By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

So now that E3 is over...vote for your favorite conference

Nintendo 636 64.77%

Sony 286 29.12%

Microsoft 60 6.11%

Total:982

Nintendo brought the house down, Sony did well considering my expectaions of fail though the lack of Versus XIII is most unpleasent... as for microsoft... well it was expected.

Common clarity dictates Ninty > Sony > Micro.

Around the Network

They showed Valkyria Chronicles II and Persona 3 portable as part of PSP lineup that alone makes it nice ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Nintendo murdered Sony and Microsoft with the 3DS.

sony because gave me lots of good news...

MS was lame... everyones already gets it why...

nintendo was zelda with lots of problems and that was shameful, Golden Eye and plat formers, witch was what i expected... 3DS is meaningless for me
(kibby was refreshing)

Sony gave me pricing on move, sequels to games i own, new IPs, exclusive deals and the need to buy a 3D TV...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

lestatdark said:

I've seen some members saying that the Twisted Metal announcement topped everything Nintendo offered. I mean...for real? I guess a somewhat good PS1 series tops Zelda, 3DS, Kirby, and everything Nintendo shown

Sometimes I think I cross over to some kind of twilight zone in this forum

Twisted Metal is definitely better than having Zelda, Donkey Kong Country 4, Kirby, Golden Sun 3, Metroid: Other M and-

who the fuck am I kidding no it isn't.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I'm still in shock believing Twisted Metal is BIG, lol! Never knew it could make that much difference to ps fans opinions. I could see that for God Of War, Gran Turismo, heck even Jak and Daxter... but twisted metal??

But anyway... Nintendo destroyed this year. Not only the best of the three, but the best I ever seen

andremop said:

I'm still in shock believing Twisted Metal is BIG, lol! Never knew it could make that much difference to ps fans opinions. I could see that for God Of War, Gran Turismo, heck even Jak and Daxter... but twisted metal??

But anyway... Nintendo destroyed this year. Not only the best of the three, but the best I ever seen

Hey I loved Twisted Metal during the PS1 days, and I haven't played a proper Twisted Metal game for years. So this is big news for me.

But yeah, this year was overkill. So many wishes from Nintendo come true.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:

I just think the PSP part took up too much time for what could've been used for PS3 games, honestly. Not saying the PSP shouldn't get any attention at all, but I think that either IF they can afford it, bring a new innovation to the handheld market, or just drop it all together.

I like the PSP as well, don't get me wrong, but I think it's time to move on. PSP is losing third party support due to its insane piracy levels. It's only surviving in Japan right now.

that's the point they don't have to bring in another "dedicated handheld device"

what innovation could they bring?

there's not much more you can bring than 3D

right now trying to compete in a "dedicated handheld gaming device" arena would not be very smart..an I think Sony know's this..there is enough PSP's on the market to last there is plenty of support online PSN..which still get's the support by PSN downloads for existing PSP owner's.

Sony know's right now Nintendo is more entrenched  than ever before, the 3DS is going to be a very capable and fun gaming device and it's already attracting more developer's.

I think the writing is on the wall and Sony was already prepairing for it. because right now sony have been working on Android and what better way to move the PSP without having to face against pirates, Media lambasting, forum FUD.and to top it off

Apple is also picking up steam in the Handheld arena.

the smart move is to move the PSP out of that market directly and compete as Apple does..indirectly

PSP still keep's it's support, but is not tied to just the "dedicated handheld game arena"

Nintendo most likely will keep any and all companies out of that space with direct , but idirect is another story. atleast this way there is plenty of room in the Smartphone market for a device that still get Android's app's and 1st and 2nd party Game's that can only be found on Sony Handheld's

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Let me put it into perspective...

Microsoft had:

A new not-so-cheap model, Kinect, Fable III and Halo Reach as big blockbusters for this year. Some Kinect gimmicks. Gears 3 releasing next year.

Sony had:

Move, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Gran Turismo 5 as big blockbusters for this year. A premium online service. Killzone 3, Sorcery and Twisted Metal releasing next year.

Nintendo had:

Metroid: Other M, Kirby Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong Country Returns all releasing this year for the Wii. No big blockbusters in there so sales may be compromised but the gamer will be happy. Very happy. Zelda Skyward Sword is coming next year. 3DS with Kid Icarus and a crapton of 3rd party games releasing on an unknown date.

So, for me it is Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft without any doubts.

Sony.

* Fisrt Valve game por PS3, Portal 2 (E3 Megaton)
* Twisted Metal