By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

Nintendo 636 64.77%

Sony 286 29.12%

Microsoft 60 6.11%

Total:982
WarmachineX said:
radishhead said:

How come sony has so many votes?

They shouldn't get a single vote.

ditto. its just the fanboys that wont admit defeat. At least MS has a new slim model, sony has yet to give me a reason to buy a ps3...Im just waiting and waiting cuz there is a small part of me that just wants all 3 systems.

LOL!!

You shud tell that to the hardcore MS fannies still pretending that MS delivered with all the hype using their pre rendered BS.

PEW! PEW! PEW!

Even I admit that Nintendo had the best showing out of the 3 companies.

Around the Network

Ok wtf is e3 over?Aren't there more days to it?

darthdevidem01 said:
iamglimmerman said:

Sony>>>> Nintendo>>>>>>>...

Twisted Metal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zelda

Twisted Metal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Metroid

Twisted Metal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

...>>> Microsoft

DOnkey Kong COuntry >>>>>> Twisted Metal

lol

LMAO for real.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

1. Nintendo

2. MS

3. EA

4. Ubisoft

5. Sony

sonys conference was like last years Ubisoft when Cameron was talking for about 3/4 of the whole god damn thing after what Nintendo showed.

1st hour:

best part(or more like enjoyable): 5 seconds of Time Crysis, 10 seconds of 3rd Birthday, Kevin Butler and Marcus stunt.

worst part: "blah blah blah our 3D is awesome blah blah blah" without getting the fact that Nintendo just showed 3DS with 3D effect simillar to Avatar without glasses and without any problem with moving the handheld unlike ps3s 3D when you have to sit right in front of tv all the time. Move demos that sucked donkey balls(especially considering that Sports Champions require both stick for one player to work properly), Move pricing, Move launch titles(and people really were bitching about MS games, REALLY), Tiger Woods 11 on ps3 doesn't even have the ability to change trajectory of the ball while hitting it like Tiger Woods 10 on the wii nor the additional content of the wii version it's just normal HD version of Tiger Woods 11 with tackled on Move.

2nd hour:

best part: announcement of Twisted Metal, finally we're getting GT5, Dead Space Extraction on the Dead Space 2 disc, final announcement of Portal 2, LBP2.

worst part: Twisted Metal(looked buggy as hell, graphics was bad and when the building were falling down i saw the exact same animation 4 years ago, in EDF2017),Playstation Plus - lol, to keep all those "freebies" you have to pay those 50$ all the friggin time(you won't pay or you will be late for one day and you're losing everything and can't get the same freebies you had back for free anymore).

Nintendo pulled off one of the best in years, I can't think of any other E3 by any other party including Nintendo in recent memory which would have topped theirs without a shred of doubt. It is amongst the top E3 performances of all time as far as im concerned.

After that its Microsoft > Sony because:

Sony:

Much of their conference was pre-owned by Nintendo before it even started. 3D and the PSP were in my mind completely overshadowed by the 3DS.

Three key games: Killzone 3, Infamous 2 and LBP 2 in my mind look less interesting than their previous incarnations. Killzone 3 didn't seem to flow as a game nearly as well as some of the top tier games like Gears of War, Call of Duty 4 etc they still don't seem to have captured that magic. Infamous 2's change in art direction/style didn't sit as well with me as the original and LBP 2 in the quest for UGC seemed to lose the charm and magic of the first and it seemed to become a little bland like an unpainted box outside of its UGC. Im not counting them against Sony, im just explaining why im not counting them as much towards the overall performance as you might expect.

On the bright side, GT5 looked great. Sorcery looked quite cool but it seemed a little skitso for its target market, too complicated for kids and not appealing enough for adults and it had a 2011 release date. Twisted Metal looked truly excellent though not my kind of game and it was probably the apex of their show. Socom 4 was a really tight game although im hesitant to call it huge given the fact that MAG is currently not doing so hot.

The Move controller didn't really do it for me at all. Its expensive for what little they have shown of it actually adding to games. Beyond Wii controls with Wii game clones and tacked on core games im not so sure of it. There are a few good examples here and there but nothing which currently justifies the $150, $180, $100 price tag depending on who you ask.

Microsoft:

To be honest the core games were pretty solid but nothing earth shattering. Just repeating pretty much what we already know but in respect to the fact they represent the top 3 Microsoft core franchises it deserves some respect. Where Microsoft beat out was Kinect, Kinect software and services. If Move is around the same price then Kinect on its own cannot be considered expensive relative to Sony's offering. So therefore it has to be credited or discredited by what they showed.

The clearest win for Microsoft here was Kinect ESPN Zune pass. Since these consoles are truly generalist home entertainment devices it is very important in the overall scheme that they beefed up these services in a compelling way which is exclusive entirely to the Xbox 360. Sony does not and will not have an equivalent in this area for the remainder of the generation most likely.

Next was the fact they unveiled new hardware and somehow had managed to keep it a secret that it was releasing now right up until the conference. WiFi, slimmer, HDD size, price cut, noise. They really improved the Xbox 360s overall value so that definately counts.

Finally the three games of importance were Kinectimals, Dance game (lol name?) and the fitness game. All three are games which take advantage of Kinects unique interface and they all look extremely polished and likely to appeal very strongly to their target markets. Even if they resemble some of the other games on other systems they are completely unique to the Xbox 360 because they don't directly copy anything out there on the market. The fitness game was a particularly good example of Kinects ability to perform in a completely new way and its ability to target as of yet untapped markets which was the point of the interfaces in the first place.

Tease.

Around the Network

Nintendo - 9.3/10

Sony - 7.8/10

Microsoft - 6.4/10

Nintendo's had obvioulsy the most punch and content. Not much I look forward for my Wii in the foreseeble future, and the Zelda reveal was basically a by-the-numbers Zelda 3D with motionplus adn little meaty content. But the 3DS looked like it had a great lineup planned and preempted the PSP2 on all fronts.

Sony's was grey and dull and boring, and I learned nothing about The Last Guardian. Too much on 3D and the move lineup still reeked of tech demos. I really hope that devs will make something of it very soon.

MS's was glitzy and dull and silly. The obvious applications of the controller as revealed one year ago were hand gestures, dance and physical activity games,  on-rails shooting/sword fighting. I got those, and not a glimpse of creativity beyond those.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Nintendo obviously. Not only they provided a Zelda game I'm looking forward to, but also tons of surprises. Kirby, Donkey Kong and even Kid Icarus! The 3DS looks like it's going to be a great upgrade to the DS and it already has an amazing lineup for it. I can't wait to get it!

MS and Sony were about the same to me. Both quite uninteresting.

The Sony conference was far more interesting than the Microsoft one, mainly due to Kevin.

But in terms of impact on the market and games demonstration, to argue that the Sony conference was better than the Microsoft one is a bit ridiculous.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Nintendo>>>>>Sony>>EA>Microsoft>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ubisoft>Homeless dude outside convention center's poetry.

This chart above represents my thoughts on e3 so far. And i am in no way a nintendo fanboy but man that conference was brimming to the top with game after game after game.

"even a dead god still dreams"