By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

Nintendo 636 64.77%

Sony 286 29.12%

Microsoft 60 6.11%

Total:982

Nintendo did good, but most of their style games are not my style.

LBP2 wins it alone by its ability to create anything.Finally, Twisted Metal PS3! PS3 did the best for me.

Donkey Kong Wii looks exactly as it did on the N64, still fun. The 3DS sounds cool, but when I'm not in my house real life is better than games, so I'll stick to consoles.

Microsoft only gave me great games I already knew about, and Kinect didn't show anything that would appeal to me other than it get fatasses off the couch.

Overall, E3 was great, now off to summer college. PEACE!!!

Around the Network

Nintendo by a nautical mile.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Nintendo won easily. The 3DS pretty much stole this year's E3, as it's a very interesting new piece of hardware and is something that could really take off. Kinect and Move, while not terrible, both reeked of "been there, done that" and after watching both their presentations, it's easy to see what Microsoft and Sony are going to do with them.

And that's not even mentioning the software. Nintendo revealed revivals of three franchises that haven't seen a proper installment in years, officially showed a Goldeneye remake, and then even dared to open their show with Zelda Wii (technical difficulties and disappointing delay aside). I was pretty much crapping bricks of excitement nonstop.

This will be so one sided, it won't even be funny

Nintendo. By. A. Long. Shot.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

nintendo won E3 just with the 3DS but Sony did very well in taking the Move toward more Core game experiences which some were worried about. also pricing the Move was pretty good, and showing some great capabilities that the move can add to core gaming experiences. Microsoft had a good show about what Kinect can do and the new design of the XBOX360 is pretty good In my Opinion.

all 3 did good this E3 . but for my take

1st Nintendo

2nd Sony

3rd  Microsoft

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

Microsoft- 3.9  I only liked Dance Central. Everything else was questionable and I knew about their conference before I saw it. Extra fail from Rare is especially harming. Just rip-offs of Nintendo.

Nintendo- 9.5 The 3DS is beyond amazing. Only hampers were no 3DS price, Zelda technical difficulties and the 2011 release, and Vitality no show. However, the games kept coming and they surprised me, exceeding every expectation. Also, there are games we know of coming that Ninty failed to mention (Xenoblade, The Last Story). Plus, Epic Mickey is actually a beautiful game. WIN WIN WIN

Sony- 6.1 I knew about almost everything that was coming. Sorcery was good. Too much talking and Kevin Butler made me stop watching it briefly. Twisted Metal is good, but we knew about it earlier. No PSP2 is a GIGANTIC Sony error and no Team Ico game (what I wanted to see the most)  is a huge letdown. Watching people put on 3D glasses just after Nintendo made them unnecessary for gaming was too much. Killzone 3 ran too long.

Overall Nintendo proved doubters wrong, MS proved that Kinect isn't going places, and the motion control war and handheld arena is something Sony will not succeed in for years to come.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft.

Nintendo- 9/10

This was brilliant. They showed loads of gameplay footage (exclusive gameplay footage), the 3DS description was a little wordy but still very good, and ZELDA and GOLDENEYE.

Sony- 7/10

The big shock here was the lack of Last Guardian. Too much time was devoted to Move, and there really should have been more about exclusives. On the other hand, KZ3 and LBP2 had some nice footage. Sorcery looks very interesting. Kevin Butler and Gabe Newell. Twisted Metal. PSN is affordable and free for three months. So, it wasn't all bad.

Microsoft- 5/10

Pretty much everything they showed for Kinect was a Wii rip-off. And most of it looked pretty ridiculous. Pretty much the entire conference was devoted to Kinect. But the 360 Slim was good. The Halo: Reach trailer was pretty decent. Most of the core games were pretty good. There was just hardly any of them.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Come on... this year this is too unfair...

Nintendo, of course!

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Nintendo blew everyone away.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash