By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

Nintendo 636 64.77%

Sony 286 29.12%

Microsoft 60 6.11%

Total:982

I love Sony slightly more than Nintendo, but lets be real, Nintendo was just too awesome this E3.

Around the Network

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

The conferences are over, E3 isn't over. Today is the final day.

huaxiong90 said:
wiifan75 said:
LordMatrix said:

Sony is always boring plus thier arrogance shows through at each and every E3 conf. and it disgust me I lost count how many times they were knocking Microsft & Nintendo during their presentation and they did it WAY worse this time than they usually do.

Couldn't agree more on this.  Focus on your own product.  Just keeps bringing to mind how Nintendo was not competition to them and gimmicky.  And now they try to follow that path.

To be honest, what really got on my nerves was their talk of the PSP being the "choice for gamers". I mean, the DS put the PSP's sales to shame. And on top of that, the 3DS has one crazy line-up, and it proved 3D doesn't require glasses. They should've brought forward the PSP2. I was honestly about to turn off the PC and go to sleep had it not been for their PS3 game showing.

and do what..loose more money?

look I like the PSP just as much as some gamer's, but the blunt truth of the matter no matter what Sony does wiith the PSP no one is going to be happy at this point in my opinion..

they removed the UMD...when many gamer's cry for them to get rid of it..than when they did many of those same gamer's than said you need two analog stick's..what next?

the price was too high

the DS is killing it in the market

now the 3DS is going to dreamcast the PSP

between the media and the forum's many gamer's have pretty much left the PSP out in the cold.

Sony is doing the smart thing Nintendo is pretty well entrenched in the "dedicated handheld gaming device"

Sony is most likely looking at the Smartphone market because there can be many other Smartphone's and at least you can gain a good share of the market without being completely lambasted in the media an forum's.

Sony know's they can keep support for the PSP's they have now but I think they know it's time to move the PSP in another direction.

I do not blame them.

a) less chance for pirate of PSP software

b) most people only want to carry one handheld at a time

c) even though there is more smartphone's they can seperate the PSP/phone from the rest by software.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

halil23 said:
huaxiong90 said:
LordMatrix said:
halil23 said:

Sony >>> Ninty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M$

Why? Sony announce prices for Move, Ninty didn't for 3DS nor did M$ for kinect! (plus M$'s was boring as hell, hence the longer arrows!!)

Lol Microsoft imo has never had a boring conf. This is the first year in a logn while that Nintendo brought out thier A game and Sony is always boring plus thier arrogance shows through at each and every E3 conf. and it disgust me I lost count how many times they were knocking Microsft & Nintendo during their presentation and they did it WAY worse this time than they usually do. Sony reminds me of the big hhot shot in school who thinks he is the best because he is the star quarterback and walks on anyone who trys to say otherwise. That is the extent of Sony and their arrogance. Jack tretton disgust me more so than any of them though.

I can agree with you only on the fact that Sony went rather overboard with their arrogance. But Twisted Metal, GT5 release date, Valve megaton, and the exclusive content showing gives Sony the edge over Microsoft for me. I mean, the best thing (IMO) shown at Ms's conference was MGS: Rising, and that's on PS3 (not to mention it's also the platform I'm getting the game on).

Both motion controller showings were disappointing, also.

Where the arrogance guys, don't tell me you were referring to KB "pew pew pew" >_> If so, that a lame excuse!

@ LordMatrix, not only was M$ conference boring but awkward/weird as well. Did you see the kinectimals part where the tiger imaginary licking the girl and she act as if she's being licked!!! Really WOW, so M$ wants you to act in video game instead of playing them!!! "Oh look I'm the video game I cut your arm, now act that it being cut off" "eeeyaaarrrrrrr"!!! >_>

And frankly I'm at lost for words as who the hell is M$ targeting at?!? Weirdos or cavemen?

BTW, my reasons as to why Sony win was a joke, hence the tongue out...IMO both Sony/Ninty were very good, dissaponted with the lack of The Last Guardian and Vitality Sensor.

Can't speak for Matrix, but in my case, it was just their way of talking as if they speak for the public (especially like how "The PSP is the handheld choice for gaming"). I know it's PR, but even PR has its limits, and the PSP's sales pale in comparison to the DS. They can promote it without that stuff.

It's not really a Sony issue, I would do the same if it were Nintendo or Microsoft.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft

though all three were disappointing this year...

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Zlejedi said:
lestatdark said:
Zlejedi said:
lestatdark said:

This will be so one sided, it won't even be funny

Nintendo. By. A. Long. Shot.

This.

Nintendo owned this E3, Sony was solid but lacked the flash, Microsoft was ehem let's say just disapointing.

I'm very surprised at the amount of people voting Sony though. Other than PE:3rd Birthday and GT5 release date, it was extremely boring to me. Too much talking about themselves and less game showing. Microsoft was just meh.

I've seen some members saying that the Twisted Metal announcement topped everything Nintendo offered. I mean...for real? I guess a somewhat good PS1 series tops Zelda, 3DS, Kirby, and everything Nintendo shown

Sometimes I think I cross over to some kind of twilight zone in this forum

Well i can understand the line of thinking that Sony was best: after all they showed the three huge focus points of 2010-2011 (3d gaming, move, another psp big commercial campaign), then they spiced it with several new games we didn't see and put the Kevin Buttler speech as a cherry on top of that cake. They also delivered release dates and prices.

But for me showing new generation of hardware with impresive lineup for start is way more exciting.

In that train of thought, I understand why some consider the Sony conference as being a good one. But this is E3. Their conference would be the best at an event like GDC, but E3 is about the games primordially. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Just like everyone else, Nintendo had the best conference for sure followed Sony with Microsoft's being a waste of time for anyone who didn't physically attend.

Without doubt new hardware is always a big attraction... even PSP Go won Sony "some" points last year.

how come anyone actually votes for sony is beyond me. 

we had almost 40 minutes of sausage fest made by Sony execs about how their 3D is awesome, how ps3 is the only game console that utilises 3D, how ps3 was built from the ground for 3d when we just saw 3DS and know how old a crappy technology is used for ps3s "3D" and that's whole 3d on ps3 is just a firmware update and has nothing to do with hardware. and also we had some extremely boring KZ3 presentation(i would say that it was almost as boring as first part of Black Ops presentation when they were playing in tunnels). it was more like an embarassment that entertainment.

then we had Move part which for me was flat out laughable compared to what MS showed. yeah MS games were mostly for casuals, but they already looked like final products and were very interesting. what sony showed was basically deja vu from E3 2009 and anything that would be barelly interesting was already pushed to 2011. and no, i don't give a damn that i will be able to play 1-2 year old ps3 games with Move controler. Tiger Woods demo was just sad. and it was only a Move patch for the game so we won't get what was a standard in Tiger Woods 10 on the wii. pricing of Move is also ridiculous. at least pricing of games is good if this means that all games will be priced like that. and we had another sausage fest about Move.

psp and ps2 part. calling psp the gamers choice and then not even one game announcement? we had Patapon 3 and 3rd Birthday which was in the works for a couple years now - wow what a great choice for gamers.ps2 is still selling strong? wow great how many games were released on ps2 for the past 2 years?

LBP2 presentation which was actually interesting.

Playstation Plus which is an epic fail considering the pricing and the fact that to keep that "free" content you have to pay constantly.

exclusive content was interesting only for Dead Space 2.

Portal 2 announcement which we already knew.

Gran Turismo 5 release date which was supposedly "coming soon" since E3 2008.

Twisted Metal which was cool until they showed the gameplay which was meh at best.

so we had more than 2 hour long conference and more than half of that time was spend on execs sausage fest. this was one of the worst conferences i've ever saw almost on par with Ubisofts E3 2009 or even worse if you think about whole 3d part.

joeorc said:
huaxiong90 said:
wiifan75 said:
LordMatrix said:

Sony is always boring plus thier arrogance shows through at each and every E3 conf. and it disgust me I lost count how many times they were knocking Microsft & Nintendo during their presentation and they did it WAY worse this time than they usually do.

Couldn't agree more on this.  Focus on your own product.  Just keeps bringing to mind how Nintendo was not competition to them and gimmicky.  And now they try to follow that path.

To be honest, what really got on my nerves was their talk of the PSP being the "choice for gamers". I mean, the DS put the PSP's sales to shame. And on top of that, the 3DS has one crazy line-up, and it proved 3D doesn't require glasses. They should've brought forward the PSP2. I was honestly about to turn off the PC and go to sleep had it not been for their PS3 game showing.

and do what..loose more money?

look I like the PSP just as much as some gamer's, but the blunt truth of the matter no matter what Sony does wiith the PSP no one is going to be happy at this point in my opinion..

they removed the UMD...when many gamer's cry for them to get rid of it..than when they did many of those same gamer's than said you need two analog stick's..what next?

the price was too high

the DS is killing it in the market

now the 3DS is going to dreamcast the PSP

between the media and the forum's many gamer's have pretty much left the PSP out in the cold.

Sony is doing the smart thing Nintendo is pretty well entrenched in the "dedicated handheld gaming device"

Sony is most likely looking at the Smartphone market because there can be many other Smartphone's and at least you can gain a good share of the market without being completely lambasted in the media an forum's.

Sony know's they can keep support for the PSP's they have now but I think they know it's time to move the PSP in another direction.

I do not blame them.

a) less chance for pirate of PSP software

b) most people only want to carry one handheld at a time

c) even though there is more smartphone's they can seperate the PSP/phone from the rest by software.

I just think the PSP part took up too much time for what could've been used for PS3 games, honestly. Not saying the PSP shouldn't get any attention at all, but I think that either IF they can afford it, bring a new innovation to the handheld market, or just drop it all together.

I like the PSP as well, don't get me wrong, but I think it's time to move on. PSP is losing third party support due to its insane piracy levels. It's only surviving in Japan right now.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!