By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

Nintendo 636 64.77%

Sony 286 29.12%

Microsoft 60 6.11%

Total:982

err E3's not over guys, we still got 2 days of stuff to bring you!

Around the Network

Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft.

Nintendo owned MS and Sony this year no questions about it.

1) Nintendo - 3DS, Epic Micky, Donkey Kong Country, MGS Snake Eater 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Dead or Alive 3D, Street Fighter 3D. Do I need to say more or should I keep going?

2) Sony - Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Twisted Metal, Portal 2, Gran Turismo 5, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer Exclusive Beta

3) Halo Reach, Gears of War 3, MGS Rising

Basically,

Nintendo is a 9.5/10 because The Last Story wasn't shown and Epic Mickey was only a teaser but still an awesome one.

Sony 8/10 Because no Resistance 3, Agent and Versus XIII

MS 5/10 because Halo, Gears and Rising.

frankly i thinksony won 2011 LOL

Nintendo won 2010 thanks to Goldeneye releasing this year etc...

but sony totally went all out for 2011 with twisted metal , Killzone 3 ,  Infamous 2 , PS Move games etc...

and time crisis razing storm looks amazing!!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

If Sony didn't announced all of their titles before E3, they could probably steal the show from Nintendo. Nintendo brought 10 exclusive games for their platform, Sony brought more, but they didn't have the spotlight thanks to the stupid montage. Wii had 6 games, PS3 7 but it wasn't presented in the way so that people would realize that. Content wise both conferences were similar, but 3DS is more interesting piece of hardware than Move. The show itself was pretty equal (due to Nintendo's fuckup on Zelda presentation) but overall I have to hand it to Nintendo this year.

Sony close second.

Microsoft distant third.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

Nintendo by an absolute mile.

Any thought I had of maybe buying a PS3 has been blown away by the 3DS and that line-up.

How much is Nintendo stock going for these days?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

LordMatrix said:

Sony is always boring plus thier arrogance shows through at each and every E3 conf. and it disgust me I lost count how many times they were knocking Microsft & Nintendo during their presentation and they did it WAY worse this time than they usually do.

Couldn't agree more on this.  Focus on your own product.  Just keeps bringing to mind how Nintendo was not competition to them and gimmicky.  And now they try to follow that path.  And the repetition of "Sony's innovation" was just hard to swallow.  I rate the shows as…

Nintendo > Sony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MS

MS started strong and just went downhill.  Can't say anything else on that one.  Except the demos of movie playback and facebook were cool.  But the demo people looked like statues.  No hand movement at all while talking…just hands down at side.  Wonder what happens when you talk and move your hands around while making selections?

Sony, while disgusting with the arrogance, had a neat showing with KB on stage (which was funny to watch and hear) and the Twisted Metal just looked incredibly awesome to me.  Sorcery looked cool and don't see why it can't work on Wii. LBP2 looked really cool.  But the move was just a rehash of 2006 for me.  It's already been done.  And it was weird to see people excited about putting on their glasses to watch 3D after Nintendo showed that NO GLASSES are REQUIRED for 3D.  And the Move is for Hardcore?!?  The wiimote works the same.  It's just white and doesn't have a glowing ball.  Saw nothing in those ad videos that sets apart the Move from Wii.  Except $60 for a $40 wiimote and $30 for a $20 knunchuck.  But move does have the motion plus already built in but isn't Nintendo's wiimotes $40 still with a motion plus?

Nintendo wins for me with the focus on gaming, no attacks on others (actually recognized the fact that ALL gaming is moving forward with different focuses), and great surprises for games.  Definitely not excited about Kirby though but was never into that one.  3DS didn't even matter to me since I don't game on a handheld (my kid does), but if I had to buy a new 3D TV, I want Nintendo to make it.  I don't want a Bravo (even though my entertainment system is all Sony except for the TV).  I don't want to wear glasses for a movie.  I hate going to watch 3D movies anyway.  Hope Toy Story 3 movie shows somewhere in regular format.

EDIT:  If that Cammie lady was there again, then I would have rated this Sony>MS>Ninty (can't stand her)

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

starcraft said:

The Sony conference was far more interesting than the Microsoft one, mainly due to Kevin.

But in terms of impact on the market and games demonstration, to argue that the Sony conference was better than the Microsoft one is a bit ridiculous.

I can agree on the market impact, as the Xbox 360 S, even if I don't like the design, should boost 360 sales quite a bit. But in terms of game demonstrations? I beg to differ. Niether Kinect nor Move showed anything spectacular. Gears 3, gameplay-wise, looks almost exactly the same as 2 (Killzone 3 as well apart from the jetpack sequence). Not that I won't get them, but neither showing was amazing. Halo: Reach looks nice, but Microsoft's best showing, IMO, was MGS: Rising, and that's on PS3 as well. Sony's best showing was Twisted Metal. We all expected it, but honestly, the online aspect just blew me away.

Subjectively, I'm surprised to see people saying Microsoft had a better show than Sony. But it's their opinion, and they're entitled to it. You should show some respect for people's opinions as well.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Nintendo first, Sony close second : Sony had more interesting content for me, but the conference was too long, it lacked rythm. Plus, why did they reveal most games BEFORE E3 ? Had they made it a bit shorter and kept LBP2 / motorstorm / Infamous 2 reveals, it was a win... Right there, Nintendo wins it.

MS... just lol. Pathetic.

Nintendo Won Easily.

How are people voting for ms?