By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, has Nintendo just killed Kinetic's momentum on the Expanded Crowd?

Yes, and those people won't need to buy Navigator Controllers for most, if not any of their needs (judging by the already established Wii Crowd).

So that cuts the cost quite a bit. ^_-

Around the Network

What makes me laugh is the people that slate nintendo as on the verge of being bashed by the other 2 MUUUCH larger companies with these motion controllers then Nintendo set the bar again and bring out a system in another direction that will sell by the 100 million again! Lets play catch up again Microsoft and Sony! I bow to the innovation and bottle that Nintendo have! I predict 2011 E3 Microsoft AND Sony will have unveilled "new" please see the "new" in quotes lol handhelds that are...lo and behold copies of Nintendo's!

Farmageddon said:
richardhutnik said:

I got the $50 for the base control, minus the secondary controller.  It goes up beyond that.  What will matter with the 3DS is the price point.  I also have to wonder about the raw specs for it.  I have seen some promising stuff, but others may not be as much.  Anyhow, will wait and see.  I heard people say the 3DS is really good, second hand.  Need to hunt down those direct comments about it.

Yeah, people seem to like it. 3DS price point is indeed a big question right now, still, there's no way it'll be as expensive as a 3D ready TV :P

But yeah, hope it's nothing over the top.

yeah but knowing ninty though they wont go over 250 price point for it. the tech in it is probably not as expensive as people think it is. i mean the way things are running now even cell phones are doing HD like droid, iphone etc. so i think with the way ninty does business it would not be good if it was over 250 and yet they could easily do maybe 220 or even 200 by the time it comes out and still make a profit. 

i think the whole 3D console gaming was alot like blue ray 5 years ago. too early and plus there really are not anything to watch like on blue ray except aliens and monsters. then you add in teh glasses and then you would have to add in the tv and that just kills it right there. 

as for kinect and move i think the price point for kinect is a bad move period. maybe a few years down the road it woudl be a really nice feature to add to windows 8 or 9 along with the price being 50 to 100 dollars but the way it is now its not worth it. the move for the ps3 i think wont do well either i mean it wont sell new consoles like they think it will cause you are adding around 100 dollars to even the base ps3's price. it just dont make sense right now to do it. 

i for one thing after seeing the sales of the slim 360 as of late ninty will take notice and either one drop the price of the wii 50 bucks which would really kill off kinect. or they will drop the price of the current wii but then release a HD version of wii like alot of people is starting to call for. which a HD WII could come out at 250 or even 200 with wiisports and wiisports resort with upgraded graphics and power and it will start selling big again i think. cause people would trade in their old wii for the new one. 

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Last gens ps2 crowd ego = THis gens Ninty crowd ego

Kinect will do just fine so will the move, 3DS is for a different market altogether and depending on the price point even that might not do as well as some may think, but hey Ninty can do no wrong but Sony and MS obviously can and will...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

irstupid said:
Hynad said:

It costs $39.99 where I'm from... And yeah, there are people who have it.  Myself included. ¬_¬

he was obvioulsy wrong about the $100, but again many of you are forgetting why Move was implemented

It isn't for the current PS3 owners, it is to get new owners, or get the expanded audience that Nintendo grabbed.

These people have nothing.  They would not have a PSEye, due to not even having a PS3. 

Nope that's where your wrong, Move is for the current AND the possible new casual crowd as well, the line up clearly shows that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Nintendo Sony Microsoft is doomed.

Here's a good plan :

1. Abandon kinect/console business

2. Go back to selling copies of Office 2010

3. ???

4. Profit!

Next, Nintendo can go back to making card  Zelda games and investing in love hotels.

Soon the motion control adventure will be forgotten, for the benefit of all (Nothing is lost Sony, I still have a nice Bravia and soccer looks great on it)

Why do people keep comparing Move and Kinect? Whilst they are new interfaces for consoles which tranditionally have competed for the same userbase they go about things in completely different way.

Move = build me a better Wiimote.

Kinect = build me an interface which replaces the Wiimote.

Oh and 3DS = A handheld which has very little direct impact on the home console market. It didn't when Nintendo had the GBA and were being creamed by Sony's PS2 so why would it have an impact now?

Obviously by now we ought to understand that its not the technology of your interface which matters, its the user experience people have when they are using it. It doesn't matter to Kinect how well Move does and vice versa. I don't even think anyone is going to go into a store and price shop them against each other because they serve different markets.

So why don't we give the stupidity a little rest? Even the internet gets tired of it sometimes.