Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, has Nintendo just killed Kinetic's momentum on the Expanded Crowd?

People said Microsoft presententation with Natal software actually hit well with the "Expanded Audience".

Now, after Nitnendo's conference, do you think a lot of the hype will be stole, specially, but not only, because of the 3DS?

I mean, Microsoft with it's selection of games kind of put itself as a Wii+ option. But then Nintendo came out with a new, Mario themed, sports collection, another, seemingly different from the others, party game collection, gave space to show Just Dance 2, which wil benefit from recognition a lot against Kinetic's dancing game.

Now, how could they top KineticAnimals? Maybe with Nintendogs... + cats... in 3D?

I mean, they had a counter in a more stabilished franchise to just about everything Microsoft offered, and look to be pushing new ideas in areas Microsoft played safer. They also offered more bridge titles, DKC being a huge addition, which will capture a different point of the mainstream that Microsoft kind of forgot about. It's also kind of a Rare Killer if it turns out awesome, specially if GoldenEye rocks too, but that's beyond the point.

Now, Natal would still have the new tech buzz and all that, but I think 3DS has the potential to obliterate it. Not only it has on-the-go-glasses-free-3D gaming (and movie watching), it's got lots of other features, including a 3D camera. I mean, you can actually take 3D pictures anywhere you go. Not only that, but games will use this feature for head orientation and things of the like (an exemple being a dog tilting it's head as you do the same on Nintendogs+Cats. This alone, in 3D, will sell a few million copies).

All this combined makes it seem like Natal will have a hard time becoming the big thing.

And the best part is that it'll have both great features and games for members of the not-so-expanded audience. But that's beside the point. Do you think, after this E3 conference, that Nintendo has shown Kinetic will have a hard time shinning as much as Microsoft wants on the mainstream?



Around the Network

Err yea not only have they made Microsoft's massive wiimote sensor looking device obselete they have added Sony's 3D TV to the bin too :)



Farmageddon said:

People said Microsoft presententation with Natal software actually hit well with the "Expanded Audience".

 

What people?

I am sure the morning talk shows loved it. But the truth is that without a price tag announced (which appears to be $150), it is not going to come cheap. And being 2x the cost of a Wii for an X360 and a Kinect (if the old models are being closed out and no new arcade is introduced), will make it a tough sell.

Plus, whatever is new is hot. So Nintendo will be more remembered because it came later.

Mike from Morgantown



      


I am Mario.


I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

lets see it costs rumored 150?? and the wii is 200 hhmmm i think price alone killed it. now the ps move is 40 per controller and to really experience it you need 2. so there is 80 and 20 for the detector i think. but anyways take the price of the ps3 and add in move and it is also doubled the wii's price. the thing i would love to see nintendo to do in the next year or two is come out with a wii HD console and have it to where you can trade in your current wii and upgrade it to the HD for about 50-100 dollars and still hvae the same compatibility as the wii. now that would own big time.



dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

 

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

scorptile said:

lets see it costs rumored 150?? and the wii is 200 hhmmm i think price alone killed it. now the ps move is 40 per controller and to really experience it you need 2. so there is 80 and 20 for the detector i think. but anyways take the price of the ps3 and add in move and it is also doubled the wii's price. the thing i would love to see nintendo to do in the next year or two is come out with a wii HD console and have it to where you can trade in your current wii and upgrade it to the HD for about 50-100 dollars and still hvae the same compatibility as the wii. now that would own big time.

If I'm not mistaken move is actually going to be $50 and there's also the $30 navigator.



Around the Network
scorptile said:

lets see it costs rumored 150?? and the wii is 200 hhmmm i think price alone killed it. now the ps move is 40 per controller and to really experience it you need 2. so there is 80 and 20 for the detector i think. but anyways take the price of the ps3 and add in move and it is also doubled the wii's price. the thing i would love to see nintendo to do in the next year or two is come out with a wii HD console and have it to where you can trade in your current wii and upgrade it to the HD for about 50-100 dollars and still hvae the same compatibility as the wii. now that would own big time.

With the PS3, you need the camera, and a Move controler, and also the equivalent of the Nunchuck.  The package for 1 player is over $100.  To add more than one player is $50 per, if not more.  The PS3 bundle with Move is $400.  I want to hear people say how the PS3 version is a good price while the Kinect set up is a rip off.

I also wonder if Nintendo has stole the 3D thunder with the 3DS.  They took repeated shots at the glasses you need for it another way.



richardhutnik said:

With the PS3, you need the camera, and a Move controler, and also the equivalent of the Nunchuck.  The package for 1 player is over $100.  To add more than one player is $50 per, if not more.  The PS3 bundle with Move is $400.  I want to hear people say how the PS3 version is a good price while the Kinect set up is a rip off.

I also wonder if Nintendo has stole the 3D thunder with the 3DS.  They took repeated shots at the glasses you need for it another way.

At underline: I think it's $80.

Bold: Yeah, they kept on hating the glasses. And given the fact that'll also need an all new 3D-capable HDTV for PS3 TV against no extra cost for 3DS, and that 3D will probaly be much better implemented on 3DS games (since all of the userbase will have it), Nitnendo'll easily establish itself as the leader on 3D gaming.



Farmageddon said:
richardhutnik said:

With the PS3, you need the camera, and a Move controler, and also the equivalent of the Nunchuck.  The package for 1 player is over $100.  To add more than one player is $50 per, if not more.  The PS3 bundle with Move is $400.  I want to hear people say how the PS3 version is a good price while the Kinect set up is a rip off.

I also wonder if Nintendo has stole the 3D thunder with the 3DS.  They took repeated shots at the glasses you need for it another way.

At underline: I think it's $80.

Bold: Yeah, they kept on hating the glasses. And given the fact that'll also need an all new 3D-capable HDTV for PS3 TV against no extra cost for 3DS, and that 3D will probaly be much better implemented on 3DS games (since all of the userbase will have it), Nitnendo'll easily establish itself as the leader on 3D gaming.

I got the $50 for the base control, minus the secondary controller.  It goes up beyond that.  What will matter with the 3DS is the price point.  I also have to wonder about the raw specs for it.  I have seen some promising stuff, but others may not be as much.  Anyhow, will wait and see.  I heard people say the 3DS is really good, second hand.  Need to hunt down those direct comments about it.



richardhutnik said:

I got the $50 for the base control, minus the secondary controller.  It goes up beyond that.  What will matter with the 3DS is the price point.  I also have to wonder about the raw specs for it.  I have seen some promising stuff, but others may not be as much.  Anyhow, will wait and see.  I heard people say the 3DS is really good, second hand.  Need to hunt down those direct comments about it.


Yeah, people seem to like it. 3DS price point is indeed a big question right now, still, there's no way it'll be as expensive as a 3D ready TV :P

But yeah, hope it's nothing over the top.



Ummm... guys. The navigation controller is optional for those that can't hold a dualshock with one hand... That's why SONY's not throwing it into any bundles... YOU DON'T NEED IT to play move titles.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/100311e.html

When the MOVE was first demo'd with a game [RE5] it was played with a Wand and DualShock.



4 ≈ One