 3DS  and some games from sony and ms but really not that many =)!!

selnor said:

M$ has alot of core exclusives coming as well. 

They just went for the casual gamer this E3. They didnt have time to show their others. 

As a Hardcore gamer it's easy to see why M$ had a poor conference. But from a business perspective ( which was there aim this E3 ) they had to sell Kinect to the casuals. Thats what they did. The games may appear kiddy, and casual crap to us. But the reality is they nailed the right games for Kinect to succeed. They want a piece of Wii's pie. 

Dont forget core wise M$ has

Gears 3 Great

Halo Reach Great

Fable 3 Great

Crackdown 2 Great

Forza challenge Ok

Cryteks Kingdoms Same situation as Agent, too far off to be important

Exclusive timed on COD DLC for 3 years. Sony has surprisingly won out here with 4 odd big titles with exclusive content.

Decco  Huh

And that was in the conference. 

There is more on top. At the show, but not in the conference.

There's not much core MS stuff, or Kinect stuff tbh. They need more studios.

In all honesty though, most of the Xbox userbase will be satisfied with COD and Halo alone.

superchunk said:
Serious_frusting said:
BHR-3 said:

1 this site is gettin on my nerves with posting vids up it used to be so easy

2 "Sony blew Microsoft and Nintendo right out of the water with the sheer number of exclusive games (that target the core gamer) announced"

i didnt watch any conference just a little of MS and Sonys how many exclusives did Nintendo announce for Wii and MS for 360?  Theres also a few more Sony exclusives for the Move that are not included on the list

Mate put it this way. If nintendo catered to the hardcore any more then what they did at E3 then they would be killing people on the stage as sacrafices

See that's the problem. Too many kids like him think 'core' means it must be rated 'M' and be as realistic looking as possible.

I call anything core that isnt casual. AKA party games.

I just put it like that just to show how "hardcore" Nintendo was

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Think Nintendo blew Sony away, honestly, there wasn't a single thing to me that was a surprise that wasn't just as valid to another console, lol. Showcasing multiplats.....and showing known games is not big news....and 3DS ROCKED, so did those new Nintendo games.  I was very unimpressed with Sony and MS.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.