By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

Nintendo 636 64.77%

Sony 286 29.12%

Microsoft 60 6.11%

Total:982

Common people admit it, we all knew DK Country stole the show. I literally hoped off my couch.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

Nintendo had the best E3 conference in years. I didn't get the chance to see Microsoft's conference but I thought Sony's conference was ok. I was never a fan of Twisted Metal so the announcement of a new game for the PS3 didn't get me that excited. I thought it was great how Nintendo didn't waste any time and opened their conference with Legend of Zelda trailer. The gameplay was pretty good. It looks as if developers went old school a bit when it came to the setting. Nintendo 3DS presentation was great but I want to read more information on the handheld before I buy it. I usually don't buy handhelds or consoles right away.

The LoZ problems were hilarious, but the 3DS stole the show. No news about that vitality sensor, also I noticed very few clapped at Wii Party....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Normally I'm a Sony fan, but Nintendo rocked! Donkey Kong Country was one of my fave games on snes and it looks fantastic in this new iteration. I might just have to get my 3rd Wii game lol! The rest of the Wii games looked great, too, even though I'm probably not going to get them. And the 3DS... Holy crap! MGS3 and Kingdom Hearts in 3D??? GAME OVER!

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

Nintendo all the way,Wii set to dominate for...ever.and for all those people who said no...Kid Icarus!

Around the Network

Nintendo got it on all fronts, this time, in terms of presentation/hype, of actual announced software (where if we start counting in the 3rd party 3DS stuff, they've announced more than they did in the last 3 E3's combined), and in terms of industry-relevant projects (e.g. stuff that's gonna sell). Nintendo optimized their hand this year, too. They got rid of Cammie, and took advantage of the fact that their executives are more recognizable as personalities (with that video where Shiggy and Iwata get sucked into the 3DS). The only 3rd party game that shouldn't have been there was probably Just Dance, just because i don't think that game will do well. The on-stage fumbles in the Zelda presentation definitely hurt, and right at the beginning too, but they were fortunately proven false, so it's balancing a little.

You really knew they nailed it when they showed those 8 games on the screen, 6 of which were new reveals.

They were really laser-focused this time, i think. They spent little enough time on sales, and actually segued that into Wii Party anyway.

Sony's dragged on forever, which is odd, because they really picked up at the end with Butler's speech, Newell & Portal, Gran Turismo, and Twisted Metal, but they had too many damn montages, and that PGA section was just painful. Sony also gets props for that Jak/Ratchet/Sly crossover. Sony also spent too much time on non-exclusive stuff. That section of EA stuff should mostly have stayed in the EA conference.

Microsoft, though. Wow. Between the staged Kinect junk which they should have done at the earlier Kinect-specific show, the badly scripted Kinect stuff, and the fact that there was only 1 non-Kinect new reveal, the Crytek game, which came in the form of a trailer that didn't even look like gameplay, they really fell apart, which is odd for them, as they're usually at least at the top of their game in terms of presentation, even if their content is lacking. Microsoft just blew it all.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

From Zelda, to Donkey Kong, to Kirby, to the surprise Kid Icarus, to the 3DS showing. I'm going to have to vote for Nintendo, with Sony in second and Microsoft in last.

How technical is your game?

Nintendo.

3DS looks amazing, and I can't believe how much 3rd party support is already lined up for it.

And, of course, Zelda Wii is nothing to sneeze at.

Sony>>>> Nintendo>>>>>>>...

Twisted Metal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zelda

Twisted Metal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Metroid

Twisted Metal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

...>>> Microsoft

Nintendo, Sony and then you have Microsoft which kinda took a nose dive and never resurfaced.

It's obvious why Nintendo won, but are people seriously choosing Microsoft over Sony? I can count like 15 great announcements that happened for Sony and can only think of like 5 decent one's for Microsoft.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752