By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, has Nintendo just killed Kinetic's momentum on the Expanded Crowd?

Farmageddon said:
thx1139 said:

First off 3DS is a handheld and just like Kinect pricing hasnt been announced.

I realise this, but the point remains that if 3DS takes away the spotlight as the new big innovation on gaming, it'll hurt a lot of Kinetic's sales, as that's it's best shot.

yea people don't realize the power of word.  instead of talking about kinect and the future and possibilities of it, most talk and attention is now on the 3ds.

that means for attention again when kinect comes out microsoft has to spend a lot more on advertising to get peoples attention again.

Around the Network

This is a very impressive thread for a drunken Bart Simpson.  Despite a typo in the OP, a triple post, and the avatar I'd have know idea that he'd been drinking.

OT  Kinetic didn't have any momentum to be killed.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

This is a very impressive thread for a drunken Bart Simpson.  Despite a typo in the OP, a triple post, and the avatar I'd have know idea that he'd been drinking.

It's hard not to drink during the world cup. Really hard.

Farmageddon said:
amp316 said:

It's hard not to drink during the world cup. Really hard.

Especially with the lack of scoring so far.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

Especially with the lack of scoring so far.

The average is at what, 1.6 or 7 goals per match. But it was the first round, the first round isn't usually the best indicative of the rest of the cup. Anyway, we're completely off-topic :)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Microsoft is going to kill Kinect not only with the price point that has yet to be announced, but more importantly, at one point they have to let people play it who they can't control like celebreties and gaming journalists. Kinect seems to be lacking, otherwise Microsoft wouldn't still use prerecorded material to show it off. Price and word of mouth are going to be Kinect's demise.

But yeah, the 3DS is also a much more promising device than Kinect and is going to draw attention away from Microsoft's product.

IDK I have seen lots of positive responses in previews for the most of the Kinect titles. I doubt they have much to worry about with bad press. Unlike Kinect the PS Move failed to impress me. There is nothing unique about the games for it and it controls like if they were a Wii game. Heroes on the Move is the only PS Move game that interest me right now and that is not enough to get me excited for the device.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

amp316 said:

It's called Kinect not Kinectic

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

CrunkE4 said:

50 for move and 30 for navigator but the move needs the eye toy which is $100 so all that is 180 kinetic is cheaper

are you high? the PSeye (the eye toy was for ps2, try to stay updated) is NOT 100 bucks.

i know cause i actually have one.

It costs $39.99 where I'm from... And yeah, there are people who have it.  Myself included. ¬_¬

Hynad said:

It costs $39.99 where I'm from... And yeah, there are people who have it.  Myself included. ¬_¬

he was obvioulsy wrong about the $100, but again many of you are forgetting why Move was implemented

It isn't for the current PS3 owners, it is to get new owners, or get the expanded audience that Nintendo grabbed.

These people have nothing.  They would not have a PSEye, due to not even having a PS3.