By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft says Halo 3 has outsold a ton of Sony games via NPD

Only in US (since it is NPD)? That's like saying FF13 for PS3 has outsold Halo 1 2 3, Fable 1 2, Forza 1 2 3, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon combined...only in Japan.

Either way, everyone knows that Halo is a seller, and Sony does not have anything close to it (hope for GT5) right now.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Vetteman94 said:
Slimebeast said:
jarrod said:

Exact twitter quote from Aaron Greenburg...

"Just in from research team (NPD): Halo 3 has outsold Resistance 1 2, Uncharted 1 2, Killzone 2 and God of War III COMBINED....wow"

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/15789769040

...how's this square up with VGC figures?

Perfectly.

Halo 3's NA sales roufly 7.9 million. Those 6 PS3 games are 7.8 million in NA according to VGC.

I got Halo 3 at 7.93   and those 6 at 7.97.   So which VGC are you looking at?

Ack!  Well it's close enough to where we can probably break out the Canada clause.

Well wouldnt that apply to both games?  

Vetteman94 said:
Slimebeast said:
jarrod said:

Exact twitter quote from Aaron Greenburg...

"Just in from research team (NPD): Halo 3 has outsold Resistance 1 2, Uncharted 1 2, Killzone 2 and God of War III COMBINED....wow"

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/15789769040

...how's this square up with VGC figures?

Perfectly.

Halo 3's NA sales roufly 7.9 million. Those 6 PS3 games are 7.8 million in NA according to VGC.

I got Halo 3 at 7.93   and those 6 at 7.97.   So which VGC are you looking at?

Well I said roughly lol. Plus I tried to avoid the last couple of weeks of sales for each game (since those NPD numbers probably are up until April or something) which explains why Halo 3 outsold the 6 PS3 games.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so what!

Ok... this is really cool... but i think that the experience you would have playing Uncharted, God of War, Resistance and Killzone would be a lil higher than playing Halo :/

LET'S GO KNICKS

Around the Network
dragonmagician said:

Only in US (since it is NPD)? That's like saying FF13 for PS3 has outsold Halo 1 2 3, Fable 1 2, Forza 1 2 3, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon combined...only in Japan.

Either way, everyone knows that Halo is a seller, and Sony does not have anything close to it (hope for GT5) right now.

Not really, PS3 has 4 x the userbase in Japan, compared to only 2x in America. It's not as if those PS3 games have sold poorly either!

yeah, but it was beat by Mario Kart Wii or NSMBWii or Wii Fit (which costs twice as much) or any number of casual corner titles....

Basically, its just a pissing contest and grow up.

dragonmagician said:

Uh, it's not at all like saying that since the US is also the biggest market for most of those PS3 games listed, and not actually the weakest market for any of them.  Outside Blue Dragon, Japan's the weakest market for all those 360, by far.

Americas

Halo 3 - 7.93m

Halo 3: 7.93m

Uncharted 2  - 1.56m

GOW 3 - 1.54m

Resistance 1 - 1.47m

Uncharted  - 1.39m

Killzone 2  - 1.08m

Resistance 2 - 0.93m

Six PS3 Games: 7.97m

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

now he choose not to put gran turismo in that comparison :p