By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, has Nintendo just killed Kinetic's momentum on the Expanded Crowd?

Cheebee said:
irstupid said

3. Kinect is say what $150, but guess what.  That's it, four people, or however many people are all covered. PSMove, you need to buy controllers for EVERY SINGLE PERSON that wants to play.  4-8 wands, 4 nunchuks, and a PSEye are all needed for what ONE Kinect gives, which is up to 4 player fun. 

Actually, PS3 only supports up to 4 of these wireless controllers at any one time. So 2 wands & 2 nunchuks, or 4 wands, for example. 4 Wands & 4 nunchuks isn't happening.

ah didn't know that.  so for full experience and options you need 4 wands and 2 nunchucks then huh

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:
irstupid said:
zzamaro said:

1-I have the camera, people on my friends' list  also has the camera. There's a social page for PS3 owners who actually, many of them has a camera, even girls :D

2-Half-true, they also have bundles for current PS3 owners, a bundle if you actually have the camera and another if you don't have it.

3-Yes, I actually agree is the most expensive but kinect is a rip-off, PS EYE costs less than $39.99 and kinect $149, even if kinect is an upgrade version of the PS EYE, that's doesn't explain why kinect cost $110 more than the PS EYE. Also, kinect games  are full-priced  and they are supposed to be casual games, I saw sports champion and it's only for $39.99. Source: GameStop.

1. Do you know why Sony went and made Move?  They wanted to expand their market and get peopel to buy a PS3.  And those people who are buying a PS3, guess what?  They don't have an eyetoy.

2. same as above, they are trying for new owners, not pre existing

3. Kinect is say what $150, but guess what.  That's it, four people, or however many people are all covered. PSMove, you need to buy controllers for EVERY SINGLE PERSON that wants to play.  4-8 wands, 4 nunchuks, and a PSEye are all needed for what ONE Kinect gives, which is up to 4 player fun. 

I do love the way you only talk about how people who don't have a Ps3 buying Move need a lot...but you don't mention the cost of the XBox 360 with Kinect at all when people don't already have it.

Both microsoft and sony are trying to get the expanded audience, so i ignored for both the purchasing price of getting a new 360 or PS3

But then beyond the console purchase, a kinect fan just needs to buy a $150 thing that lets up to (is it 4) people play.  he is done, just start buying games now

A ps3 owner or move fan, needs to buy (lets say bought bundle) still 3 more wands and 2 more nunchucks to be set for all the games that could be played 4 person.   or if not bundle, then an eye toy, 4 wands and 2 nunchucks

Sony's is more expensive, period.

maybe killed for gamers, but for those who loves technology Kinect is a revolution

Cheebee said:
irstupid said

Actually, PS3 only supports up to 4 of these wireless controllers at any one time. So 2 wands & 2 nunchuks, or 4 wands, for example. 4 Wands & 4 nunchuks isn't happening.

Kinect may also only support 2 players though, considering none of the announced games support more than that.

2p setup for each (added to base package) is looking like...

Kinect: = $150 

Move = $100 starter pack $50 remote $30 subcontroller $30 sub = $210

Motion Plus = $50 remote/motion plus bundle $20 nunchuck = $70

jarrod said:
Cheebee said:
irstupid said

Kinect may also only support 2 players though, considering none of the announced games support more than that.

2p setup for each (added to base package) is looking like...

Kinect: = $150 

Move = $100 starter pack $50 remote $30 subcontroller $30 sub = $210

Motion Plus = $50 remote/motion plus bundle $20 nunchuck = $70

in the dance game we saw three people dancing

Around the Network
irstupid said:

Which one, Konami's? I thought it was 2 for the Hamonix game? :/

jarrod said:
irstupid said:

Which one, Konami's? I thought it was 2 for the Hamonix game? :/

the mtv one that had that guy dancing, then two people got up behind him and started dancing as well after a little bit

thx1139 said:

First off 3DS is a handheld and just like Kinect pricing hasnt been announced.

I realise this, but the point remains that if 3DS takes away the spotlight as the new big innovation on gaming, it'll hurt a lot of Kinetic's sales, as that's it's best shot.

Lon said:

i agree with this guy^^^

dont forget kinect doesnt launch til november...... how many casual gamers that use the wii take any notice of e3 let alone the hype from the gaming community. I think the casual gamers that microsoft are targeting are the people that watch the talk shows in which microsoft demoes.....

Of course, but my point is exactly that I think the morning talk shows will talk more about about 3DS than just Natal. I think 3DS is a device with the oportunity to built massive amounts of hype on both ends of the market, and by it doing so on the end Kinetic is aiming for it'll effectivelly hinder it's potential sales a lot.

I take E3 as an indication in this sense, and I'm sure Nintendog & cats will be a huge hit on some of the more influential people for this market. It'll go like this: oh, cute looking cat annoying a dog, in 3D. Then the women playing calls the dog and it comes forward. She talks to it, it starts shaking it's tail. She tilts her head and the dog does the same, first in one direction, than the other. She then goes with her face towards the animal, who'll come out of the screen and lick her. 10 millions 3DSs sold. The kind of attention this can generate will simply outshine Natals "more/better of the same".

Also, e3.nintendo.com has a video o Steven Spielberg demoing the 3DS with a huge smile on his face. When you put such a smile in the face of the guy from ET, you know you did something right.

Vanbierk said:

The 3DS is tiny...And it seems like a nice feature-packed bit of hardware...Am I correct in saying, though, that the 3D is Depth 3D....not Pop-Out 3D?

From what I heard it does pop out.

Can't delete posts? :(

Sorry for triple post then =/