By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Lady Gaga already becoming irrelevant?

axumblade said:
blaydcor said:
axumblade said:

Do people just make threads to see if they can piss of leo-j? And couldn't this just be thrown in someone elses lady gaga thread instead of made into a whole post? I just don't see the point of this thread unless it were an article...

What makes something an article? Being published?

Yes. Exactly. Because this is an opinion piece, it could have easily been vocalized in the other 40 lady gaga threads where people have reamed her "talent."

Okay, I posted it on my blog. Now it's published. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
O-D-C said:

another Lady Gaga thread? last I heard u needed talent to be this famous...

Not really my point but I do agree with the first part. This is a video game forum yet there are Lady Gaga threads that pop up on a weekly basis. And it's not like she has a new album that's dropped or is dropping and she hasn't really done anything controversial except for a music video, which there is a thread for as well. It's just pointless to have all of these threads revolving around her.

Off-topic man, chill. Off-topic forum ISN'T a videogame forum, and Gaga just happens to be a trending topic here. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

axumblade said:
blaydcor said:
axumblade said:
O-D-C said:

another Lady Gaga thread? last I heard u needed talent to be this famous...

Not really my point but I do agree with the first part. This is a video game forum yet there are Lady Gaga threads that pop up on a weekly basis. And it's not like she has a new album that's dropped or is dropping and she hasn't really done anything controversial except for a music video, which there is a thread for as well. It's just pointless to have all of these threads revolving around her.

Off-topic man, chill. Off-topic forum ISN'T a videogame forum, and Gaga just happens to be a trending topic here. 

It's just becoming as annoying as the Taylor Swift threads earlier this year. It's just frustrating how every time gaga drops out of the threads on my activity page, a new gaga thread appears.

See, I post like four or five times a week, never start threads. Today is the most I've posted in probably a month. I'm not exposed to all of that, so I have no idea. 

the question is that her popularity is decreasing so will she be the considered the queen or will her crown be taken

Porcupine_I said:
allenfake said:

All this Lady Gaga hate, but nothing about Justin Bieber? Why are there no threads mocking Bieber, I officially have lost all faith in humanity.

because Justin Bieber is irrelevant ?

Lol glad you feel that way, but I'm pretty sure he's still the greatest thing besides sliced bread to most 12 year old girls. I just die a little on the inside whenever I see him, I mean how did he get a contract while many talented artists don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Around the Network

I think it's unfair to call her a one trick pony, since The Fame she has only recorded a few new songs, one of which has been her biggest.

I'm sure her new album will be a reinvention not just in terms of image but music too.

I don't get why people that obviously love more savoury music (beatles, radiohead ect) have to lash out so hard at people like Lady gaga. Why? cos it's pop it's talentless and meaningless?

It's a snobby arrogant view.

Another Music thread about modern music.

I can't wait for the next decade to start. hopefully something good may come. Otherwise I will continue not to listen to music.

I'll take gaga over guns n roses any day!

Tease.

Squilliam said:

I'll take gaga over guns n roses any day!

well I never liked guns and roses either. 

I am just sick of how music is all about image and selling t-shirts now rather then music. I know there are a few talented people still doing music, but a lot of it is total garbage.

Gaga although not my type of music at least has some talent compared to 90% of the crap we see now.

but will I miss her if she falls away from fame? no not really.

Seece said:

I think it's unfair to call her a one trick pony, since The Fame she has only recorded a few new songs, one of which has been her biggest.

I'm sure her new album will be a reinvention not just in terms of image but music too.

I don't get why people that obviously love more savoury music (beatles, radiohead ect) have to lash out so hard at people like Lady gaga. Why? cos it's pop it's talentless and meaningless?

It's a snobby arrogant view.

Well the hate on Gaga in these forums is equal to the amount of threads we used to have praising her music.

I enjoy pop and I enjoy some of her songs but I do believe that she is overrated.