By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft says Halo 3 has outsold a ton of Sony games via NPD

This will be an exceedingly dumb question for all of you VGC veterans, but can anyone clue me in on just how much Halo is bundled? I get the impression that a large chunk of its sales come from bundling, by what people have been saying, but that was not my own personal impression, originally. Educate me, please! :P

Edit: Yo_John kind of gave a quick answer to that question a few posts back, but I'd still much appreciate a specific reply.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Around the Network

@Kowhoho

An extremely small amount, a couple hundred thousand at most if even.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

kowhoho said:

This will be an exceedingly dumb question for all of you VGC veterans, but can anyone clue me in on just how much Halo is bundled? I get the impression that a large chunk of its sales come from bundling, by what people have been saying, but that was not my own personal impression, originally. Educate me, please! :P

Edit: Yo_John kind of gave a quick answer to that question a few posts back, but I'd still much appreciate a specific reply.

Well Halo 3 got 2 bundles total.  The first one was for a very short period in others (I could be wrong about this but i'm pretty sure it was only others)  The second one was last year sometime I believe and went on for about 2-3 months.  So all together Halo 3 probably sold roughly 600k-1.5 million copies bundled out of the 11 million sold total

Mendicate Bias said:

@Kowhoho

An extremely small amount, a couple hundred thousand at most if even.

Really? I was under the impression that it was a bit more then that.

Expect to see more of these desperate statements as the market share dwindles.

Around the Network
placidcasual said:

There's nothing desperate about it....nothing wrong with promoting your product.

yo_john117 said:
placidcasual said:

There's nothing desperate about it....nothing wrong with promoting your product.

Have to disagree there. It would not have been mentioned if things were going better for him. Reminds me of that Comical Ali fella. "Everything is going great!"

Thanks for the replies.

On the original topic, I think this is a completely uneccesary statement and shouldn't be diginified with any response. Even if he's wrong in what he's saying, throwing comparable arguments back at him makes us just as bad.

In fact, the comment wouldn't be seen as "bad" in any way at all if they just would have stated their point without sounding completely jaded and mocking towards their competition...

I survived the Apocalyps3

lol, either way Halo is unmatched by any Sony shooter. And bringing hardware sales into a software thread where Halo obviously beats either one of the titles out is desperate.  Also 360 isn't getting smashed weekly and that tide could easily turn by the end of the year. Not that mindless gloating will stop whichever the case.

M.U.G.E.N said:

360 is getting it's ass kicked now in others and even more severely in Jp...this is the least they could do..just go with the USA = world mentality ftw

What?!  There are more countries in the world besides the US?  I say you are a liar, sir. 

Seriously though, is this the best MS can do to combat it's falling market share WW?  Give a comparison of their biggest game that's over 2 yrs old to games that for the most part have only had this gen to gain an audience?  2 of which haven't even been out for a full year.  And of course, he only uses US numbers.  FTW = F*ck The World.

I can't wait till GT5 is released, so I can use this same equation, but use exclusives for the 360 that have only sold a mil or 2.  Like Alan Wake, Mass Effect 1&2, Forza 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction.