By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Lady Gaga already becoming irrelevant?

allenfake said:

All this Lady Gaga hate, but nothing about Justin Bieber? Why are there no threads mocking Bieber, I officially have lost all faith in humanity.

Some teen sensation who crashes twice on a glass wall really doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in hate threads...

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Around the Network

I stand by my belief that AC/DC's Bon Scott was the greatest performer of all time. Not just his songs, but his image as well. Except his image wasn't fake like Lady Gaga's. He was just so full so energy and life and was just fun to watch. Shame he died before the band hit it big. 

Is Lady Gaga relevant? Of course! She's got at least 5 more good years in her if you ask me. I may hate her music, but apparently other people like it. 

Also:

I actually like this version of Bad Romance. :P

SmoothCriminal said:

I stand by my belief that AC/DC's Bon Scott was the greatest performer of all time. Not just his songs, but his image as well. Except his image wasn't fake like Lady Gaga's. He was just so full so energy and life and was just fun to watch. Shame he died before the band hit it big. 

Is Lady Gaga relevant? Of course! She's got at least 5 more good years in her if you ask me. I may hate her music, but apparently other people like it. 

Also:

What? Oo

Greater preformer than Freddie Mercury? Axl Rose? Michael Jackson?

I can't see something like that happening :P

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Seece said:

I think it's unfair to call her a one trick pony, since The Fame she has only recorded a few new songs, one of which has been her biggest.

I'm sure her new album will be a reinvention not just in terms of image but music too.

I don't get why people that obviously love more savoury music (beatles, radiohead ect) have to lash out so hard at people like Lady gaga. Why? cos it's pop it's talentless and meaningless?

It's a snobby arrogant view.

It's because when Lady Gaga "reinvents her sound" it's just her firing her last 5 producers and hiring 5 more producers, and telling them to come up with something fresh.  Her last producer is even suing her for millions of dollars for stealing his sound.  And I don't know about the rest of the haters here, but it's usually just leo-j making me crazy, saying stuff like "this is Lady Gaga growing as an artist."

When David Bowie changed up his style and his sound every single album for many decades, it was actually him changing his styles.  He wrote all his own glam, pop, drum and bass, soul, disco, ambient, proto-metal, you name it.  Same with the Beatles, Serge Gainsbourg, Beck, and Radiohead changing a lot, but they didn't do it as much as Bowie.

Hydralisk said:

Comparing a talentless person like Kesha to Lady Gaga is just.....not right.

I really don't think she's going anywhere.  People are still interested in her and talking about her.  Hit google and type in artists' names.

Lady Gaga - 120,000,000

Britney Spears - 49,500,000

Beyonce - 44,300,000

Justin Bieber - 58,000,000

Kesha - 12,800,000

If anything, Kesha is the one who is going to fade away soon enough.

Hey, the garbage list! The very people that killed the Radio.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Hydralisk said:

Comparing a talentless person like Kesha to Lady Gaga is just.....not right.

I really don't think she's going anywhere.  People are still interested in her and talking about her.  Hit google and type in artists' names.

Lady Gaga - 120,000,000

Britney Spears - 49,500,000

Beyonce - 44,300,000

Justin Bieber - 58,000,000

Kesha - 12,800,000

If anything, Kesha is the one who is going to fade away soon enough.

Hey, the garbage list! The very people that killed the Radio.

rofl

RageBot said:
SmoothCriminal said:

Also:

What? Oo

Michael Jackson was a better entertainer, not a better performer, if that makes any sense. :P

SmoothCriminal said:
RageBot said:
SmoothCriminal said:

Also:

What? Oo

Michael Jackson was a better entertainer, not a better performer, if that makes any sense. :P

Well, yeah, I forgot that he's just dancing on stage with playback :P

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Seece said:

I think it's unfair to call her a one trick pony, since The Fame she has only recorded a few new songs, one of which has been her biggest.

I'm sure her new album will be a reinvention not just in terms of image but music too.

I don't get why people that obviously love more savoury music (beatles, radiohead ect) have to lash out so hard at people like Lady gaga. Why? cos it's pop it's talentless and meaningless?

It's a snobby arrogant view.

Uh, but I really enjoy Lady Gaga and have her album and EP. If anything I tend to view all music from an objective, broader perspective, and in the grand scheme of the music world just don't see her having much lasting impact. Way to assume I'm a music snob. Now who's being arrogant?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Fab_GS said:
guiduc said:

Ke$ha? Are you kidding me? That talentless blonde that even doesn'T know how to lipsync?

I saw Gaga on the net singing her songs along with piano and she is not only a good singer, but a good pianist. She actually made 7 hit songs with her first album, which has been never seen before. Her videos are quite original, although people think she all raped her concepts from Madonna (which isn't true completely).

She will released her new album in April 2011. Let's see how she will managed to upset the pop music style.

She released two albums. the 1st album produced 4 hit singles, and the 2nd album produced 3 hit singles. You don't have to make up facts just to make her look good.

And 7 top 10 singles has been seen more than once. Michael Jackson's Thriller and Janet's Rhythm Nation 1814 are one of those albums.
And more recently, Taylor Swift managed to have 13 songs to chart in top 40 from her last album, Fearless.

Second one is an EP, not a full album. But yea, I agree with you besides that. And @ the original dude, that was my point: she can't maintain the popularity from a smash-hit debut that was that big over a whole career. 

Especially since, structurally and thematically, all her songs are the same song. Not that they aren't fun and catchy, but you can only keep on doing the same thing so long before it gets old and somebody else comes along and innovates.

Get some music majors up in here to corroborate this. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.