By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Lady Gaga already becoming irrelevant?

Cobretti2 said:
Squilliam said:

I'll take gaga over guns n roses any day!

well I never liked guns and roses either. 

I am just sick of how music is all about image and selling t-shirts now rather then music. I know there are a few talented people still doing music, but a lot of it is total garbage.

Gaga although not my type of music at least has some talent compared to 90% of the crap we see now.

but will I miss her if she falls away from fame? no not really.

My biggest suspicion is that shes so popular largely because the not only lyrics are audible for most people and they can sing along to them, they are pretty fun too. A lot of people struggle to hear all the words in a lot of modern songs.

Tease.

Around the Network

She's the best Youtube artist ever.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

In order to become irrelevant, didn't you have to at one time be relevant?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Porcupine_I said:
allenfake said:

All this Lady Gaga hate, but nothing about Justin Bieber? Why are there no threads mocking Bieber, I officially have lost all faith in humanity.

because Justin Bieber is irrelevant ?

The biebe sucks. There is that better. lol

Ke$ha? Are you kidding me? That talentless blonde that even doesn'T know how to lipsync?

I saw Gaga on the net singing her songs along with piano and she is not only a good singer, but a good pianist. She actually made 7 hit songs with her first album, which has been never seen before. Her videos are quite original, although people think she all raped her concepts from Madonna (which isn't true completely).

She will released her new album in April 2011. Let's see how she will managed to upset the pop music style.

Around the Network

opinions opinions, but she isn't irrelavent, especially since because of her dance techno became popular in the americas..

and artistic fashion is also on the rise because of her (you see all those girls with hairbows? All those people with colorful sunglasses, and artsy clothing? Guess who started that trend..)

and her record sales are just climbing and climbing with more than 60 million records sold.. nearly 12 million albums (in just 2 years) and the fact she continues to grow as an artist, and in popularity..there is no way she is going anywhere.. and some "celebs" say ke$ha is the way she is now because her label didn't want her to fall behind.. the same goes with most other artists.. who are now required to sing live (despite how bad it may sound) or they will fall behind.. she pushed pop music, and hell even miley cyrus said "I hate pop music, but lady gaga is an icon and I listen to her". Katy Perry called her alejandro video blasphemy (envy) and MTV is going nuts all over her new video which has garnered up almost 20 million views in just 2-3days (ke$ha's new video for comparison since you compared her to her only has about 8 million with almost a month ).

mM
leo-j said:

opinions opinions, but she isn't irrelavent, especially since because of her dance techno became popular in the americas..

and artistic fashion is also on the rise because of her (you see all those girls with hairbows? All those people with colorful sunglasses, and artsy clothing? Guess who started that trend..)

and her record sales are just climbing and climbing with more than 60 million records sold.. nearly 12 million albums (in just 2 years) and the fact she continues to grow as an artist, and in popularity..there is no way she is going anywhere.. and some "celebs" say ke$ha is the way she is now because her label didn't want her to fall behind.. the same goes with most other artists.. who are now required to sing live (despite how bad it may sound) or they will fall behind.. she pushed pop music, and hell even miley cyrus said "I hate pop music, but lady gaga is an icon and I listen to her". Katy Perry called her alejandro video blasphemy (envy) and MTV is going nuts all over her new video which has garnered up almost 20 million views in just 2-3days (ke$ha's new video for comparison since you compared her to her only has about 8 million with almost a month ).

Is kesha the one that sings your love is my drug? what a stupid video and song. Just saying.

No, I give up. Leo-J is just too stubborn. There's no teaching him.

yes, and it went #1 on pop radio..

it pisses me off when gaga herself doesn't get as much credit as she deserves, because I believe she is underrated.. most people don't understand that because of her we left the horrid hip hop scene (and only the true hip hop artists stayed behind aka eminem, kanye, and even new comers like Drake, whcih are pretty good), the moment I saw her "THE FAME PART 1" video, she was the most unique thing I have seen on this earth, and something i've always thought of, but never saw someone do.. that's when I fell in love with her as an artist. She only continued to impress me non stop, I found out her voice was jaw dropping, her piano skills were uncomparable to most people, she writes all her music and some for other artists (adam lambert, spears, etc..) she designs all her performences from the top down with her team "haus of gaga" and she just continues to grow... her videos get better and better.. I remember when poker face came out, I liked it because of the song, then love game because of the song and the look, then paparazzi pushed it up to a whole other level, the art started to grow, and BAD ROMANCE just took over youtube..

mM
guiduc said:

Ke$ha? Are you kidding me? That talentless blonde that even doesn'T know how to lipsync?

I saw Gaga on the net singing her songs along with piano and she is not only a good singer, but a good pianist. She actually made 7 hit songs with her first album, which has been never seen before. Her videos are quite original, although people think she all raped her concepts from Madonna (which isn't true completely).

She will released her new album in April 2011. Let's see how she will managed to upset the pop music style.

She released two albums. the 1st album produced 4 hit singles, and the 2nd album produced 3 hit singles. You don't have to make up facts just to make her look good.

And 7 top 10 singles has been seen more than once. Michael Jackson's Thriller and Janet's Rhythm Nation 1814 are one of those albums.
And more recently, Taylor Swift managed to have 13 songs to chart in top 40 from her last album, Fearless.