By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft says Halo 3 has outsold a ton of Sony games via NPD

ff13 hs outsold xbox 360 console in jpn alone. 

its like seying tht, is nt a big thng, halo is big in america, those games arnt big.

Around the Network
HabinoBR said:

Ok... this is really cool... but i think that the experience you would have playing Uncharted, God of War, Resistance and Killzone would be a lil higher than playing Halo :/

Depends on if you have friends or not.

dragonmagician said:

Only in US (since it is NPD)? That's like saying FF13 for PS3 has outsold Halo 1 2 3, Fable 1 2, Forza 1 2 3, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon combined...only in Japan.

Either way, everyone knows that Halo is a seller, and Sony does not have anything close to it (hope for GT5) right now.

I hate the whole NPD thing,  they just need to use VGC numbers and qoute WW totals.   Cause your example would work very well in the PS3s favor keeping the same ignorance as this is.  

Also  GT5 will be huge but its biggest base is in Europe,  so it still wont do well against Halo 3 in the US

So Halo 3 sold well.  Who would have guessed?  Those games would have 10.692 times as many pixels per square inch though.  Don't quote this figure.  My wild guesstimation of 30m total Halo sales this gen does look possible though.

jarrod said:
HabinoBR said:

Ok... this is really cool... but i think that the experience you would have playing Uncharted, God of War, Resistance and Killzone would be a lil higher than playing Halo :/

Really?   wow I could have swore i was playing online earlier with friends in UC2,KZ2 and R2, maybe it was a dream though..

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:

ff13 hs outsold xbox 360 console in jpn alone. 

360 could still pull ahead!  Never give up hope! <3

Blood_Tears said:
jarrod said:
HabinoBR said:

Really?   wow I could have swore i was playing online earlier with friends in UC2,KZ2 and R2, maybe it was a dream though..

My point was the meat of H3 is in it's multiplayer, even if it has a great campaign.  It's sort of the opposite for those Sony games from what I understand (dunno about R2, but it was pretty panned anyway).

What would provide the better "experience" probably hinges on what sort of gamer you are.

ofcourse, lets throw US sales there, because that's the only place you are doing good enough to gloat in ..

mM

I sent a message, asking why he only talks about US sales =P

mM

shit if hes saying this, then what are the xbox fans gonna be like? anyway microsoft should be more worried that the 360 is sellng only 30k a week in europe right now. there really is nothing to be happy about there microsoft, especiialy when you have the cheapest console.