By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, has Nintendo just killed Kinetic's momentum on the Expanded Crowd?

zzamaro said:
Cheebee said:

I just wonder how long it'll take for Sony to announce a 3D-capable PSP2. I'm sure it'll happen, eventually.

Didn't Sony say before that they can add 3d to the PSP with an update?

without the need for glasses not that i am aware of. the screen is not set for 3D in the PSP without glasses, with Glasses maybe.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

No nothing has killed nothing as for as we know.

Stop comparing or even mentioning the 3DS and Kinetic in the same sentence ok .lol

We all know the 3DS will sell like hotcakes and yes  they got me too I will be buying it 

The 3ds will crush any completion and then some sales wise.

There is not some momentum meter for Microsoft or Nintendo.

I don't think either Sony or Microsoft had the notion that they were gonna compete with the Wii period,

Let alone take attention away from Nintendo.

Both company's have played it safe we all knew that they were gonna throw a lot of sports games.

Nintendo is in a league of it's own People love Mario,the legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong,and all those other things they grew up on they don't give a crap about ground breaking graphics or how bloody a game can get,they care about fun Which Nintendo does a damn good job of implementing into almost every gosh darn title they make!

If MS and sony's purpose is to try and grab some Nintendo cash they will be disappointed  as far as I see it.

I always say this and I hope to god people keep it in the back of their brains and pull it out from time to time.What you like or find interesting does not mean everyone else will 

ps.Sorry if I went off topic lol im running off 2 hours of sleep.Im still pretty annoyed at the fact that fanboys insist on bringing up the opposite console every effing chance they get.

Not calling you one just saying it bugs me whenn let's say I look at costumer reviews about Killzone 2 there is always some group of morons who yell ow killzone 2 is better then halo and etc.

What are you serious your comparing 2 totally different games why? because they have guns?

what on earth could possible make the comparison fair or even logical?

god what planet do these people live on.

Anyway to cut it short did nothing new oh wow a move is just a mouse imo.

and Kinect libray of games ( yes I know it's new ) is pretty boring it's like the only thing that look fun are the starwars and foza games they showed other than that kinect is absolutely boring.

tuscaniman said:
Xoj said:
richardhutnik said:
scorptile said:

lets see it costs rumored 150?? and the wii is 200 hhmmm i think price alone killed it. now the ps move is 40 per controller and to really experience it you need 2. so there is 80 and 20 for the detector i think. but anyways take the price of the ps3 and add in move and it is also doubled the wii's price. the thing i would love to see nintendo to do in the next year or two is come out with a wii HD console and have it to where you can trade in your current wii and upgrade it to the HD for about 50-100 dollars and still hvae the same compatibility as the wii. now that would own big time.

With the PS3, you need the camera, and a Move controler, and also the equivalent of the Nunchuck.  The package for 1 player is over $100.  To add more than one player is $50 per, if not more.  The PS3 bundle with Move is $400.  I want to hear people say how the PS3 version is a good price while the Kinect set up is a rip off.

I also wonder if Nintendo has stole the 3D thunder with the 3DS.  They took repeated shots at the glasses you need for it another way.

no u dont, if u already have the camera, also the camera can be used for others games and video conferencing up to 6 members.

also u can use a sixaxis dualshock as replacement,

only u want the premium experience to have to buy the others. but then it's pretty much same price as the wii remote

but instead of paying extra por motion plus, u pay extra pfor the camera (if u dont have one and u only have to buy one not many motion plus)

1. Nobody has the camera.

2. Sony is trying to sell more consoles, not trying to sell Move to existing owners.

3. Its the most expensive option out of the three if you want more than 1 person to play. Stop trying to spin it.

1-I have the camera, people on my friends' list  also has the camera. There's a social page for PS3 owners who actually, many of them has a camera, even girls :D

2-Half-true, they also have bundles for current PS3 owners, a bundle if you actually have the camera and another if you don't have it.

3-Yes, I actually agree is the most expensive but kinect is a rip-off, PS EYE costs less than $39.99 and kinect $149, even if kinect is an upgrade version of the PS EYE, that's doesn't explain why kinect cost $110 more than the PS EYE. Also, kinect games  are full-priced  and they are supposed to be casual games, I saw sports champion and it's only for $39.99. Source: GameStop.

Sorry for bad English.

I wouldn't say killed it, but certainly damaged it

The 3DS is tiny...And it seems like a nice feature-packed bit of hardware...Am I correct in saying, though, that the 3D is Depth 3D....not Pop-Out 3D?

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network

On a side-note...while the Kinect is obviously trying to cater to Wii owners on a platter by showing familiar looking game styles and what-not....I see the Playstation Move as an addition to my already owned Ps3 hardware...Why does it have to take from Wii customers to be good? I don't want a Ps3 AND a Wii...if I can get my occasional sports game on...or well-made motion controlled HD FPS...lemme do it on the base hardware I already own with a couple extra peripherals...P.S. I already have the Eye-Toy people keep saying no one has...

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

zzamaro said:

1-I have the camera, people on my friends' list  also has the camera. There's a social page for PS3 owners who actually, many of them has a camera, even girls :D

2-Half-true, they also have bundles for current PS3 owners, a bundle if you actually have the camera and another if you don't have it.

3-Yes, I actually agree is the most expensive but kinect is a rip-off, PS EYE costs less than $39.99 and kinect $149, even if kinect is an upgrade version of the PS EYE, that's doesn't explain why kinect cost $110 more than the PS EYE. Also, kinect games  are full-priced  and they are supposed to be casual games, I saw sports champion and it's only for $39.99. Source: GameStop.

1. Do you know why Sony went and made Move?  They wanted to expand their market and get peopel to buy a PS3.  And those people who are buying a PS3, guess what?  They don't have an eyetoy.

2. same as above, they are trying for new owners, not pre existing

3. Kinect is say what $150, but guess what.  That's it, four people, or however many people are all covered. PSMove, you need to buy controllers for EVERY SINGLE PERSON that wants to play.  4-8 wands, 4 nunchuks, and a PSEye are all needed for what ONE Kinect gives, which is up to 4 player fun. 

irstupid said

3. Kinect is say what $150, but guess what.  That's it, four people, or however many people are all covered. PSMove, you need to buy controllers for EVERY SINGLE PERSON that wants to play.  4-8 wands, 4 nunchuks, and a PSEye are all needed for what ONE Kinect gives, which is up to 4 player fun. 

Actually, PS3 only supports up to 4 of these wireless controllers at any one time. So 2 wands & 2 nunchuks, or 4 wands, for example. 4 Wands & 4 nunchuks isn't happening.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

irstupid said:
zzamaro said:

1. Do you know why Sony went and made Move?  They wanted to expand their market and get peopel to buy a PS3.  And those people who are buying a PS3, guess what?  They don't have an eyetoy.

2. same as above, they are trying for new owners, not pre existing

I do love the way you only talk about how people who don't have a Ps3 buying Move need a lot...but you don't mention the cost of the XBox 360 with Kinect at all when people don't already have it.

3DS have very little impact on both Sony's 3D focus and Microsoft's Kinect. The only impact 3DS had was on the handheld gamers and people that actually watch the scene.

Kinect will still look revolutionary to all those nongamers out there and Sony's 3D is driven by TV's, not gaming. 3DS had impact on gaming forums, but that's it.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising