By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft says Halo 3 has outsold a ton of Sony games via NPD

jarrod said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
jarrod said:
AkibaFan said:

ff13 hs outsold xbox 360 console in jpn alone. 

360 could still pull ahead!  Never give up hope! <3

you mean just give up hope! even if the 360 cost 1 yen they still wouldnt care. what you need to understand is that the japanese personally hate the xbox. they hate it like its an alive person and one of their enemies.

Naw, 360's still doing 3-5k weekly, while retailers can't even unload their sealed FFXIII inventories for 800 yen (about $9) a copy now.  If 360 gets any sort of push, it could easily pass FFXIII (it's only ~550k behind).

Except the FFXIII International/Re-release will push it out of 360's reach forever when it lands. (FFX-2 re-releases pulled in 400K Extra sales, FFX re-releases pulled in 700K extra sales FYI)

And lol who said its for 800 yen, check amazon.jp, not what 1 or 2 guys on VGChartz found it for in Japan

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
jarrod said:
AkibaFan said:

you mean just give up hope! even if the 360 cost 1 yen they still wouldnt care. what you need to understand is that the japanese personally hate the xbox. they hate it like its an alive person and one of their enemies.

Naw, 360's still doing 3-5k weekly, while retailers can't even unload their sealed FFXIII inventories for 800 yen (about $9) a copy now.  If 360 gets any sort of push, it could easily pass FFXIII (it's only ~550k behind).

Except the FFXIII International/Re-release will push it out of 360's reach forever when it lands. (FFX-2 re-releases pulled in 400K Extra sales, FFX re-releases pulled in 700K extra sales FYI)

And lol who said its for 800 yen, check amazon.jp, not what 1 or 2 guys on VGChartz found it for in Japan

Unsold copies of FFXIII are flooding the streets of Akihibara, they're building apartments out of them!  Face facts!

FFXII Int only sold 140k btw, I bet a FFXIII Int would do even less.  Unless it's multi, then it might crack 200k. :P

jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
jarrod said:
AkibaFan said:

Unsold copies of FFXIII are flooding the streets of Akihibara, they're building apartments out of them!  Face facts!

FFXII Int only sold 140k btw, I bet a FFXIII Int would do even less.  Unless it's multi, then it might crack 200k. :P

Lol where is your proof of these buildings? 

FFXII got only 1 International and released at the end of the generation. FFX & FFX-2 got many re-releases and were sold as a combo and so will XIII with Versus XIII, Face the facts

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
jarrod said:
AkibaFan said:

I am jpnese and go ther frm time 2 time, plz tell me wher its sold for 800 Yen? I hve not seen these copies floodng th street. U dnt understnd how the jpn market works, 2nd hand sellng is big in jpn now. FF12 wsnt supportd well by squareenix th prblem tht happend with it ws they released 1 international version with 1 platinum hits. Is not enough for ff franchise. FFX got 3 seprate re-releases and sawy rise in sales whenevr new final fantasy game hit. U will see a trend like ffx-2 saw with ffxiii, expect th game to go over 2 million with is re-releases and pack ins wth versus xiii.

jpn is supply to demand driven market, i hve studied it, if new re-release is out they buy for few weeks, thn market dries up. square doing re-release is guranteed. I still see it as disppointment in jpn sales, bt as i studied the nature of market i cud see it will go over 2 million. This xbox 360 will nt go past it in sales, xbox sales will go dwn aftr this year in jpn, it will need to sell for 4 years without ffxiii re-release to sell more thn it, tht is my analysis.

360 is getting it's ass kicked now in others and even more severely in Jp...this is the least they could do..just go with the USA = world mentality ftw

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Well I think we all know how much of a sales BEAST Halo is.

Vetteman94 said:
jarrod said:
Vetteman94 said:
Slimebeast said:
jarrod said:

Exact twitter quote from Aaron Greenburg...

"Just in from research team (NPD): Halo 3 has outsold Resistance 1 2, Uncharted 1 2, Killzone 2 and God of War III COMBINED....wow"

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/15789769040

...how's this square up with VGC figures?

Perfectly.

Halo 3's NA sales roufly 7.9 million. Those 6 PS3 games are 7.8 million in NA according to VGC.

I got Halo 3 at 7.93   and those 6 at 7.97.   So which VGC are you looking at?

Ack!  Well it's close enough to where we can probably break out the Canada clause.

Well wouldnt that apply to both games?  

Well yes it would apply to all games, but far and large Halo's biggest userbase is in the US, it's not out of the question to say that in Canada and Latin America those 6 games outsold Halo 3.

OT: This is very nitpicking argument from Greenberg. Everyone knows that Halo 3 is huge in America and Sony doesn't have a huge PS3 first party game in the US. This is not surprising at all.

He got some news from NPD and yet he is talking about Halo 3, what about Alan Wake, how did it do?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Ultr said:

just for research: It's because EVERY console comes with a Halo game....

Not even close to true.

I don't see the point in gloating about software margins in their strongest territory, while worldwide they're getting hammered each week by their industry rivals and losing marketshare.